CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What do you not like about Eden slayer?

Not trying to speak for Batch but there are an absolutely ridiculous number of power weapons and automatics on the map. It slows to a standstill in most games because of the sheer number of power weapons and it make sit very annoying to play sometimes. There are better ways to fix it than remove it entirely though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh hey tweets from Reiku and Halo monitors on my twitter mentions regarding radar removal :huh:

Thats the worst mod i have ever seen.  They clearly think that they are smarter than everybody and lowkey insult your intelligence whenever possible.  Nobody pisses me off more than those 2.

I think it's pretty important to know what percentage of pro teams / players don't want radar verses want radar to remain. The most effective thing if a change was to come about would be a document petitioning for no radar (at the very minimum just at high level competition), signed by representatives for all top 8 HCS teams. If you can't have a team come out in support of no radar as a whole then it's not as black and white as people are making out.

There is absolutely no point trying to reason about the competitive integrity of the game radar vs no radar, all you're going to do is get yourself tangled up in the discussion itself. Very clearly the point should be "we the competitive community want this particular setting to be our base point", nothing to do with making it a spingboard for every single other setting or changing the way other people play the game - this issue and this issue alone.

Saucey conducted a poll recently on this website and it was something like 2/3 in favor of no radar. I don't remember how many responded though

Actually, cyren posted the link and it was over 4/5 in favor of no radar

Thats the worst mod i have ever seen.  They clearly think that they are smarter than everybody and lowkey insult your intelligence whenever possible.  Nobody pisses me off more than those 2.

The mute feature is a beautiful thing.

34 Pro Players participated in this poll in total.

Question 2: Should Radar be enabled in the HCS Settings?

17.6% - Yes, radar works well with Halo 5 eSports and should remain enabled.

82.4% - No, Radar has no place in Halo 5 eSports and should be disabled.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14543-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-2/?view=findpost&p=852919

Ah, thanks for posting it; that's way better than I remembered.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So...

This big settings update thing isn't actually changing anything meaningful?

If better weapon placements, removal of splinter nades across the board, and SR demoted to a Tier 2 weapon isn't meaningful, then sure.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So...

I'll refer to @@Infinity's post:

For people throwing a fit about Radar... y'all are batshit insane (for the wrong reasons).

• SAW Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Grenade Launcher added
  • Splinters per map no longer exceed 4 and are placed in deficit positions
  • Some maps have Splinters removed entirely
  • Truth only has one automatic in a terrible location on a Tier 2 timer
  • Fathom CTF improved to reduce low scoring games
  • Power weapons reduced across the board
  • Plaza and Rig have small tweaks that will revolutionize Slayer on those maps

I get that we don't like Radar but for the first time we are juggling universal settings, mixed Pro Player opinions, and additional issues as well. If you genuinely think that Radar trumps all of the things I just listed, I don't know what to say. Quinn said they are approaching the radar issue and it'll be taken care of, but for fuck sake these settings are fantastic and Ghost should be praised to no end.

There's A LOT of good changes there. If removing radar is the only thing that is going to please you and be considered "meaningful" then nope, nothing to see here.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

I wonder if the pros at 343 get insanely frustrated with multiplayer roadblocks like no radar by Quin DelHoyo, or if they follow the same thought process he does. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The mute feature is a beautiful thing.

Eh, I like to argue to be honest.  I'm not going to let someone spew nonsense like that without having a counterpoint.  That waypoint thread they linked is like 30% me responding fallacious arguments.

So...

No it is.  The majority of the weapon and nade changes are very good.  Regardless of radar they will certainly play better.  SR being reclassified as Tier 2 by itself is a big plus.  Reduction/elimination of splinters on some maps.  Removal of Fuel from Truth. etc.

There is a ton of good shit in the update.  I think its important that we don't let "Great" become the enemy of "Good" and be very positive with the good changes, but obviously stay critical of the things that still need to change without being nasty.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wonder if the pros at 343 get insanely frustrated with multiplayer roadblocks like no radar by Quin DelHoyo, or if they follow the same thought process he does. 

The poll answered by pro players a few posts above you could give you a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The poll answered by pro players a few posts above you could give you a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we all know the answer.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Damn so pretty much confirmed Spartan a F/A. I still think Penguin was the best on TL but Spartan was second.

I think Penguin is the worst myself. Rather him leave and bring in Bubu.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think we all know the answer.

I just have mental images of them making proposals that get roadblocked consistently, leaving, and sitting in the break room just pisssssssed.

That or they're somehow complacent. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would be different for e6 if cratos would listen. Multiple times during relegation you could here the other players tell cratos to stay put and not die, than 2 seconds later you would see his name pop up in the kill feed.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I read this forum every day and have to say, the amount of wins competitively Halo has received in the past two weeks is amazing. Does radar belong in competitive Halo? No probably not. But that's the way it is.

We got an amazing update with great fixes that work, observer mode, some tweaks to maps we have been asking for, an AMAZING Finals, great HWC news, DREAMHACK for Christ sake.

Progress is progress and I just have to say, this is an exciting time for Halo. Don't let one small disappointment ruin that. 2017 is still going to be an amazing year. Halo is back.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

34 Pro Players participated in this poll in total.

Question 2: Should Radar be enabled in the HCS Settings?

17.6% - Yes, radar works well with Halo 5 eSports and should remain enabled.

82.4% - No, Radar has no place in Halo 5 eSports and should be disabled.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14543-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-2/?view=findpost&p=852919

It's so beautiful. Let me just quote it one more time.