CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

stellur is the most sour faced pro i think i've ever seen, the kid has no expressions but frown when hes on main stage 

I don't think anyone on Liquid ever changes expressions on mainstage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Key word here is PRODUCED and if we can fix this I think HALO will continue to be amazing to watch 

Take a look at this and let me know if this helps - http://learn.org/articles/What_Are_the_Duties_and_Responsibilities_of_a_Producer.html   Everyone has their roles to play, but this can not happen again if halo is to thrive yes there will always be tech issues but who ever is running the production team should be the most knowledgeable on that crew and be able to fix things as well. No one person can take blame for this. I should have been able to fix some of these things as well. :/ I love you all <3

I just want to know what changed between the impressively well ran independent event to the one this past weekend that caused the new issues?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Interesting site, couldn't find the answer to my question though 

00e164b79a15eecd45e33f025e619186.png

Lol nope you are correct that was a mistake that happened and took a min to catch it and get it fixed. Sorry about that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Key word here is PRODUCED and if we can fix this I think HALO will continue to be amazing to watch 

Take a look at this and let me know if this helps - http://learn.org/articles/What_Are_the_Duties_and_Responsibilities_of_a_Producer.html   Everyone has their roles to play, but this can not happen again if halo is to thrive yes there will always be tech issues but who ever is running the production team should be the most knowledgeable on that crew and be able to fix things as well. No one person can take blame for this. I should have been able to fix some of these things as well. :/ I love you all <3

agreed, i'm glad you are around man, you are a real asset to the competitive community 

I don't think anyone on Liquid ever changes expressions on mainstage.

:stern:

:)

• Upvote (+1) 1

When production involves people who write annalist it makes things bit a clearer. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just wanna say, as bad as this past weekend was, this kind of shit happens everywhere:

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/24327449632-offset-24524.mp4

This is the CSGO Major, in Atlanta, AT TURNER STUDIOS. I think they have enough money between Valve and Turner Broadcasting to throw at this thing, and yet they have technical difficulties clips already set up to make you laugh at the massive chicken chasing the oblivious terrorist, as opposed to thinking about how a million dollar tournament has these kinds of issues:

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/23175233408-offset-29382.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IU7pJOgXzMk

The only thing they do better is the production, which, you know, is because this is a multi million dollar film studio, not a converted convention room.

Just wanted to say that sometimes shit happens.

• Upvote (+1) 6

When production involves people who write annalist it makes things bit a clearer. 

LOL Yeah my bad I suck at spelling but I was not on the production team LOL :) analyst 

LOL Yeah my bad I suck at spelling but I was not on the production team LOL :) analyst 

Is there any reason you can't show the latest Ninja montage during breaks? Or maybe go throwback with the snipedown/vidol, str8 rippin, community tages, etc? I think it would play a lot better if there were files there and ready for inbetween games. An ad at times is fine but viewers would stay longer if instead of HW2 ads you played the avengers montage from lxthul/formal every once in awhile.

I do think Dual snipers could work on Coli or Eden. The problem with dual snipers is less about the maps (though its a little this too) its that the sniper is so fucking easy. I am simply not impressed by any play that happens with the sniper anymore.

Dual Snipers shouldn't be considered at all with the way things are in this game right now unless they make it use projectiles instead of hiscan and it actually takes some skill to use them then it'd be fine.

I mean we know that it's possible since the railgun was not hitscan at launch and they changed it for whatever reason. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any reason you can't show the latest Ninja montage during breaks? Or maybe go throwback with the snipedown/vidol, str8 rippin, community tages, etc? I think it would play a lot better if there were files there and ready for inbetween games. An ad at times is fine but viewers would stay longer if instead of HW2 ads you played the avengers montage from lxthul/formal every once in awhile.

Nope not at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let @@PROVERB and his team run the tournament part of the event and let ESL or whoever ran the production for S1 and S2 finals run the production.  Best of both worlds.

Nope not at all. 

I know you've said you weren't producing the event, and that everyone takes a bit of the blame, but does that not seem concerning? With all due respect, the stream was awful until Championship Sunday. If it wasn't the constant downtime and repetitive adverts, it was the sound never being right, the graphics being wrong or missing part of the feature stations.

This isn't just a single producer thing, this was a systematic failure to run a stream anywhere near the standard it should be. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seems crazy to think of him as a rookie up until January. Considering major sports only play one season a year I feel like worlds was him as a rookie then summer and fall seasons were after his rookie "year"

Esports is a bit different than "major sports," because especially in Halo's case, there is no set schedule. There is no "official season" or chronological cutoff. He was well-within his first year of competitive Halo (and only 16) for almost all of 2016. He was, for all intents and purposes, a rookie.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope not at all. 

I would suggest running some montages next time then. It would retain a lot of the viewers between games. Especially if you have a lot of downtime. There's almost nothing to screw up there and you keep people content for 10 minutes between games. Avengers by Lxthul/Formal. Snipedown the movie by Vidol. Any Ninja montage. Any Kampy montage. Str8 Rippin montage. Etc. Just have 4-5 of them on file incase you need to play one. Would go a long way honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know you've said you weren't producing the event, and that everyone takes a bit of the blame, but does that not seem concerning? With all due respect, the stream was awful until Championship Sunday. If it wasn't the constant downtime and repetitive adverts, it was the sound never being right, the graphics being wrong or missing part of the feature stations.

This isn't just a single producer thing, this was a systematic failure to run a stream anywhere near the standard it should be. 

Correct, 

Biggest thing I saw was the lack of communication and planning going into the event. for the show that everyone wanted to put on there was a lot missing out of it that needed to be fixed ahead of time not the day of the event. As to the repetitive stuff that was a one person call there is a lot of moving parts at open tournaments some times simple is better. in the video I am putting up it will explain a lot as well. 

<3

• Upvote (+1) 5

The grind gets pretty rough down in the levels where you play against full onyx teams that match diamond/plat combos due to a gold or silver smurf in their fireteam.

I think this may be my biggest gripe. I'm no Halo god, but playing with a group of four, I can reach a decent rank pretty easily. Playing solo, I get to about mid-high diamond before I match all Onyx/maybe high Diamond To4's, but since it's less common for better ranks to play alone, I get matched with Plat/Diamond randoms.

Double disclaimer in case you missed it- I'm not amazing at Halo, so "git gud fgt" may be appropriate, but I really do wish there was some sort of preference towards matching non-teams against non-teams, etc. I'd even be cool with them giving less CSR for a win when playing against randoms, as to not penalize To4's matching other To4's.

This could all be steaming garbage on my part

• Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with this statement 100% it was not what anyone wanted and took a lot longer to fix then it should have. And for that I do apologize.  

I really appreciate and respect the honestly. Thanks a lot for not being a stranger here. Glad to see that the quality will be improved and worked on for sure. That said I heard nothing but positive feedback from spectators attending the event, so a huge congrats on that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also I feel like people are forgetting MLG Dallas 2011, which literally broadcasted a black screen for 70% of the event ... but I guess MLG should run everything, or whatever?  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Also I feel like people are forgetting MLG Dallas 2011, which literally broadcasted a black screen for 70% of the event ... but I guess MLG should run everything, or whatever?

MLG is literally better than blowjobs no questions asked.
  • Upvote (+1) 4