CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Str8 and EG's hopes of making worlds are severely hurt today due to.. brackets. Luminosity and Panda's chances were helped. All 4 of these teams haven't played a game yet.

• Upvote (+1) 3

LMAO you can hear teams discussing strategy on the live look in channels (over the ad loop sound). 

its not that NV is being disadvantaged. Everyone other than velvet is disadvantaged and the seeds aren't based on the quality of the teams. It's based on fortunate draws during the seeding tourney.

Just like worlds 2016 they are leaving too much up to chance when there are so many easy ways to avoid it.

Good point. I guess it just doesn't bother me as much because at the end of the day the teams are going to end up placing where they belong due to double elimination. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 and EG's hopes of making worlds are severely hurt today due to.. brackets. Luminosity and Panda's chances were helped. All 4 of these teams haven't played a game yet.

This event only affects seeding for Las Vegas.

No placing at this event directly affects Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's double-elim. So whoever loses both of those series' should be fine to make a run back far into the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't say their chances are "severely" hurt. It's double elim and the tourney only effects seedings. Even if they are bracket fucked in the winners bracket, things should stabilize over the course of the qualification period.

I'm actually more thankful they decided NOT to use this tourney to send 3 to worlds because this format is dreadful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The brackets wouldn't be an issue if they just gave Inconceivable a pro seed after the online tourney...

That would have been a perfect solution. "Winner gets 8th and final bye into champ bracket". Congrats, now you are actually playing for something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why has Ghost not casted since NA regionals. He is genuinely one of the best casters we have.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The brackets wouldn't be an issue if they just gave Inconceivable a pro seed after the online tourney...

That would've been cool, but it would have had to be double elim.