CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I went on GOW's eSport twitter and noticed something, nearly all of their tweets have like 50 likes but 600 retweets. How the fuck?

On the gears of war website they ask you to retweet their tweets for a chance to win prizes.

It's actually a pretty cool system. You link your Xbox account to the live event site and every match or so a new "quest" unlocks. You complete quests by retweeting the Gears eSports Twitter, voting in community polls, watching the stream a certain amount of time, etc. Each quest completion enters you in a raffle for a prize (Elite controller, eSports skins, merch, etc.). The live site on the side bar has tabs that let you switch between the stream chat, Twitter, schedule, and your quests.

It's a fun way of engaging the audience not just in watching the stream, but in participating in the larger community. The only bad things about Gears events so far have been lack of downtime content (they just put an image of the next match on screen) and absolutely no bracket information posted anywhere.

I'd give it a peak just to see what it looks like and what other tournament organizers could potentially do to pull more fans into their competitive scenes.

http://live.gearsofwar.com/

• Upvote (+1) 9

I hope we aren't questioning the tilting power of a team containing both Spartan AND Danoxide

Something I noticed is that it has gotten to the point where the top teams are squads who can remain the most composed.

NV, OG, TL and Inconceivable are all tilt free squads who can remain composed for a full series. Str8/EG are middle of the pack squads who can "upset" top teams. Meanwhile LG, ALG, and Team Loophole are ticking time bomb teams where at least one player from each team can negatively impact their team performance by tilting.

nV beat Team Randa 3-0.

According to the bracket, Team Randa get a bye into the second round of the loser's bracket. They'll play the winners of TL/IC.

nV/Velvet starting on featured station.

Awesome to see some of these past ASTRO Spartans players shine on mainstage.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Coliseum slayer is so painful to watch. Even if the power weapons arent getting kills you cant do anything if the other team has them.

That update on nV/Randa is super late. Series ended 3-0 and I'm pretty sure nV are playing Velvet Gaming now.

On the gears of war website they ask you to retweet their tweets for a chance to win prizes.

thats pretty good marketing. Its gained them a lot of followers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipe is too good on Coliseum. Can't try contesting it and it can see the entire map from just about any position.

They need to give it less ammo for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you're telling me they're showing str8-lg over liquid vs Inc. Who is the idiot running this shit

While it sucks, especially as a TL fan, it's the right call to put Str8/LG on over TL/Inconceivable from a production standpoint.

Str8/LG are both pro-seeded teams.

TL/Inconceivable, as stupid as it is, by rule is a Pro team versus an Am team.

Additionally, Inconceivable have had ample screen time already due to their time in Open Bracket today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh? Not saying this to talk smack, but this is a rumor, definitely don't have anything planned

Save us pls

While it sucks, especially as a TL fan, it's the right call to put Str8/LG on over TL/Inconceivable from a production standpoint.

Str8/LG are both pro-seeded teams.

TL/Inconceivable, as stupid as it is, by rule is a Pro team versus an Am team.

Additionally, Inconceivable have had ample screen time already due to their time in Open Bracket today.

both teams have also already been shown on stream.  LG and str8 have not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh? Not saying this to talk smack, but this is a rumor, definitely don't have anything planned

Please get something planned. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is what i dont understand.

Last ugc had minor issues but sat and sunday were dope. No 343 support and online only.

Now 343 shows up with their own equipment and shit and the broadcast blows.

Coincidence??

• Upvote (+1) 6

renegade fits very well with this str8 team.

really happy for the whole team, but @@Heinz in particular. dude was in purgatory for a few months, and didn't belong there, imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 5