CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've sent my scuf back FIVE times. All under warranty, and all for the same problem: one or two of the small paddle buttons would get mushy or stop working. And it was always one of the inner buttons, for the smaller paddles. Each time their customer service was very helpful and sympathetic (prolly cuz I was under warranty), and it'd get fixed within 2 weeks. This last time, they gave up and sent me a brand new Scuf. I've cost them a lot of money.

That being said, I also bought an Elite controller, and I've ordered the Scuf paddles for the Elite controller (Scuf paddles >>> Elite paddles, imo). I can't aim for crap with the Elite (the sticks are too frictionless), but the build and feel is much, much better. 

Long story short: I like the Scuf because the paddles and it aims like a normal controller, but sending it back 5 times for repairs in 7 months is unacceptable. But I've heard all the bad stuff about the Elite bumpers, so I guess there's no perfect option.

Jeesh 5 times in 7 months is ridiculously unlucky. Ive had mine for 2 yrs with no issues. Knock on wood now but that is damn excessive. Every experience is going to be different for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jeesh 5 times in 7 months is ridiculously unlucky. Ive had mine for 2 yrs with no issues. Knock on wood now but that is damn excessive.

Sounds like my Xbox 360. Got it around early 08 and all of my friends eventually had theirs RRoD out on them, some multiple times. I kept waiting for it to happen, and it eventually caught all sorts of defects (like the disc drive not opening 90% of the time) but it never stopped working and by the time the Xbox One came out, my old faithful 360 was still clinging to life. I regret selling it now, I should have donated it to a museum where it would have eventually become the last working Xbox 360 in existence.

• Upvote (+1) 3

nV

Optic

EG

TL

Bubu

LG

ALG

Str8

Don't disappoint me EG

Have faith. The twins and the Detroit LAN Gods will pull through.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds like my Xbox 360. Got it around early 08 and all of my friends eventually had theirs RRoD out on them, some multiple times. I kept waiting for it to happen, and it eventually caught all sorts of defects (like the disc drive not opening 90% of the time) but it never stopped working and by the time the Xbox One came out, my old faithful 360 was still clinging to life. I regret selling it now, I should have donated it to a museum where it would have eventually become the last working Xbox 360 in existence.

Same exact issue. Eventually I was opening my disc drive with a butter knife :simms:. No RRoD tho.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same exact issue. Eventually I was opening my disc drive with a butter knife :simms:. No RRoD tho.

How satisfying was it when you'd sit there for ~10 minutes trying to open the drive when it finally made that glorious opening noise and the disc came out tho

• Upvote (+1) 3

How satisfying was it when you'd sit there for ~10 minutes trying to open the drive when it finally made that glorious opening noise and the disc came out tho

Dude no joke you are bringing me back. When it would open I'd feel like an actual lock picker. I'd always have to defend my 360's honor to my wife with things like "it's not that bad", just before I'd stand in front of it for 5-10 mins trying to coax it open with a knife that was always sitting next to it for that reason. Glad I wasn't the only one with that issue!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dude no joke you are bringing me back. When it would open I'd feel like an actual lock picker. I'd always have to defend my 360's honor to my wife with things like "it's not that bad", just before I'd stand in front of it for 5-10 mins trying to coax it open with a knife that was always sitting next to it for that reason. Glad I wasn't the only one with that issue!

You should've buttered the hinges.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Genuinely have no idea who those people are. I'm assuming one of them is shotzzy.

shotzzy on the left falcated on the right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

XBox Elites break down a lot faster.

That's pretty anecdotal. The bumpers are really not made any differently than the Scufs, right? There could be something I'm missing, but Scufs are just modified standard controllers, and those bumpers break just as quickly.

I kept an opened paper clip next to my 360 and would just take the front face plate off and put the paper clip in the little hole under the disc tray and pushed on the gear or whatever and it would pop the sucker open.....easy peasy.

If nV doesn't win the tournament, I'll make constructive posts for a full day. Quote me.

You should've buttered the hinges.

Well I can tell nV hasn't lost yet

• Upvote (+1) 5

1. Reality Check

2. Pnda

3. Team Randa

4. Meme Team

5. Tbag squad

6. H3A is a lie

7. Loophole Warriors

8. MCC finally fixed

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

1) nV

2) OG

3) TL 

4) Shooter's Daycare

5) EG

6) ALG

7) Str8

8) LG

Hope Str8 & LG do better than that but we'll see. Also, anyone else have trouble deciding to root for rn? I could honestly cheer for the majority of these squads since all my fav. players keep ending up on new squads. *sigh*

It's out of warranty.

Where did you get it from?