CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So if @@Towey was quick enough, could he submit a roster in the coming weeks at the open roster time and poach @@LethuL from Optic? As long as he submits the roster before Royal 1 does, wouldn't LethuL then have to leave EG and then be ineligible to play?

Again, disclaimer, I know Towey would never do this. But hypothetically, ESL would have to enforce it since they "had" to enforce the E6 roster?

No.

Optics manager would have to drop Lethul for this to work.

Drops take precedence over claimed pickups.

I think this is Batchford on his new team? Could be fake  :uncledrew:

Not real.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Allegiance, hypothetically, had submitted a roster of Bubu Dubu, Str8 Sick, Falcated, and Shotzzy, it would have been denied because Bubu Dubu, by rule, was still on Enigma 6, as Enigma 6's manager submitted that Bubu Dubu was still on the roster.

Even if Enigma 6's submission came after Allegiance's.

If Allegiance, hypothetically, had submitted a roster of Bubu Dubu, Str8 Sick, Falcated, and Shotzzy, it would have been denied because Bubu Dubu, by rule, was still on Enigma 6, as Enigma 6's manager submitted that Bubu Dubu was still on the roster.

Edit:

Come to think of it, this would have also voided Enigma 6's roster since Str8 Sick would, officially speaking, not have been dropped from Allegiance, forcing a stalemate until the issue was resolved.

@@Vivi, what would have happened then?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, thats what i thought.  You can't just grab a player that is still bound to another team but you CAN claim that an unbound player is yours or that a previously (technically unreleased) player is with your team even if they very obviously aren't.

No.

Optics manager would have to drop Lethul for this to work.

Drops take precedence over claimed pickups.

Makes sense, but is that how it is worded in the rules? If a manager were to wait until 11:59 PM the minute before roster lock in the upcoming open roster period time to drop someone, and then submit their roster 30 seconds later, would that be within the rules and effectively screw that person completely?

Edit:

Come to think of it, this would have also voided Enigma 6's roster since Str8 Sick would , speaking, not have been dropped from Allegiance, forcing a stalemate until the issue was resolved.

@@Vivi, what would have happened then?

Was Str8 Sick under contract or no?  They have said repeatedly that contracts weren't a part of this but i just can't fathom how that is true.

Good news. We have a LAN this weekend. And we hopefully get to see Bubu destroy Cratos on main stage!

What a sad turn of event it would be if Pnda came out kicking ass and taking names.

E6 almost got relegated with a much more talented roster.

Even if we call Bubu & Naded.

Shooter & Suspector outclass Str8 SicK & Nem.

Nem has been an AM player, and Str8 SicK is literally the line between Pro Player & AM player

"Oh shit, we need a 4th and there's no AM player tearing shit up? Pick up Str8 Sick" 

There have been two relegations, and only one player has been a part of both.

You guessed it, Str8 Sick.

Were prediciting everything based on all teams staying the same, but I just don't see how this team beats ALG or INC in a relegation situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What a sad turn of event it would be if Pnda came out kicking ass and taking names.

Wont happen.  :simms:

It's really understated how much Summit could help this community. 343 needs to get the PC version fixed, asap. I was in his stream when he was watching Worlds and saw so many people saying how fun the game looked. It's free exposure that we desperately need.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man, this clause in the rule books has caught my attention.

'For any roster change, it must be clearly communicated to the League whether the roster change was initiated by the player or the team.'

I can't help but read this and feel like ESL intended for players to be able to initiate changes and leave their teams without concent from managers. It also sounds like that esl expected roster submissions to be in good faith and accurate representations of a team's current situation.

I continue to be baffled that a league official with access to this rule book could come to this conclusion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Were prediciting everything based on all teams staying the same, but I just don't see how this team beats ALG or INC in a relegation situation.

Motion to have Bubu's team use an acronym that isn't INC? I just had a heart attack thinking someone actually predicted us to beat someone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This doesn't make sense to me.

If Heebie Jeebie was  "by rule still on Enigma 6" because the E6 manager submitted such a roster, then wouldn't he have been on the Allegiance roster if ALG had submitted their roster first?

What I'm trying to say is, if the manager's roster is the deciding factor, then why would ALG's roster have been denied if it was submitted first?

If Heebie Jeebie was "by rule still on Enigma 6" because the E6 manager submitted such a roster, then wouldn't he have been on the Allegiance roster if ALG had submitted their roster first?

What I'm trying to say is, if the manager's roster is the deciding factor, then why would ALG's roster have been denied if it was submitted first?

The way it's written, a player isn't off a team until his manager submits a roster that doesn't have him on it.

So if ALG submitted a roster with Bubu, but E6 never submitted one without Bubu, ALG couldn't get Bubu

If Heebie Jeebie was "by rule still on Enigma 6" because the E6 manager submitted such a roster, then wouldn't he have been on the Allegiance roster if ALG had submitted their roster first?

As I said on the first post on the page,

because whether or not the person was dropped from their current team takes precedence over who is claiming to have picked them up.

Whoever is making the schedule for main stage better put Cratos on there a good amount to face other pro teams. I wanted to see all the teabagging. I want listen-ins, I want it all!

• Upvote (+1) 6

As I said on the first post on the page,

because whether or not the person was dropped from their current team takes precedence over who is claiming to have picked them up.

In other words, a manager could drop a player at the last minute LITERALLY in order to prevent him from getting on a team, while simultaneously submitting their new roster.