CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Doesn't Scorpio still run off of Windows like the Xbox One does? So the only difference is hardware - so it's basically like developing a PC game.

I think you're under playing it.

Sorpio is going to be a big push from MS and the Halo is going to be where they showcase a lot oF what they want to do. The Scorpio version is going to try to do some things and the xb1 version will just...be.

Kind of like the ps3/360 version of games like destiny/fifa/COD etc. Sure the older console version exists. Buts it's utter shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think you're under playing it.

Sorpio is going to be a big push from MS and the Halo is going to be where they showcase a lot oF what they want to do. The Scorpio version is going to try to do some things and the xb1 version will just...be.

Kind of like the ps3/360 version of games like destiny/fifa/COD etc. Sure the older console version exists. Buts it's utter shit.

I haven't gotten any of that kind of impression from any Microsoft communication at all. How is the Scorpio different than the PS Pro, in just being a more powerful version of the same box? Similar to the different models of 360's we had over the years? Microsoft hasn't once called the Scorpio a new gen of consoles, unless I'm seriously missing some kind of information.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Scorpio will natively run XB1 games, they won't be emulated. I am pretty certain the only real differences will be performance related like PS4 Pro. Scorpio is essentially a more powerful XB1 that will be VR capable. They also want all of their games to be compatible between the systems (One, One S, Scorpio)

"all consoles in the Xbox One family, including Scorpio and the One S, will be able to play from the same library of games. ... However, more powerful consoles like Scorpio will feature better gaming experiences due to the more powerful components."

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/project-scorpio-release-date-news-and-features-everything-we-know-about-microsoft-s-4k-ready-xbox-1323455

So with that in mind, I don't really think we will see any delays or complications in development. The games will be built for Scorpio then scaled down for Xbox One/S. 

WiiU and Switch are completely different architectures, so they have to be developed for differently. Same thing with the generational jumps (360->One, PS3->PS4). 

• Upvote (+1) 3

On another note, does anyone know Shotzzy's full name?

Mr. Shot. Sh Shotzzy

• Upvote (+1) 5

Friday is open bracket tournament play. I believe FFA runs all weekend.

Is it being streamed?

Edit: Im stupid. I thought today was Friday. 

I've been waiting for this LAN since last year. Also, anyone that posts upcoming matches schedules will get repped! 

LET THE HYPE BEGIN

• Upvote (+1) 7

On another note, does anyone know Shotzzy's full name?

I know his first name is either actually Ant, or shortened to Ant.

Regardless, we can safely conclude that his last name is Eater.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I haven't gotten any of that kind of impression from any Microsoft communication at all. How is the Scorpio different than the PS Pro, in just being a more powerful version of the same box? Similar to the different models of 360's we had over the years? Microsoft hasn't once called the Scorpio a new gen of consoles, unless I'm seriously missing some kind of information.

It's significantly more powerful than the ps pro.

I hope they allow some shit talk during the e6/inconceivable match :kappa:

Omniview is gonna be lit. I hope this mstchup occurs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey Everyone,

FantasyHCS is up and ready for people to sign up for this weekend's Halo eSports festivities.

The ASTRO Spartans League is available for everyone to join as well! Sign up for free and have a chance to win new A40 Headset and MixAmp!

Good luck to everyone and hope we are all in for some good competitive Halo!

http://fantasyhcs.com/astro

Also, shout out to the dank memelords on the forums, I don't come on here as much as id like, but when i do, the memes never disappoint.

Can I not view other peoples teams?

Also, I pray to god if Bubu and Cratos meet up, Bubu wins. If Cratos wins that match up, I dont think the world could hold the weight of his ego. 

• Upvote (+1) 1