CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Columbus would be a great place for Worlds since it is the birth place of competitive Halo as we know it.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Columbus would be a great place for Worlds since it is the birth place of competitive Halo as we know it.

Pls

• Upvote (+1) 4

Although production was trash, it was a ton of fun to watch and had some of the best series in H5. I can't wait for Vegas and hope it's even bigger and better. 

:weback:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please don't encourage him.

I've been withholding praise to make him try harder.

I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!!!!

I think the gap is closing. I also think removing had spiced things up as teams can't hide from their weaknesses.

Winners-

Optic 4:3 Liquid

Optic 3:2 Envyus

Envyus 3:2 Str8

Optic 3:2 Liquid

Liquid 3:2 Inc

Losers-

Liquid3:2 Envyus

Str8 3:2 Inc

It really looks like no one is safe. I never thought we'd reach this point in h5,but i love it.

Notable mention-

StDx 3:1 Pnda

LG 3:1 Pnda

Pnda left the tourney with 45% map win record,and they only played 1 pro team.

I think one reason the gap is closing is that teams have caught up in slaying ability to optic. Optic isn't steamrolling teams anymore so now winning comes down to making the right decisions.

Did panda beat any notable team?

Did panda beat any notable team?

No. They only played 3 series. 

1-3 STD

3-0 Primal

1-3 LG

None of their games were streamed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you're so proud of STD for beating PG but you've been out drinking at a friends wedding engagement party that you don't really want to be at and you read on the forums that the UGC event has been streamed terribly but you still love everyone in the halo and team beyond community so you sneak away to the bathroom to write a sentence that's way too long with no punctuation that shows your sentiment for everything Halo related but you suck at using mobile.

*Insert Emma Watson gif grinning ear to ear because she knows in the end everything will be ok*

tumblr_mg3503s9LW1s0x7tdo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Any predictions for the next transfer period? I'd imagine that Orgs eyeing worlds would be targeting Shotzzy and Renegade. Naded could be a wild card to, right?

If i were any of the top 8 teams (except maybe LG) is be afraid to change anything and risk regression.

Also, how embarrassing is this Pnda thing now? They were hand picked to represent the pro teams, gifted a 7th seed in the champ bracket and couldn't even finish top 8? Shout out to Inc and ALG for doing it the hard way. Hopefully top 8 from STL get champ bracket in Vegas (and Bubu doesn't hey "punished" by ESL) so Cratos and crew get more opportunities to get smacked by AMs).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Somewhat OT but here it goes:

Walshy made a comment on Saturday about how this CLG/OpTic team not being one of the great Halo teams ever and that they have to win more before they are on that level.

Over the span of the last 12 months they've (OpTic) won 5 out 7 events, with the 2 others being loses in game 7s of grand finals. Funny enough 2007 Finals Boss won 5 out of 7, with 2 second place finishes.

Not to make this debate between those specific teams/rosters, but to say that they should be in the discussion for greatest ever team.

I think they can be considered one of the best teams in all competitive Halo history, the discussion for the best team of all time will be up when they win Worlds and the next events.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thing I really liked about this event - no map vetoes.

They're fine for Pro League but keep them away from events please.

It's funny how as soon as Stasis is removed, everyone's fine with no vetoes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Somewhat OT but here it goes:

Walshy made a comment on Saturday about how this CLG/OpTic team not being one of the great Halo teams ever and that they have to win more before they are on that level.

Over the span of the last 12 months they've (OpTic) won 5 out 7 events, with the 2 others being loses in game 7s of grand finals. Funny enough 2007 Finals Boss won 5 out of 7, with 2 second place finishes.

Not to make this debate between those specific teams/rosters, but to say that they should be in the discussion for greatest ever team.

They absolutely should. The only argument against it is subjective "this game matters more" bullshit, which people will argue down all the way down the slippery slope to the point where only 2v2s on Damnation matter and thus Gintron is the best player of all time (or something).

They flat out dominated the competition for a year, won a million dollars and are still winning events. If 2006 Carbon can be considered because they won three straight events, CLG/OpTic is 100% in the discussion. If they win Worlds again, it's time to start considering them for all time GOAT.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Also who do we talk to about production?

I'm not even going to touch on the audio issues (Im just going to pretend the guy hired for the job, called in sick,and they asked an audience member to fill in)

What repeatedly keeps the stream/gameplay from starting on time?

Why weren't we having feature station streams all along?

Why couldn't we get player names on the mainstage until today? It's just 8 players at a time

Why can't we get more varied commercials/content during downtime? I legit want HW2 LESS than i did before this tournament.

Why is there so much downtime? When mainstage is in transition, go to a feature station... even if it wasn't commentated it would be better than what we've been getting.

Then there were some questionable decisions made when choosing which games to stream. IIRC we watched optic destroy and AM team while more interesting matches were on . We also missed a "pro team" get eliminated on during downtime in the stream. Unacceptable really.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'd imagine that Orgs eyeing worlds would be targeting Shotzzy and Renegades.

Winterfox should pick up Bubus team.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Also who do we talk to about production?

I'm not even going to touch on the audio issues (Im just going to pretend the guy hired for the job, called in sick,and they asked an audience member to fill in)

What repeatedly keeps the stream/gameplay from starting on time?

Why weren't we having feature station streams all along?

Why couldn't we get player names on the mainstage until today? It's just 8 players at a time

Why can't we get more varied commercials/content during downtime? I legit want HW2 LESS than i did before this tournament.

Why is there so much downtime? When mainstage is in transition, go to a feature station... even if it wasn't commentated it would be better than what we've been getting.

Then there were some questionable decisions made when choosing which games to stream. IIRC we watched optic destroy and AM team while Inc and Liq went to a game five. We also missed a "pro team" get eliminated on during downtime in the stream. Unacceptable really.

In all fairness, the downtime was cut down by far in the last half of the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all fairness, the downtime was cut down by far in the last half of the day.

It was...but that's how the whole tourney should have been, Tbh

Given how good liquid played, I think eg can be encouraged from their series. Extremely close games. Devon has to play better though

• Upvote (+1) 1