CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish they had a second stream for all of these games we're missing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man is so sad to see UGC production regressing like this. I was kinda pissed when they didn't get an HCS open last season, but pgl did, given the quality of UGCs unsactioned event (after day one).

Now they get a 50k tourney as part of the Worlds circuit, and it's worse in every way. I just don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Does anyone else feel the best of 7 finals is unnecessary with the rest of the tournament being best of 5. The best of 7 format has resulted in some of the best 2016 matches (X games and Fall finals) so I guess that's a plus

Does anyone else feel the best of 7 finals is unnecessary with the rest of the tournament being best of 5. The best of 7 format has resulted in some of the best 2016 matches (X games and Fall finals) so I guess that's a plus

semi finals and finals should always be bo-7 imo. Im pretty sure COD sometimes has up to bo-11

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't like the grand finals first series is bo7 because it gives an unfair advantage to the team that won WB finals. First series in the finals should be bo5 like the rest of the tourney, and the second series should be bo7. Ideally WB lb and grand finals would be bo7

As expected pnda and eg shit on their opponents in losers.

I'm not ruling out pnda beating lg.

Same with std vs ALG.

Randa went up 2-0 vs Inc in the online tourney too, so that isn't a breeze either.

One thing that bugged me today was how the casters made NV seem like an afterthought. Like they just won pro league, but they keep talkingike optic is unstoppable and who could take them out? I'm an optic fan and hope NV gets last but that was so stupid

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I wouldn't put all the blame on UGC yet. They are running it with 343.

Question: Are TB mods allowed to be this unprofessional and prolific in spreading FAKE NEWS?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Is their event still going? I'm at esportsarena so I will have to catch up on this event but if UGC is over for tonight we are about to stream the first Shadowrun LAN finals since MLG Vegas 2007

• Upvote (+1) 5

UGC has had HISTORIC ATTENDANCE, and was THE MOST VIEWED HALO TOURNMENT in history. Frankly, I am SHOCKED at Team Beyond's insistence on publishing FAKE DATA regarding attendance numbers.

Here are the facts; this is the first Halo event to feature light flooring, thus making empty space more obvious. Second of all, the space from the stage to the light fixtures held 100 people, which was filled, and I believe the area between the caster desk and the stage was another 40, and was also occupied. The implication that this event had far fewer viewers than previous ones is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

UGC has had HISTORIC ATTENDANCE, and was THE MOST VIEWED HALO TOURNMENT in history. Frankly, I am SHOCKED at Team Beyond's insistence on publishing FAKE DATA regarding attendance numbers.

Here are the facts; this is the first Halo event to feature light flooring, thus making empty space more obvious. Second of all, the space from the stage to the light fixtures held 100 people, which was filled, and I believe the area between the caster desk and the stage was another 40, and was also occupied. The implication that this event had far fewer viewers than previous ones is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

j4b4NoU.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't know what everyone would be afraid of...he would just miss anyway :intensifies:

People would have to watch HCS to know that :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

when you get hyped about a potential eg roster for months and they lose to a bunch of little kids in their first lan match

Don't worry, they'll bounce back if they play Str8.  My new hypothesis is that Ace/APG/Heinz have a mental block vs Contra on LAN.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Kinda miss having a Halo tournament in the middle of the night  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3