CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They haven't even realized they're only broadcasting observer mode from a single player? They keep talking about things going on with other players but we don't see it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What is this production quality? They are talking about somebody else's gameplay and broadcasting that person's sound while staying on a completely different person haha 10/10

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is so bad. I was excited to watch the AMs and see who goes off. Another horrible start to an event.

Lol they spend half their time casting trying to figure out which player is which.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They should/need player name for the POVs. Its extra work but if they're not going to make profiles for each am player in their server then that's what they need to do.

Not only for the viewer experience but for the players and their friends/family. Imagine if you're an am player who gets to play on the mainstage and you get this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I had so much optimism after the way UGC improved last time they hosted an event. Looks like they forgot literally everything they learned over that weekend, and even went backwards with how much is going wrong now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They should/need player name for the POVs. Its extra work but if they're not going to make profiles for each am player in their server then that's what they need to do.

Not only for the viewer experience but for the players and theyre friends/family. Imagine if you're an am player who gets to play on the mainstage and you get this.

They'd have the names and game sound if they used to player feeds, but i think there was some technical difficulty

Two games in a row and we've only seen a single POV. And still from Observer mode. If they don't make some major changes quick I'm out until tomorrow.

Edit: They're finally changing POVs!

No cams or name tags - not enjoying this :(

Hopefully by tomorrow everything will be squared away. I won't lie, technical problems really dampen the hype. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why is the game sound so damn low. :kappa:

I don't think they have plugged in the wires actually, and I believe the faint game sound your hearing is the speakers from the big screen in the venue.

Just a guess I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man you guys are impatient. Give ugc some time.

I'm on UGC's side, I understand that technical issues are unpredictable and that events are hard to pull off. I know that it was rough last time too and that it all came together in the end and turned out great.

But the last event was UGC's time to iron out problems. This event will probably come through in the end again, tomorrow will probably be great - but this shouldn't have happened again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A fellow forum user, who will remain anonymous, sent me this video showcasing the package they got from "Str8 Rippin".

jxFF2dN.jpg

That video is a fake/joke. Actual merch is being shipped this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 9

what is wrong with halo.gg? no place to put in the req pack codes?

I guess the web team forgot to make the box show up.

Stuffs

1. New graphics look great, love the minimalist approach and they have some cool characteristics, however...

2. Why are we still using the same Pro League scoreboard overlay? Would have been great to have a visual refresh to usher in the new season. Visual variety is key in esports. Hopefully they get a new one by Vegas.

3. I don't really care about the Live POVs/Facecams because I'm a big fan of Observer Mode. I think it should be used 90% of the time but there are obviously problems with the feature itself (bugs, inaccuracies, etc.) and the casters literally have no idea how to use the Hidden Controls so switching POVs seems jarring and spammy.

4. Is main stage not using a closed server? They should have been able to edit the "HCS Blue #" tags to the players' actual gamertags, I can't tell if this is laziness or if they simply forgot to change the tags.

Also, the Gold Pack code box isn't live on Halo.gg, yet they are giving away codes on stream. Dank.

• Upvote (+1) 7