CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

for the love of god, i'm actually wanting for cratos to say or do something stupid on cam just so we can move along

• Upvote (+1) 9

I forgot about that.

A player being vulgar to another player on stream = ok

A player and the interviewer trying to make the audience laugh with a parody interview = nono

People found that funny?

I'm sure the lad has some kind of learning difficulties.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What's the point in having @@W0uld cast if his volume is half of that of Ghostayame's? Who is in charge of this fucking mix? It's really not hard to balance levels. That's so easy to do I wouldn't even call it amateur.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's one thing if the interviewer said , "hey I heard you have a great pterodactyl impression, can we hear it?"

It's completely different when trying to do an interview and childish bullshit like that was done. Nothing will come of it but if he were on my team I would pull him aside and put him in line. 

Edit: Make Halo MLG again. 

He literally asked him about the noises as the first question what are you on?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you really comparing Walshy after beating FB to some kid doing random noises on a tier 3 event??

Theyre obviously different circumstances, but they are both "unprofessional"

• Downvote (-1) 2

My nine year old niece was watching that interview.  What the $!%@ am I supposed to tell her now?  Down-right, without question, in no contest, unquestionably, the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL thing I've ever seen.  A bit of tomfoolery, no - that was a god-damn Trump pussy grab to my face. 

*jDot does not have a niece nor was he offended by the transcript of the interview.  On the contrary, he laughed and now considers himself a Danactyl fan.  However, in the modern world of safe spaces and holy-shit that was semi borderline offensive the dot must maintain my public persona to be as politically correct as possible*

-Happy Halodays 

-jDot out

accidental neg 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Moving along....

Personally I think @@W0uld is killing it. Few minor stumbles but I think he's doing a great job.

Agreed. Good play by play and good big picture commentary. One team starts taking a lead and he says "let's take a step back" and then he analyzed the big picture about the reasons why. A+ in my book.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe Dan was on some of that Danitrousoxide.

his voice wouldve been a lot lower  :intensifies:

@@Infinity Yeah i remember your study on how should look proper casting and i absolutely agree. But I also think hyped up play by play comentary is part of the Halo legacy and it should always stay that way to some extent. Solution should be well thought caster combos where everyone knows what is his role.

Finally got a response from the sound guy on twitter and both casters now sound balanced... Didn't think I'd have to spend my evening nagging them for such a simple fix but glad the good guys at UGC are looking out for feedback on the fly!

@@W0uld casting is really fun to listen to, hope to see more of you at the desk this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Looks like the event is being run and played by 13 year olds.

I just watched TSM vs Cloud 9 in LCS and I'm a bit embarrassed at the quality difference.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Casters having to refer to players with zero kills as Goose1 and Goose2 b/c no gamertags smh. Good improv skills I guess.

edit: Way to go Red1, Red2, Red3, and Red4. Great job!

• Upvote (+1) 7

I hope that next event 343 allows players to have for unique tags. I don't feel as connected to players otherwise... matches feel like they don't hold as much weight.