CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yes, but I may switch around the numbers so be sure you can do it without memorizing it.

i think i did well on the test

ca26e9f8-f059-484c-b33e-8e802afd443c.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

So are they gonna give nv a bye or are they gonna bring 9 AMs into the champ bracket?

Would be crazy not to bring in 9 AM teams. More games for the pro teams makes everyone happier. The champ bracket system is just so lame since we barely get to see the pros play as it is. Giving some of them byes just lowers the hype and is less exciting for everyone.

So both Onset and Axeltoss said Real Fear moved onto champ bracket, but according to the open bracket they still have another match to play to get there. Are the casters being fed incorrect information?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean compared to finals 

It's a completely different company running the event, thats an apples to oranges comparison.

Would be crazy not to bring in 9 AM teams. More games for the pro teams makes everyone happier. The champ bracket system is just so lame since we barely get to see the pros play as it is. Giving some of them byes just lowers the hype and is less exciting for everyone.

Yeah it would be crazy, but i guess i kinda see problems in every scenario.

If you have 9AMs and give the top am team the 8th seed then their first match would be against the 2nd best am, knocking one of those guys to losers without ever seeing a pro team. It would also be a rematch of the open finals, which would be pretty stale.

But if you give the top AM team a bye it seems like they have it easier than everyone else. (Which they dont considering they did beat all the other ams, maybe they earned a bye.)

If you give nV a bye, i see the fewest conflicts, but there are fewer series.

Has there been any listen ins yet and if not has there been any word on whether we'll get some tomorrow at least?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Player cams with names is a big improvement. Still annoying that I can't tell who they're shooting at though.

did some of these casters piss off the producers, or is the person running sound really that incompetent?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe I missed it. Is there an explanation for no GTs? Can't the name be changed at all? I'm fine if its not their exact GT but seeing an actual name doesn't seem that difficult. 

Maybe I missed it. Is there an explanation for no GTs? Can't the name be changed at all? I'm fine if its not their exact GT but seeing an actual name doesn't seem that difficult. 

Tashi said it's a ton of work on the private servers so they weren't able to do it for open bracket. But he said they will have correct tags for champ bracket matches.

Tashi's comments on reddit basically boiled down to it being too much work to set them all up. Pretty horrible excuse, but at least it's been a consistent excuse across all the LANs we've had so far?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tashi said it's a ton of work on the private servers so they weren't able to do it for open bracket. But he said they will have correct tags for champ bracket matches.

KappaPride