CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think this was posted here but I really enjoyed this video

I love me some throwback Halo and I especially love me some Big T! Dude is constantly churning out content.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think this was posted here but I really enjoyed this video

Agree, and it really makes you think ... as Flame points out in the video, that 2012 MLG Reach tourney was the last super-serious tryhard event with huge player pools where everyone was playing at their best, until HWC 2016, arguably (which makes it more significant that Snakebite / Royal 2 won both events).

"Arguably" because I'd say AGLs don't count ... even AGL 8, which had a ton of players there, didn't have a big enough prize pool and the level of competition wasn't that high; and H2A was, for the most part, just "old boy's network" welfare, player pools were tiny and there wasn't a serious AM scene (Frosty broke out near the end, I guess).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great, we are going to be the top post on r/cringe now.

Tried posting it there (on mobile) and it kept giving me that the link had been submitted already (it hasnt as far as i can tell sorting by new). So idk

Thanks for the feedback guys, i think i have improved a lot since the last time. Ghost makes it easy, hes super chill. Sorry for all of the issues today on the caster stream, a lot of really unfortunate things happened that UGC will be working well into the night to fix. 

Also, we didnt know we were on camera which is why i didn't look into it much my b, ill be more aware. 

see yall in day 2.

It's been so much fun to watch you develop as a caster. You are a true talent on stream and do an amazing job of appealing to both casual and veteran viewers. Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will a Halo event ever go well on the first day? Do they test anything before they start the stream or nah?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah but I meant that if he was known as a good developer.

If I recall correctly, he's the one that made Starcraft 2's ladder system and Black Ops 2's league system.

He helped create Halo 5's league system before leaving to work with Activision, but he left before the game was released. 

I will be legit (legit) upset if they don't fix the issues for the weekend. I want face cams, nametags, proper audio and more stinking observer mode. It makes the tournament look cheap. 

What's sad is that I was so freaking hyped for this LAN. Are they operating on a budget of $500 dollars? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't realize some of the older pros were still playing. Was nice to find FiS, Twin Savior, and Demon D's names on the roster list

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really hope Inc beats ALG, because that would mean pnda vs Inc rd1 also it would make it more likely ALG vs liquid Rd 1.

Didn't realize some of the older pros were still playing. Was nice to find FiS, Twin Savior, and Demon D's names on the roster list

Fis is only.coaching lg, or did he find a team?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope Inc beats ALG, because that would mean pnda vs Inc rd1 also it would make it more likely ALG vs liquid Rd 1.

Fis is only.coaching lg, or did he find a team?

Subbing on a team because Domey couldn't make it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

someone find that gif of that guy with the pizzas walking into a room that was on fire in multiple areas and looking distraught.

Well this is the best description I've ever heard for that scene. 

If you want the scene with audio, it's here: 

Probably still won't make much sense unless you've seen the show.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ALSO:

Tashi commented on today's stream, go read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5p6h9y/hwc_st_louis_qualifier_day_1_discussion_thread/dcpfehh/

And while we're talking about Reddit, I'd love you all forever if you dropped an upvote on my article :P thanks! Sorry for the plug :lxthul:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5p6pen/ugc_predictions/

Gotta love 343's staff actively ignoring the most attentive audience for Halo Esports by posting in a halo thread notorious for the most casual mindsets who also (typically) ignore the competitive scene.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Given the timing, I'd assume not relevant for us.

Halo Wars 2.

Halo Wars 2 went gold earlier in the week. I highly doubt it's for that.