CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Contra leaving opens the door for bubu falcated shottzy devon. Has that trio lost a beyond tourney yet?

@@Timo any word on the age.being lowered yet

Who cares about Pro League when Worlds is sooner and 10x bigger?

Because it's money? Because pro teams are already seeded in champ brackets at qualifiers?
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If all the teams are in agreement, why can't they just change the setting in the lobby?

fines or dq's i would think

glad the contra\dev duo broke up.  they came off very cocky and pretentious.  not hungry for success but rather annoyed it wasnt happening. I hope they do better apart.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

The people who want pros to put stickers on their monitors during LANs are insane. They would get fined, dq'd, or even banned. You guys are so blinded by one thing (radar) that you can't see any of the success Halo has had. (Great finals, tons of big open LANs coming up, a huge update, the new map settings are great, and we had over 40k people watching Halo again).  It's kinda sad. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 17

The people who want pros to put stickers on their monitors during LANs are insane. They would get fined, dq'd, or even banned. You guys are so blinded by one thing (radar) that you can't see any of the success Halo has had. (Great finals, tons of big open LANs coming up, a huge update, the new map settings are great, and we had over 40k people watching Halo again). It's kinda sad.

"Success". Lol. Yea man Halo is obviously THRIVING right now how could we be so blind? Man, all you people do is try and improve the game what a bunch of shitbags. How dare you guys try and make Halo competive and more enjoyable to play at a high level. Disgusting. We need to stay mediocre because we need to try and get casuals to play Arena and inflate our pop numbers. That's what Halo is all about.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I heard players were going to get fined 5% for every series they didn't wear matching pants, have to imagine something similar would happen.

If they've gone through the official channels and told them this is what they and the community competing wants I find it hard to believe they would fine literally everyone if every series the host changed it to no radar. Even if they did the pressure from the bad publicity would probably force their hand, esports journalists salivate at the thought of an entire community vs developer debacle.

I still think there's a good ways to go in terms of getting unified and going through the official channels but really what are they going to do if at the next online tournament (even LAN if it comes to it) everyone competing is in agreement to play with no radar and so they just do.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Assualt Coliseum. I played a few rounds felt good but rockets might be an issue on the map. Be fun to have some diversity. Maybe take out a slayer? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If they've gone through the official channels and told them this is what they and the community competing wants I find it hard to believe they would fine literally everyone if every series the host changed it to no radar. Even if they did the pressure from the bad publicity would probably force their hand, esports journalists salivate at the thought of an entire community vs developer debacle.

I still think there's a good ways to go in terms of getting unified and going through the official channels but really what are they going to do if at the next online tournament (even LAN if it comes to it) everyone competing is in agreement to play with no radar and so they just do.

Agreed, I really hope the pros can do something to spearhead at least testing or commutation regarding radar.

chill there dood.  if radar doesn't get fixed now, we should just start discussing halo 6 instead of wasting our time 

I actually agree that H6 shouldn't have radar, and that is what we should be discussing.

"Success". Lol. Yea man Halo is obviously THRIVING right now how could we be so blind? Man, all you people do is try and improve the game what a bunch of shitbags. How dare you guys try and make Halo competive and more enjoyable to play at a high level. Disgusting. We need to stay mediocre because we need to try and get casuals to play Arena and inflate our pop numbers. That's what Halo is all about.

:uncledrew:

or maybe some of us just don't want to settle with mediocrity? Cool we got 40k again! Wooo we made it back after not having it a few years, but we can still do a lot to improve the enjoyment for the players, viewers and community.

I'm sure these changes are good that they made recently got announced, but why just stop there? We aren't asking to take out sprint or AA, just for the love of god let this game gain a bit more competitive merit again. If it was actually tested and the results aren't favorable I could actually live with this. Just writing it off right away is crap at this point.

I mean actual testing btw, not devs above the pro players throwing them under the bus when they screw up / don't feel like dealing with actual constructive opinions.

I respect trying to make the game better, that's what we're all here for. But I think CONSTANT negativity and discounting all the gains we have made doesn't do that. Also, as someone who watched the no radar tournament that you guys ran, and have played quite a bit of no radar 8s I'm not sure flat out no radar makes the game better. I can say, no radar ruins strongholds, and makes ground pound and spartan charge even more OP (I think sc should be removed regardless). 

Either way, we're all here because we love Halo and want it to be the best it can be, we just disagree on how to make it the best.  :beyond:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Contra, Danoxide, Naded and a solid fourth (Eco? Stellur?) could be a legit top 3 team.  Danoxide's / Contra's streams are just ridiculous, Dan reminds me of Frosty more than any other player (albeit with 500% more screaming than Frosty)

• Upvote (+1) 2

How does a triple A game studio allow this to get into the actual game? 99.9% sure 343 just doesn't test things. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only thing I find really annoying about radar still being here, is that everyone has asked for it to be removed, but 343 ignored us. Whether it would improve the game or not is up for debate, but 343 just leaving us out in the cold is sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The people who want pros to put stickers on their monitors during LANs are insane. They would get fined, dq'd, or even banned. You guys are so blinded by one thing (radar) that you can't see any of the success Halo has had. (Great finals, tons of big open LANs coming up, a huge update, the new map settings are great, and we had over 40k people watching Halo again).  It's kinda sad. 

da14a45c-4968-4692-86af-dbacf7199dba.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully 343 will release a hotfix for the Grenade Launcher glitch before competitive play starts up again, would be a shame to not be able to use such a great weapon.

Two steps forward, one step back.