CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Looking back at the power rankings it's a pleasant surprise to see how wrong we were.

at least we got pandas placement right

Cyren  :simms:

Hey guys!

@@TheSimms will be the first guest on Battleground Breakdown, which we're hoping/planning to shoot this week. If you have any questions (really, any topic) that you'd like to ask, get your questions over to me on Twitter or in DM's on here! 

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you have any questions (really, any topic) that you'd like to ask

and no I don't know where worlds is  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hard hitting question. I think everyone can agree we would like some insight on this information. 

Jesus christ Joe  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hard hitting question. I think everyone can agree we would like some insight on this information. 

Can you send me that video file? 

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am one of these "delicate snowflake" types and even I'm laughing at teabagging getting you banned.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Good event, production was iffy. Didn't really go as I expected and I'm glad OpTiC won. A few things:

1. It's insane how close the top 3 or 4 are now. OpTic is no longer really far ahead skill wise and winning tournaments with ease, which makes for some great Halo. There were a number of times where I thought 1 single misplay caused a team to lose, rather than the opposing team just dominating. Loved the game 5's, which brings me to my next point:

2. I know this is how it's always been, and I know it makes for exciting endings, but I am I really the only one who thinks slayers (especially in this game) shouldn't be game 5 or 7? I mean the last time I brought this up a lot of you argued in the favour of slayers, but it seems to me that for what is essentially a tie breaker you'd want to have gametypes where the "better" team wins. Slayers have always been a flukish, and in this game they snowball really easy. Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

you realize OG2 was on a dominant team in Reach as well, right ...?

I like to pretend halo reach and h4 were never made. So, no.

The body disrespect for spectators.

Funny when completely irrelevant games try to make rulings like this. Not that I would ever play this game but I sure as hell won't now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

2. I know this is how it's always been, and I know it makes for exciting endings, but I am I really the only one who thinks slayers (especially in this game) should be game 5 or 7? I mean the last time I brought this up a lot of you argued in the favour of slayers, but it seems to me that for what is essentially a tie breaker you'd want to have gametypes where the "better" team wins. Slayers have always been a flukish, and in this game they snowball really easy. Thoughts?

I've always thought game 5s should be SH or CTF (depending on which is being played twice in the series). Pretty much for the same reason you posted. Slayers are my least favorite gametypes to watch other than Fathom CTF and Empire SH. However I don't think it'll change unless the pros feel the same, and I don't feel like that's the case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am one of these "delicate snowflake" types and even I'm laughing at teabagging getting you banned.

Upvotie for being a delicate snowflakes, us snowflakes gotta look out for each other.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

And so the champs grind begins,

The optic halo roster doing a boot camp in the optic scuf house.

(interesting to see the content produced with all four of them in the house.)

i asked this in the general discussion thread, but i want to knnow what everyone thinks; but do yall think coli flag should be 5 caps or is the ability for a 3 min game appealing?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How are the top 8 or 16 teams seeded into the online qualifiers? Do they get a bye to like the top 32 or do they have to play the whole thing?

i asked this in the general discussion thread, but i want to knnow what everyone thinks; but do yall think coli flag should be 5 caps or is the ability for a 3 min game appealing?

With the potential for standoffs on basically every ctf map, I don't like the idea of adding more flags to win. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

5 caps is way too excessive 

if a team caps 3 flags in three minutes then the other team has made a long series of mistakes and deserves to be punished

Slayer definitely should be played way less. It's played what, 3 times in a Bo5 or something? SH and CYF should be the majority of every series because they just better competitive gametypes. A Bo5 should be 1 slayer, 2 CTF's and 2 SH's no exceptions.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

5 caps is way too excessive 

if a team caps 3 flags in three minutes then the other team has made a long series of mistakes and deserves to be punished

part of me really agrees. great opening strats should be rewarded and that ability to dominate a game in that fashion really can turn a series like str8 vs inc. on the other hand, coli flag is the most unforgiving and can snowball as easily as empire sh. i wouldnt mind seeing a 5 flag coli put in a test playlist if nothing else

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Jesus christ Joe  :laughing:

Richard, you're a funny guy indeed. 

:ace: