CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I never even got a chance to start posting pictures of construction zones. I just got home.

It's nice to have you back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems as if most of your issues are with power weapons on slayer rather than the game mode itself

Nah, Adrift TS would've likely still had a 0-0 game if there were no power weapons on the map.

Because death is so punitive, it makes heavily segmented maps even worse.

I disagree.  Power weapons and power ups produce coordinated map movement.  If there were no 'objectives' to work toward in a slayer match, everything would just become situational about the number of players dead.  Power weapons and power ups just need to be highly balanced for slayer to work in this game or we'll continue to see snow-bally matches.

What do you think would have a better chance of killing more players: coordinated map movement or uncoordinated map movement?

What do you think would have a better chance of killing more players: coordinated map movement or uncoordinated map movement?

Uncoordinated, for sure.

No doubt in my mind.

100% guarantee.

Having slayer at the end definitely makes the final game hype. Making SH of CTF game 5 or 7 isn't as hype as you know a couple seconds before the match ends who won.

As a viewer, I enjoy slayers but they sometimes get too slow because one team has everything. Having slow slayers would be cool if we had sniper battles, but non of the maps really allow that

ola on a smurf running with the rest of nV, just got placed gold 2... 

That means the ranking system is working.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I never even got a chance to start posting pictures of construction zones. I just got home.

I figured all we were going to get were pics of poles and posts on contruction sites

Coordinated obviously.  I just think slaying needs some context otherwise it's boring.  Yes map geology and a player's positioning provides context to any matchup.  But throwing in a power weapon/up adds a much more convincing narrative to the battle.

I always thought that Frosty or Lethul were the best players in the game but.... Snakebite is the real reason why Optic pulled ahead. 

I expect  Dadbite to keep showing up like he did this weekend, it's up to nV to collect themselves and bounce back to top 1. I still believe in Wizard Ola to be in his  Gandalf form next event.

This event was awesome. It's really cool how close the top 5 teams were, with every match between them going to game 5 or 7.

If this keeps up, worlds and future events should be really cool with more viewers because of this

• Upvote (+1) 1

Slayer is great, but i think a series being 2 CTF + 2 SH + Slayer would be best. Leave it to game 5. I quite enjoy that fact that it's in though, and don't think it should be removed, ie Str8 vs Inconceivable

Nah with that format we'd even get more bored of the near stale gametypes quicker. 2 slayers is good variation, plus I like the fact that there are series that is a flag or sh only series

The cut to "welp we're out of the tournament" is hilarious

Guarantee they drop nemassist

Lg couldn't drop el town if they wanted. They're stuck with that roster. Legit chance they don't make worlds

Coordinated obviously.  I just think slaying needs some context otherwise it's boring.  Yes map geology and a player's positioning provides context to any matchup.  But throwing in a power weapon/up adds a much more convincing narrative to the battle.

The objective is context.

We don't need every map to have one million power weapons, power ups, or automatics. We can have one map without all that stuff

Yes, the rocks that make up the map, and how they change over time and pressure always play a pivotal role in gunfights.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do you think this?

All Pro Teams are allowed one change after St. Louis.

Except Pnda supposedly, because they already were forced to use their roster change to 'remove' bubu from the team.

But then again; rules don't mean much and I'm sure they'll find a loophole to get around that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't think slayer is awful and am more partial to obj modes but having multiple items on fast timers is a pretty easy band-aid of a fix.

The only mode I slightly found enjoyable in terms of even having to slightly worry about how you prioritize weapons/power ups was eden strongholds, and even at that point it was not something that I found to be tough especially on the default map lay out.

Obviously I am a biased CE elitist so I think slayer there in 2v2's are amazing, but there were some examples in other games, like slayer BC in h2. Awful game mode with dynamic weapon timers, but the OS, although dynamic, forced at least one player to push creek once less than every minute.

I've hated this trend of 2-3 minute power weapon timers for about a decade now.

edit: late to both discussions, but LOL at this crack down on teabagging. Its pretty much customary to shoot, melee and teabag bodies in the games I play. God forbid people have some fun. Next we'll be in sound proof booths so teams can't trash talk each other.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The objective is context.

We don't need every map to have one million power weapons, power ups, or automatics. We can have one map without all that stuff

Oh I agree, there's no need for so many power ups and weapons (including op autos).  

Yes, the rocks that make up the map, and how they change over time and pressure always play a pivotal role in gunfights.

Thanks for pointing out the fault in that sentence.  I shouldn't take proofreading for granite.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we please start pushing to making secondary streams a mandatory thing for LANs we missed so many great series that event we would've been able to see with a 2nd stream.

I feel like this is going to continue to be an issue unless the community starts asking for it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can we please start pushing to making secondary streams a mandatory thing for LANs we missed so many great series that event we would've been able to see with a 2nd stream.

I feel like this is going to continue to be an issue unless the community starts asking for it.

Rumor has it that if you quadruple post the post comes true. Unfortunately you only triple posted so things will stay the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1