CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just got done driving 20 hours halfway across the country over the past couple days. I'm catching up and can't wait for the dankness that I missed.

Just got done driving 20 hours halfway across the country over the past couple days. I'm catching up and can't wait for the dankness that I missed.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 3

:ace:

• Upvote (+1) 1

ola on a smurf running with the rest of nV, just got placed gold 2... 

Well he must have played against Golds since he got Gold 2.... it tracks who you match.

So did Allegiance break up? danoxide said something about teaming with fake kids and "i did a skit for those kids", and he did a skit for allegiance about the team skins.  Then he seemed upset and got off, and now commonly and sickstory are tweeting about teaming but sickstory just makes shit up about teams on twitter so i dont know what to believe from that guy.

Well he must have played against Golds since he got Gold 2.... it tracks who you match.

Does it track when you beat teams by 50-2?

• Upvote (+1) 7

ola on a smurf running with the rest of nV, just got placed gold 2... 

The ranking system is trash it is 99% previous rankings. Almost never going to be placed higher than Plat on a new account because of how bad the game is at knowing what your ranking is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No it just places new accounts hilariously low because it's a bad system

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand this logic. How is placing on the low end bad? You used to start at 1. The placements aren't meant to place you at your rank instantly. They are there so that you don't have to spend 50 games going from bronze to plat. You can start at plat. I'm not saying the ranking system atm is good, I'm saying that the argument that it places you on the low side is bad, is just a dumb argument. It should never place you higher than plat.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'd much rather it place me hilariously low than place me far too high and I need to lose about ten games before I finally derank to something reasonable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel that one of the most underrated people this weekend was Alextoss. 

I thought he was fucking brilliant.

Calm, collected, and very professional.

Hope to see him more in the future!!

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't understand this logic. How is placing on the low end bad? You used to start at 1. The placements aren't meant to place you at your rank instantly. They are there so that you don't have to spend 50 games going from bronze to plat. You can start at plat. I'm not saying the ranking system atm is good, I'm saying that the argument that it places you on the low side is bad, is just a dumb argument. It should never place you higher than plat.

Gold isn't just "low end". This is on the level of a Diamond+ LoL player placing Silver, or maybe Bronze. H5's ranks are inflated to the point where Gold is the lowest rank with a significant amount of players.

Placing a player on the "low end" after placements isn't bad. It's bad when you're so dramatically off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gold isn't just "low end". This is on the level of a Diamond+ LoL player placing Silver, or maybe Bronze. H5's ranks are inflated to the point where Gold is the lowest rank with a significant amount of players.

Placing a player on the "low end" after placements isn't bad. It's bad when you're so dramatically off.

At the end of S5 in LoL I was Diamond 4.

I didn't play S6.

This season (S7) I placed Silver 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd much rather it place me hilariously low than place me far too high and I need to lose about ten games before I finally derank to something reasonable.

What's the point of placements then why don't we all start at Bronze 1? Might as well just do 1-50 if the placement system has no point.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would argue that this is the problem and not the placements themselves.

What's the point of placements then why don't we all start at Bronze 1? Might as well just do 1-50 if the placement system has no point.

Even in 1-50 you could do placement. In Halo 3 all games affect where you are ranked at. The placements just don't show you your rank until after the first 10 games, but each of the first ten have more weight than a normal game would. If it helps think about how placements would work in Halo 3. After ten games even if you're a 50 you wouldn't want people placed at 45-50 after just those ten even with a 10-0. But instead of 10 wins putting you at about a 10, with placements you'd be at about a 30-35. It's to help speed the process of placing you were you need to be. Maybe the name placements is a bad term. It's just a way to get you to where you need to be faster. Placements are positive in the current ranking system as well as in 1-50.

edit: I should clarify that I don't think 343i's placement system is working as intended. It is horribly inaccurate. Ola should have been placed in plat 6 as an example. There are many flaws with the current ranking system. That said, placement matches are beneficial to ranking systems and should not be ditched.

Why do you think this?

All Pro Teams are allowed one change after St. Louis.

I'm still working on the assumption pro league is separate, and they need el town to keep the spot. Which is also why we have no confirmation that the dev/contra league spot is officially dissolved. They could still leave eg after worlds season and just add two.

This weekend was so incredible, It was such a fun time I honestly love being a part of this scene. I get so much more hype watching halo than any other thing and there was some crazy series this weekend lol thank you all for the kind words and positive feedback, I truly believe in this team and we WILL improve our slayers for Vegas XD

• Upvote (+1) 8

Enjoyed this weekend, those were the greatest games i have seen from halo 5. 

we 100% need side station streams, the games on the feature stations were so good.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I feel that one of the most underrated people this weekend was Alextoss. 

I thought he was fucking brilliant.

Calm, collected, and very professional.

Hope to see him more in the future!!

His opinion that "it's never too young" were very questionable though.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not necessarily. I was playing swat (with a friend because that's all he plays + warzone. I would never play away by myself) and dominating (20-5) against plats and got placed in silver likely because I got placed in bronze last season. It seems like it goes off your placement last season