CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

One could argue that Optic's accomplishments in Halo 5 are the modern day equivalent of a season or two of early Final Boss dominance.

You can't compare their résumés directly because FB played in an era where there was a major event every 3 weeks for a while, while CLG/Optic's era is online-propelled with a handful of big LAN events sprinkled in. Optic could literally never lose a match and it'd still take an unreasonably long amount of time for them to copy FB's accolades in the current system.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.

I (and I imagine literally everyone else) perfectly agree that Optic/CLG should be considered a top, top team of all time. I would never object to anyone putting them into consideration for their Top 5, Top 3, Top 2. I do object to anyone saying with any confidence that they are better than Final Boss. As you've said, the formats are too different to make a direct comparison between the two, and, no matter which metric you use, time at the top or events won, Optic is still lagging behind FB.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The matches saved the tournament, but the production value was horrible. Truly hope for a better "show" in London, but at this point there is no reason to expect anything besides amazing matches.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CS:GO

LoL

Heros of the storm

And summit1G were all streaming at the same time

Worlds we will hit over 40k [i hope]

And Smash and NFL playoffs....

I honestly think Worlds could do even better than 40k if 343/ESL get their shit together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As huge optic fan, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. I don't care who wins this one honestly.

I just liked seeing nV get shown up.

just so I'm clear, you prioritize your favorite team's rival losing over your team winning?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Also, this is a fun perspective.

https://twitter.com/Tashi343i/status/823458274792108032[/quote

Ahh, I love hearing the crowd get hyped. Str8 is my fav team and as much as I like the casting of t2 and Elamite, sometimes they don't get hyped enough. Casters can help get a game or moment hyped and Walshy did just that. (And Onset I think? Don't keep up with EU besides Simms)

One could argue that Optic's accomplishments in Halo 5 are the modern day equivalent of a season or two of early Final Boss dominance.

You can't compare their résumés directly because FB played in an era where there was a major event every 3 weeks for a while, while CLG/Optic's era is online-propelled with a handful of big LAN events sprinkled in. Optic could literally never lose a match and it'd still take an unreasonably long amount of time for them to copy FB's accolades in the current system.

And besides, for a lot of those early events, a lot of pro teams didn't even bother showing up unless they needed the points to qualify for Nationals, so FB won a good amount of events beating lower tier teams.

With final boss we had sustained dominance for almost 4 years. Optic has been dominate this past year but they lost finals and skipped a couple of events as well. They are very very good and this system does not help them in the best of all time competition but lets see if they win worlds before we put them ahead of final boss

One final update from @@Tashi about the event on r/Halo.

Is r/Halo a larger competitive community than beyond? I really dont understand why these updates aren't at least copied here with us having to go out and find them

Is r/Halo a larger competitive community than beyond? I really dont understand why these updates aren't at least copied here with us having to go out and find them

he's just checking to see what the casuals think and they don't bother asking for feedback here because they are gonna get it regardless

Hope all of you were able to check out my pro league debut yesterday.

DUDE that was classic

i sorted recent events viewership so we could look at it

sorted by peak viewers

evPyKJm.png

sorted by average

e5paVS4.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Too much work to come here regularly. 

So question for you fellow Beyond members:

Should I attempt to go to Worlds, or wait for a Dreamhack event (and if so, which one?)?

Should I attempt to go to Worlds, or wait for a Dreamhack event (and if so, which one?)?

Worlds would be cool, but personally I'm holding out for Dreamhack Denver because I've always wanted to go to a Dreamhack event. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

he's just checking to see what the casuals think and they don't bother asking for feedback here because they are gonna get it regardless

DUDE that was classic

i sorted recent events viewership so we could look at it

sorted by peak viewers

evPyKJm.png

sorted by average

e5paVS4.png

Thanks so much for doing this. I feel like we could/should be peaking at 40k during live events. Poor Production and stiff competing didn't help this time around, but i also think better programming and format would have helped.

As MrMLGAdam mentioned during the abysmal Vegas tourney, having pro's playing in pools throughout the weekend would have created better material for the stream. Day1 viewership was bad largely because interesting matchups were a rarity. With pools, they could have pro's on stream most of the time, and switch to interesting AM matchups in the Open bracket when it made sense to.

I'm curious as to how succesful the xbox one s give away was for getting viewers. Its a great idea.

What did help this time around was the abundance of Req packs. It was pretty hilarious to see chat begging for codes for 3 days straight.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If you really want to do this, I'd say wait for a Dreamhack event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks so much for doing this. I feel like we could/should be peaking at 40k during live events. Poor Production and stiff competing didn't help this time around, but i also think better programming and format would have helped.

As MrMLGAdam mentioned during the abysmal Vegas tourney, having pro's playing in pools throughout the weekend would have allowed created better material for the stream. Day1 viewership was bad because interesting matchups were a rarity. With pools, they could have pro's on stream most of the time, and switch to interesting AM matchups in the Open bracket when it made sense to.

What did help this time around was the abundance of Req packs. It was pretty hilarious to see chat begging for codes for 3 days straight.

A constant 15-20k wasnt bad for all the competition from nfl, smash, e-league, lcsand internal sabotage from production. If these team changes had been a flop and we pulled 5-10k, worlds outlook would be bleak.

My only concern now is lack of hcs content coming from the na scene until march. Im wondering if waiting for vegas will kill any momentum for new viewership or if it will even matter

I would say no, looking at stats we generated more than 3,000+ posts in this thread over the event while r/Halo just hit around 400 comments on numerous threads.

We have worked hard and tirelessly to build a community site for Halo eSports since 2013 (some even before that at MLG/THC). The community, the players, 343i, etc know what this site is and what it's for. It just depends on them to act on it and use it, doors always open.

You're so passive-aggressive, Cyren. You should be happy we even had a land tournament. 

343i are very generous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're so passive-aggressive, Cyren. You should be happy we even had a land tournament. 

343i are very generous. 

I'm just excited the finals finished at 12:15am EST.

• Upvote (+1) 6

And Smash and NFL playoffs....

I honestly think Worlds could do even better than 40k if 343/ESL get their shit together.

Last World's was almost 100k. Season 2 finals hit 40k. If we can't get close to 100k for another Worlds then everyone involved needs to be fired and replaced with someone who actually knows what they're doing. There is no excuse for us not to be moving forward with the amount of money in the scene right now.

Last World's was almost 100k. Season 2 finals hit 40k. If we can't get close to 100k for another Worlds then everyone involved needs to be fired and replaced with someone who actually knows what they're doing. There is no excuse for us not to be moving forward with the amount of money in the scene right now.

To be fair over 20k of the 100k was solely because summit was watching it on stream. Who's to say if he'll do that again.

A constant 15-20k wasnt bad for all the competition from nfl, smash, e-league, lcsand internal sabotage from production. If these team changes had been a flop and we pulled 5-10k, worlds outlook would be bleak.

My only concern now is lack of hcs content coming from the na scene until march. Im wondering if waiting for vegas will kill any momentum for new viewership or if it will even matter

If i'm not mistaken, there are some NA online qualifiers between now and then. Not sure if theyll be streamed though.

Last World's H5 still had the new game smell. A lot of steam was lost since then since it took a while for esl/343 to accept the value of live events and open tourneys. I'd like to think we can approach 100k, but it would take some impressive production in the build up and some solid marketing.

• Upvote (+1) 1