CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

However "unprofessional" it was doesn't change the fact it was the most entertaining point of the stream yet.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Watching this event has been depressing for me. I really wish the HCS would take themselves seriously and at least put effort into their stream. The quality of this event has been down right terrible with lack of gamertags, sound quality issues, too much downtime, and the face cams havent been great either. Any person seeing Halo for the first time today, would be pushed away instantly. In fact, they would have no idea what the hell was going on. This isn't LoL or CSGO, but at least take pride in your event. The interview could have been funny for all, but it just seems like it's a slap in the face to the viewers considering all the problems so far. Just my two cents of the event so far

• Upvote (+1) 8

However "unprofessional" it was doesn't change the fact it was the most entertaining point of the stream yet.

And that's unfortunate. Without nametags it's so hard to watch and I hate to say that. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Did I fuck up not picking anyone on ALG or Inconceivable for my fantasy team since they are playing in the less skilled open bracket?

Or will fantasy points only be counted for champ bracket games?

For how terrible it is, the viewers on the stream has went up. It could just be the time of day but the stream isn't losing viewers.

I'm not at the event. But I found it hilarious. There's no need to be ultra-super serious all the time.

The let players have some fun.

I do like this ALG squad. Hard to see this team and Bubu's not in the pro league yet. Once you guys do get there tho...

U44zj7F.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not at the event. But I found it hilarious. There's no need to be ultra-super serious all the time.

The let players have some fun.

It's one thing if the interviewer said , "hey I heard you have a great pterodactyl impression, can we hear it?"

It's completely different when trying to do an interview and childish bullshit like that was done. Nothing will come of it but if he were on my team I would pull him aside and put him in line. 

Edit: Make Halo MLG again. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 9

How are people going to go from arguing about the integrity of the league to saying making screeching noise is dandy production value from a TO?

You guys have a weird ass sense of humour. I'm all for comedic relief but come on.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. Ninja owned up to his mistake and apologized for it. 

2. Making a stupid decision in your own personal stream is in no way comparable to making an ass of yourself, your org, and the event on an official stream.

3. This is making me feel really old.

I'd say everybody agrees that Ninja was unprofessional in every way with what he did.  Loved that he owned up to it, though. 

Not even close to everybody agrees that Dan was unprofessional for participating in an interview that was scripted by the event's producers.

If you're over 20, my students think you're old. So yeah, you're old. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

343: we want halo 5 to be the main console esport

cool is it gonna have lan support then

343: uh, no

ok...its not gonna have radar is it

343: well, we were planning on putting that in

well the armor abilities are gone

343:yeah! but sprint is now persistent and you can ground pound

oh ok, but just precision weapons right

343: um we have silenced ARs and smgs and...

ok ok ok. can we at least have gamer tags for open tournaments so we know whats going on

343:...

X8SNu8l.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How are people going to go from arguing about the integrity of the league to saying making screeching noise is dandy production value from a TO?

You guys have a weird ass sense of humour. I'm all for comedic relief but come on.

Because there is so much conflicting debates. We want eSports to be professional yet a tournament organizer can't be arsed to test the stream before a 50K event. We want story lines to drive viewers to our scene but they can ONLY be from who beat who in matches. Absolutely not from people getting seeds "stolen" and making an arguably funny interview. We want a clear cut rule set yet we fine teams for not wearing the same colour pants. I'm all for professional eSports but come on

It's one thing if the interviewer said , "hey I heard you have a great pterodactyl impression, can we hear it?"

It's completely different when trying to do an interview and childish bullshit like that was done. Nothing will come of it but if he were on my team I would pull him aside and put him in line.

Edit: Make Halo MLG again.

We heard the interviewer rehearsing with an interviewee earlier on stream, it's very possible for it to have been the interviewer's idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I see that on the HCS stream as a casual viewer, I'm going to find it offputting. That shit is really obnoxious, and they fact that they planned a parody interview with it makes it even weirder,

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

We heard the interviewer rehearsing with an interviewee earlier on stream, it's very possible for it to have been the interviewer's idea.

Certainly possible in which case the fault rests on the interviewer but either way someone should be reprimanded because that was awful.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

If I see that on the HCS stream as a casual viewer, I'm going to find it offputting. That shit is really obnoxious, and they fact that they planned a parody interview with it makes it even weirder,

Dont worry, the best of the best in halo are running 343 and the hcs events. You dont have anything to worry about.........

Why is everyone such wet blankets now? lmao

Everyone would have laughed their asses off if Dan had done that back in the MLG days. We laugh at Walshy comparing beating FB to taking candy from a baby and no one complained

Are you really comparing Walshy after beating FB to some kid doing random noises on a tier 3 event??
  • Upvote (+1) 5