CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

for future tournaments we NEED names on screen

idgaf what the issues are, MAKE IT HAPPEN

i'm a hardcore competitive halo fan and even i can't get over that shit

Just imagine if you didn't have sound either and you tried watching. shudders

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't post in here very often, I am constantly lurking.

I've been following avidly since the halo 2 days, I have watched every single halo tournament since then. I will watch and enjoy every single match no matter what the result, and I plan to for the foreseeable future.

Now to my point.. I can deal with all of the audio issues and stream issues, it doesn't even bother me that much (I watch for the gameplay and competitive nature of halo). But for some reason I cannot get over the fact that I rarely know who's POV I'm watching, or who that player is killing. Not even the casters know at all times. It might be the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced watching competitive halo.

I don't have any solutions, or even know the direct problem just ranting. With that being said I'm excited as f*** for the rest of this tournament. We should have some really good matches coming up. #goliquid

Yes, not knowing who the fuck is killing who completely kills the hype. 

Hey guys - bit of an update for you all.

All issues from yesterday should be fixed for today as far as I'm aware, UGC guys have been working through the night. Sorry that there were the issues in the first place, but today should be Gucci.

Finally got some sleep, looking forwards to casting today and feeling like myself!

When's the stream?

Edit: fuck it gears is on. I'll watch that until i hear ugc shit's together

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well the Halo channel is finally live. With a 30 minute countdown. Even though their schedule says the pre-show is at 10:30 (now), they're just playing the same filler clips as last night. I'm going to guess match one sure as shit isn't starting at 11 like they say.

Got my Da Vinci ready to go.

Da Vinci smart drinks were designed with professional thinkers in mind. With key ingredients show to improve cognitive function and increased mental energy

• Upvote (+1) 3

Da Vinci smart drinks were designed with professional thinkers in mind. With key ingredients show to improve cognitive function and increased mental energy

Be Inspired. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know I'm a broken record, but has there been good Halo filler content...ever? I guess Worlds had those players interview but my god the stuff they continue to show. Switching back to Gears until 12pm.

I missed most of yesterday stream, hope it's better today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

has there been good Halo filler content...ever?

Well at the moment we've had the best I've seen so far this weekend: Literally a black screen. It's been minutes so far and they won't even give us the awkward 2016 Words caster "banter".

@@Tashi chimed in about the event on r/Halo again

I hope everyone enjoys the show today. We've got some great open bracket matches coming and potentially a matchup between Team Allegiance and Inconceivable. (We'll see how the bracket progresses) For the Championship Bracket, we'll be going through the first 2 rounds in Winner's bracket, and the first round in the Loser's bracket. If anyone is here, I'll be floating running around a bunch but if you see me don't hesitate to say hi. I'm the big bald guy wearing a gray TSM hoodie. :]

:intensifies:

Here i was thinking id missed the alg match or at least part of it. I feel like tonight is gonna be a long stream night to finish the am bracket and get the champ bracket going. I dont want a repeat of vegas again. Not the start to worlds we needed

• Upvote (+1) 1

okay, i've joked about the mannequin vid quite a bit, but it would actually be refreshing at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Best part about this countdown is that we've already missed half of round 3 (bracket shows multiple teams already advanced), but they're making us wait for the pre-game show. If they got the issues fixed, why are we waiting? Shouldn't the casters and players have been ready over half an hour ago?

Here i was thinking id missed the alg match or at least part of it. I feel like tonight is gonna be a long stream night to finish the am bracket and get the champ bracket going. I dont want a repeat of vegas again. Not the start to worlds we needed

I'm not so sure, based on the online bracket (http://p5s.challonge.com/ugc50kopen), it looks like the winners of Winner's Round 4 and Loser's Round 5 advance directly into the Champ Bracket. This is based on the following rounds being named "Advance to Champs" and it being Best of 1 rounds from that point on. 

I'd take Danoxide's pterodactyl sounds interview on a loop at this point

let's not get ahead of ourselves
  • Upvote (+1) 6