CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

reaction after today's stream

emma_watson_gifs_07.gif

i have a lot of hope for the rest of the weekend as the stronger teams start playing each other and the stream issues are resolved

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

- Sub par stream

- Many issues with audio/video of the stream

- Average/More than avg  downtime 

- Danoxide being stupidly ******** on stream

- Decent casting

- Ghost is back with the hat

Anything else I might had missed?(Other than dank memes/images and Emma's  gifs)

This is not the start of HWC 2017 that I hoped for. Hoping tomorrow is much better than this.

They need to stop using observer mode; the 480p and fucked up reticle is not a good look for the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't let Danoxide's interview distract you from the fact that the Allegiance skins came out today  :simms:

Clearly all a marketing ploy. Same day skins comes out we have one of the biggest debates all week :thinking::kappa:

Reticles are better on Observer Mode than Spectator mode, but they do the job. Observer is a sick tool for both viewers and casters. If they just ironed out the kinks and bugs then it should be used 100% of the time.

To be honest I'd rather just have live streamed capture card footage directly from the POV.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Ninja owned up to his mistake and apologized for it. 

2. Making a stupid decision in your own personal stream is in no way comparable to making an ass of yourself, your org, and the event on an official stream.

I in no way would call Danoxide's interview "professional," but you're severely, severely understating how bad doxxing someone is. "Hey thousands of anonymous people, here is this kid's first name, last name, and address." I would say doing that to someone is far more immature and wrong than Danoxide's interview.

Ninja didn't get permanently banned because he knows people.

Reticles are better on Observer Mode than Spectator mode, but they do the job. Observer is a sick tool for both viewers and casters. If they just ironed out the kinks and bugs then it should be used 100% of the time.

Until that point in time we should be capturing footage direct from the players xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone link Danoxide interview? Thanks!

Also that ALG vid was perfect lmao.

Just start mindlessly screeching at yourself in the mirror, that was literally the interview

• Upvote (+1) 9

We're all missing one huge positive note:

The stream hasn't gone to 3 AM yet...

Well we are getting the rest of the AMs and some Pro matches tomorrow so lets not jinx it...  :kappa:

I wouldn't have minded a later stream tonight. I literally have nothing to do. No more 3AM streams though please.

Honestly though, that was depressing to watch. One of the worst produced days of an event I've ever seen in any game. Hopefully they bounce back, because they have to. If that continues I will not be watching on Sunday when there is a CSGO Major starting and NFL Playoffs. I don't think Halo needs these amazingly produced events. We don't need CSGO, LOL, or DOTA level productions because we aren't that big. But for the love of god, the audio should not be this difficult. UGC had almost the same issue last time, and fixed it. So hopefully they can fix it this time. I don't know. Just took all the wind out of my sails.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this good or bad?

I THINK IT'S GOOD. WHAT THE FUCK?

IS SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENING TO HALO?

someone find that gif of that guy with the pizzas walking into a room that was on fire in multiple areas and looking distraught.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this good or bad?

His twitter bio says he is a ranking and matchmaking guy. So maybe he will do something along those lines for Halo? I am just making assumptions at this point. 

His twitter bio says he is a ranking and matchmaking guy. So maybe he will do something along those lines for Halo? I am just making assumptions at this point. 

Yeah but I meant that if he was known as a good developer.

Is this good or bad?

With his past experience I think it's pretty good. He did some stuff with Halo 5 previously and went back to Activision to continue work there. Glad to have him back

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those that don't know, Josh worked at 343 on Halo 5 and worked extensively on the matchmaking system prior to release. He left before the game came out to go work on Activision games matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I THINK IT'S GOOD. WHAT THE FUCK?

IS SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENING TO HALO?

someone find that gif of that guy with the pizzas walking into a room that was on fire in multiple areas and looking distraught.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Random thought, but I wish Flamesword and Maniac did make a team for these opens. Imagine having OG's viewerbase interested in our Am scene and maybe even getting a few of them to "aspire" to making it as a halo player. 

I would have actually be interesting in watching that series myself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With his past experience I think it's pretty good. He did some stuff with Halo 5 previously and went back to Activision to continue work there. Glad to have him back

Can he take Quinn DelHoyo's position?  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1