CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If youre getting angry about a screech in a JOKE interview...

you seriously need to re-evaluate your life

We are not getting angry but doing that noise makes you look like an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

We are not getting angry but doing that noise makes you look like an idiot.

I mean you're not gonna forget that interview. At least it was different compared to everyone elses sounding almost the same. It's good to have some personalities it takes all kinds.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Given the timing, I'd assume not relevant for us.

Halo Wars 2.

Doubtful, game launches in a month. Would guess he's coming in for Halo 6.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Because the first Halo day seems always to be a mess I am still hyped for today. If this day is a mess I will probably be hyped on sunday because finals.

I saw Tashi drop some intel on r/halo about the problems.

Hopefully they got whatever was wrong with the direct feed fixed so we can AT LEAST have player names in the overlay, get out of observer mode and have decent audio.

Sounds like they won't bother with player Names in-game until the Champ Bracket

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss when each day of an event had crucial matches. Now we have a worthless Friday and a heavily watered down Saturday.

Talent gap pretty much ensured we'd have a lot of boring day 1 matches with a standard format.

Since you can't start the pro matches until the open bracket is complete, you have pro's sitting on their asses and a boring stream for 1.5 days.

Here's a snippet MrMLGAdam" posted this a while back about having a more compelling open tourney stream

Here is what they should do:

Pro teams start in pools, 12 total teams. 4 stations are dedicated to pool play, 1 per pool (counts main stage). Starts Friday.

Open bracket runs in parallel to Pool play. 16 stations are dedicated to open bracket. Starts Friday.

The 4 semi final Open bracket teams do NOT play out their matches and move to Pool Play

The 4 teams from loser bracket quarters go to Championship losers bracket

2 teams advance from each pool to Championship winners bracket

2 teams fall from Pools to Championship losers bracket

Pools run Friday/Saturday, Open runs Friday/Saturday, Championship bracket begins Saturday evening and finishes on Sunday.

I think this would be a much better format for open tournament efficiency and stream quality. (Obviously it would have to be tweaked a bit for us since we only have 7 Pro teams currently)
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I didn't watch Friday cause it's always the same. I'm more surprised people are angry, just don't watch it, that will force them to fix it. 

Seems like I missed a rocky stream last night... Super hyped for today though, did inconceivable and allegiance both make it through so far?

The format is fine. Pool play is the fucking worst.

Lol whats wrong with pool play? A day of seeing pros in pool play + only compelling AM Bracket matches would have been 1 million times more entertaining than last nights, despite the technical issues.

What about just one giant bracket with both pro and am teams

That doesn't solve the issue of having nothing but lopsided matches for the first half of the tournament.

Seems like I missed a rocky stream last night... Super hyped for today though, did inconceivable and allegiance both make it through so far?

Yup

Here's the bracket

http://p5s.challonge.com/ugc50kopen

ALG and INC should meet up today.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't recall the AM matches being this bad in the H3 days.

In the Halo 3 days they never streamed the early open bracket, so you never had to watch the real ams like Fridays are basically dedicated to now.

for future tournaments we NEED names on screen

idgaf what the issues are, MAKE IT HAPPEN

i'm a hardcore competitive halo fan and even i can't get over that shit

Yeah, I rarely even watch the first day of tourneys because of the generic tags. Completely kills the spectator experience.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Hey guys come to our LANs so you can get your name out there"

gets generic tag

You would think running these things required a PhD or something.

@ how many PhD's you have bro?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't even believe this is a problem right now. How is showing the players gamertags a problem? This has never been a thing. I legit fell asleep last night before it ended because of how boring it was. Just because I didn't know who was playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't even believe this is a problem right now. How is showing the players gamertags a problem? This has never been a thing. I legit fell asleep last night before it ended because of how boring it was. Just because I didn't know who was playing.

It's a symptom of the game not having local MP and the Xbox One not allowing profiles to be transferred offline.

But yeah it's stupid. There was so much time between mainstage matches, they should have been able to type 8 gamertags into the computer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not a question of them not being able to do it, its a question of it being too much work for the number of teams. So why not put profiles on streaming stations only? That way it isnt every box but when a player will be on mainstage casters arent having to guess who it is. It makes it impossible to follow the progression of good am players as is

• Upvote (+1) 2

Real lan that allows local profiles to play solves the entire problem.

Players make their own tags in about 90 seconds. Game on.

Maybe for halo 6

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when we could just manually make an offline profile, play on LAN whenever we had enough bodies, and actually know who was who? I member... back during the apparent technological apex of console gaming (lol) shit our consoles even came with the ability to play background music on day one.

• Upvote (+1) 5