CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My friends:

This is the best forum post I have ever seen in the last 13yrs I've been following comp. Halo  :laughing:

These memes and Gifs are on point today. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

With St.Louis happening, I'd just like to reflect on the past year with regards to players. I don't think I've seen more new players appear since H3. H4/Reach was your typical top contenders and cliques but since roughly this time last year we have had major breakthroughs from:

X-Games: Stellur, Commonly, Frosty, Cratos, El Town, Suspector, Eco

Cups/Pre Worlds/Worlds: Bubu, Huke, Calm, Swift Kill, Rayne, Penguin

Season 1 PL: Ramy, Danoxide, Shooter

Season 2 PL: Falcated, Renegade

St.Louis/Worlds 2017: Shotzzy, Trippy, Articc, Saiyan, Claim

Again, some people might have been playing for years and years and some just recently. These are just the standout people who have had a breakthrough year or performances and I think it's looking pretty good for 12 months. Here's to Halo eSports in 2017.

That's generally what happens when you fundementally alter the core gameplay of a franchise.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 13

The stream is not up yet, right? 

That's generally what happens when you fundementally alter the core gameplay of a franchise.

Man, i dont disagree but can we just enjoy it for what it is this weekend of all weekends?

• Upvote (+1) 4

The stream is not up yet, right? 

in about a half an hour, i think. the schedule says that's when tournament play starts, anyway. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really, H4 didn't really have as many fresh players. I remember a few people making a name (Stellur? and Commonly?) but it's not been this big of a new talent pool in a long while. Especially the amount of players and considering it's only been 12 months since X-Games. It's nice to see teams finally breaking the big cliques and allowing AMs to come in.

Man, i dont disagree but can we just enjoy it for what it is this weekend of all weekends?

No?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

in about a half an hour, i think. the schedule says that's when tournament play starts, anyway. 

Thanks duder. 

Not really, H4 didn't really have as many fresh players. I remember a few people making a name (Stellur? and Commonly?) but it's not been this big of a new talent pool in a long while. Especially the amount of players and considering it's only been 12 months since X-Games. It's nice to see teams finally breaking the big cliques and allowing AMs to come in.

H4's meta was much closer to h2/h3 then h5's is.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H4's meta was much closer to h2/h3 then h5's is.

But I'm talking about all the new players that have come in/made a name for themselves this year. I don't think I mentioned anything meta related besides stating a lack of AMs breaking through through H4/Reach lol

But I'm talking about all the new players that have come in/made a name for themselves this year. I don't think I mentioned anything meta related besides stating a lack of AMs breaking through through H4/Reach lol

A meta shakeup is the reason were seeing a lot of new faces though. Different people are generally better at different things.

• Upvote (+1) 1