CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel crazy for never having seen this discussed, but is there a consensus view on whether Scuf or Xbox Elite is the better option?

I feel like the Elite seems better, but I always hear about pros discussing their scufs. Is there some reason?

Pro's talk about Scufs because most of them are sponsored by Scuf, and therefore and have to say they are better.

An Elite from Best Buy with the 2 year warranty is the best option. It's a better product and you can replace them easy if there is a problem. Scufs are just regular controllers modded and their support is trash. Neither one lasts longer. It comes down to luck, usage and how you treat your things.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Contra & Cratos

I could see this every hour of my life and it'd still make me laugh every time.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel crazy for never having seen this discussed, but is there a consensus view on whether Scuf or Xbox Elite is the better option?

I feel like the Elite seems better, but I always hear about pros discussing their scufs. Is there some reason?

Scufs are overpriced IMO and look like they are made with cheap plastic, Elites are a quality control but with an issue that makes the bumpers break/go loose but it can be fixed.

Only issue with my elite controller is the right thumbstick is loose. When i turn the controller upside down the analog stick moves with it. It's weird and aiming seems much looser now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No one is sponsored by Elites (Microsoft), but a ton of pros are sponsored by Scuffs, so that's probably why you hear so much about them from pros.

I can't speak to which is better, but I love my Elite and at the same time very thankful I got the warranty (RIP LB)

I know lunch uses an elite or has been as of late. So theres that.

Only issue with my elite controller is the right thumbstick is loose. When i turn the controller upside down the analog stick moves with it. It's weird and aiming seems much looser now.

Get a replacement.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dope, thanks for the responses everyone.

Pro's talk about Scufs because most of them are sponsored by Scuf, and therefore and have to say they are better.

An Elite from Best Buy with the 2 year warranty is the best option. It's a better product and you can replace them easy if there is a problem. Scufs are just regular controllers modded and their support is trash. Neither one lasts longer. It comes down to luck, usage and how you treat your things.

This sounds like a solid option. I mean, I'd like to think I treat my things well...

...but on the other hand, the whole reason I'm getting a new controller is because I smashed my previous controller into my couch in anger, right where my phone happened to be sitting, destroying a phone screen and a left trigger in one deft move.

But on the other other hand, I was getting bullshitted by Halo 5 aiming, and I was wasted. Who of us can say we haven't been there?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Scufs are overpriced IMO and look like they are made with cheap plastic, Elites are a quality control but with an issue that makes the bumpers break/go loose but it can be fixed.

To truly determine which controller is better, we need to force Cratos to play with an Elite and then check the damage after he throws it on the ground upon losing.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I could see this every hour of my life and it'd still make me laugh every time.

The forums needs a feature to add this tweet every few pages. It's that good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dope, thanks for the responses everyone.

This sounds like a solid option. I mean, I'd like to think I treat my things well...

...but on the other hand, the whole reason I'm getting a new controller is because I smashed my previous controller into my couch in anger, right where my phone happened to be sitting, destroying a phone screen and a left trigger in one deft move.

But on the other other hand, I was getting bullshitted by Halo 5 aiming, and I was wasted. Who of us can say we haven't been there?

I've sent my scuf back FIVE times. All under warranty, and all for the same problem: one or two of the small paddle buttons would get mushy or stop working. And it was always one of the inner buttons, for the smaller paddles. Each time their customer service was very helpful and sympathetic (prolly cuz I was under warranty), and it'd get fixed within 2 weeks. This last time, they gave up and sent me a brand new Scuf. I've cost them a lot of money.

That being said, I also bought an Elite controller, and I've ordered the Scuf paddles for the Elite controller (Scuf paddles >>> Elite paddles, imo). I can't aim for crap with the Elite (the sticks are too frictionless), but the build and feel is much, much better. 

Long story short: I like the Scuf because the paddles and it aims like a normal controller, but sending it back 5 times for repairs in 7 months is unacceptable. But I've heard all the bad stuff about the Elite bumpers, so I guess there's no perfect option.

• Upvote (+1) 2

STL Predictions:

1. OpTic

2. NV

3. Liquid

4. Bubu

5. Str8

6. EG

7. ALG

8. LG

I've sent my scuf back FIVE times. All under warranty, and all for the same problem: one or two of the small paddle buttons would get mushy or stop working. And it was always one of the inner buttons, for the smaller paddles. Each time their customer service was very helpful and sympathetic (prolly cuz I was under warranty), and it'd get fixed within 2 weeks. This last time, they gave up and sent me a brand new Scuf. I've cost them a lot of money.

That being said, I also bought an Elite controller, and I've ordered the Scuf paddles for the Elite controller (Scuf paddles >>> Elite paddles, imo). I can't aim for crap with the Elite (the sticks are too frictionless), but the build and feel is much, much better. 

Long story short: I like the Scuf because the paddles and it aims like a normal controller, but sending it back 5 times for repairs in 7 months is unacceptable. But I've heard all the bad stuff about the Elite bumpers, so I guess there's no perfect option.

I was actually thinking the Elite paddles looked superior, just by the way they don't require one finger to overlap the outer paddle. Interesting to hear the opposite.

5 repairs is garbage, definitely trying to avoid that.

Does anybody swear by the longer stick lengths or dome tops? Dukes were always my favorite so I was looking forward to that aspect of it too.

---

LAN predictions seem extra tricky this time around. Here's the best I can guess:

1. NV

2. OG

3. ALG

4. TL

5. Inc

6. LG

7. EG

8. Str8

Something had to give, so I guess I'll bet against Roybox and Contranator performing better on LAN. Which sounds stupid now that I say it out loud.

STL Predictions:

1. NV

2. OpTic

3. Liquid

4. ALG

5. Str8

6. Bubu

7. EG

8. LG

I gave Lethul $3USD so the above list is perfectly fine and I am not unloyal.

• Upvote (+1) 1