Leading up to worlds:

"Well they can't remove radar now because it's too close to Worlds."

Leading up to Summer Finals:

"Well they can't remove radar now because the new season starts soon."

Leading up to new Worlds season:

"Well they can't remove radar now because Worlds is about to start."

10138759.gif

#NoRadar2017

Quinn essentially tweeted to me that they're going to leave it be for now, everybody saw it, so I'm not sure why they're surprised. It's ridiculous beyond comprehension and has no logical sense. But it is what is is.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

shout out to all the people that are all "I'm not in here often" then proceed to make a harsh judgement on the "toxic" nature of the forum.

"Hi, I'm not at all informed or knowledgeable about the general flow and meta of the conversation in here, but here's my strong opinion damning them anyway!"

We have fun in here, we love competitive halo, intel, roster hurricanes and memes, and we get heated about bad settings every now and then. Grow up.

high-horse.jpg

well hello, let me complain about your excessive complaining. you are all toxic. and no i didnt read any of the positive posts in the first 30 pages of this thread or any of the positivity around the format changes and fall finals. good day

• Upvote (+1) 4

I cant breathe.

Ola Is the greatest

nV have a Wizard and a Jedi on the same team.  It's why they are so strong.  

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just tweeted Ryanoob's video to Quinn and Tashi, I'd encourage you all to do the same. Might amount to nothing but I'd just like them to watch it and give *some* kind of response.

In the past there have been complaints about this community not providing constructive feedback or airing their complaints properly - well, Ryanoob's video is about as constructive as feedback can possibly be, in my opinion. In the video he breaks down how he found playing no-radar 8s to be, and backs up his findings by showing clips from his games and explaining how no-radar made those plays possible. He also mentions at the end how the qualifiers for worlds are still a month away, and that in his opinion that gives pro teams enough time to adapt - they are supposed to be really good at video games, after all.

I think it's been posted already but I'm linking it again because I'd really like to see this tweeted to Quinn and Tashi as much as possible. Its not fair that people like Ryanoob or other members of this community put time and effort into making constructive feedback videos and then get ignored by the 343 employees who asked for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBoIWFH6nI

i would be interested to hear counterarguments to this video

What confuses me is when we were having a similar discussion a year ago about breakout, we all complained, pros complained, pros ran polls, pros talked about not being heard when millions were on the line with uncompetitive settings. Now we've been having the same conversation for months and we don't hear anything. Am I missing something here?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually like radar and believe it actually adds a skill-gap to the game in the manipulation of it. Without it you can sprint around more carelessly and just wait to be back smacked or back someone of your own. That is an obvious generalization but it is the basic point of my opinion. Opinion.

Your opinion is wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What confuses me is when we were having a similar discussion a year ago about breakout, we all complained, pros complained, pros ran polls, pros talked about not being heard when millions were on the line with uncompetitive settings. Now we've been having the same conversation for months and we don't hear anything. Am I missing something here?

Pros don't seem to be quite as unified against radar as they were about breakout. A minority including at least some players from optic want radar, although Ryanoob's video seemed to suggest that snakebite was liking no radar so Idk

• Upvote (+1) 1

The argument for Breakout was that it was drastically different from everything else in the competitive rule set featuring no radar (HA), SMG and Pistol starts, increased lethality, etc. 

Radar doesn't have that sort of argument. Well, unless you want to count it not being present in competitive settings since 2000 and never.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pros don't seem to be quite as unified against radar as they were about breakout. A minority including at least some players from optic want radar, although Ryanoob's video seemed to suggest that snakebite was liking no radar so Idk

I think it's pretty important to know what percentage of pro teams / players don't want radar verses want radar to remain. The most effective thing if a change was to come about would be a document petitioning for no radar (at the very minimum just at high level competition), signed by representatives for all top 8 HCS teams. If you can't have a team come out in support of no radar as a whole then it's not as black and white as people are making out.

There is absolutely no point trying to reason about the competitive integrity of the game radar vs no radar, all you're going to do is get yourself tangled up in the discussion itself. Very clearly the point should be "we the competitive community want this particular setting to be our base point", nothing to do with making it a spingboard for every single other setting or changing the way other people play the game - this issue and this issue alone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Leading up to worlds:

"Well they can't remove radar now because it's too close to Worlds."

Leading up to Summer Finals:

"Well they can't remove radar now because the new season starts soon."

Leading up to new Worlds season:

"Well they can't remove radar now because Worlds is about to start."

10138759.gif

#NoRadar2017

Its like breaking up with someone.  There is always a birthday or holiday or some shit that makes it a "bad time".  Next thing you know you're married with 3 kids that have the ginger hair of the UPS man and you're sitting with the car running in your garage with the door closed.

Just do it. Break up with her and get it over with. Your long term mental health will thank you.

Have a lot of pages to catch up on, but I am surprised that people talk so highly of contra/devon - they are ok, but not championship-winning level. 

If they practiced and took online seriously they would be ridiculous.

i would be interested to hear counterarguments to this video

"You shouldn't have put yourself in a bad position so radar is punishing you." 

Note: These are not my personal beliefs. Not having radar gives you more creative freedom to outplay your opponent period.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think if radar was removed they wouldn't have to nerf autos.

I realize many may not share my opinion but I am fine with how they are right now...or would be if there was no radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh hey tweets from Reiku and Halo monitors on my twitter mentions regarding radar removal :huh:

• Upvote (+1) 2

A month ago I would have said the same but at this point it seems like there is a vast majority in favor of at least testing it.

The argument for Breakout was that it was drastically different from everything else in the competitive rule set featuring no radar (HA), SMG and Pistol starts, increased lethality, etc. 

Radar doesn't have that sort of argument. Well, unless you want to count it not being present in competitive settings since 2000 and never.

I see. I guess my issue is that 343 seems completely unwilling to really test a basic setting change that the community has a similar feeling towards.

Oh hey tweets from Reiku and Halo monitors on my twitter mentions regarding radar removal :huh:

LMAO he blocked me on twitter cause i called him a manbaby

Just smack that block button and be done with him

• Upvote (+1) 1

for the people complaining about the negativity in this thread ... just, no.  the H5 thread is literally a cesspool of negativity, this thread is actually fine about 90% of the time (though last month was rough).  people are expressing their displeasure with radar in a pretty reasonable way, I think, and the hype train is mostly still going strong.

as some pros have pointed out, and as I think Josh Holmes pointed out in a post last year, completely removing radar from Arena is not in fact a no-brainer.  H5 plays very differently from previous Halos and it would require testing.  with that said, I am surprised that they're not testing it.  this is literally the best time (a month until the next 343-sanctioned event)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What do you not like about Eden slayer?

Watch games when the score enters like 30 kills. The map slows down and trying to move around is awful. Like 3/4 of the team will crouch in either base or tower and the power weapons are the only thing you can use to break the camping (which can get snowballed pretty good)
  • Upvote (+1) 1