CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, don't do that. 

Why not?

I get that people hated having to buy IW just to get remastered but people still bought it.

343i and MS are still a business so its a great way to increase sales and it allows the HCS to continue with H6, and people would finally get H3A.

Realistically speaking its probably the only way it would happen bcs as others have stated going from H5 to H3A and then to H6 just wouldnt work.

Unless they plan to make H6 play like old school Halo which I think we all know the chances of that are slim.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This is the best and worst account on here, slightly edging out PlasmaCastrPapi, while still slightly behind DonaldTrump.

Isn't there a rule about not having duplicate accounts here???  I know you know who that is.

They must have found a loophole....

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spent the last two days getting caught up on the last 5 days worth of posts. Took forever. Well worth it though.

How I understand the situation: ANY manager could have submitted ANY roster with at least 2 of the players from a team on it. This means that @@Towey literally could have submitted @@Roy, @@Lunchbox, @@LethuL, @@Snip3down and ESL would have had to approve it. Contracts mean nothing, managers control teams. Then when Royal 1 and @@Elumnite go to submit their rosters, they are told they cannot submit them because some of their players are already playing for EG. Just about every team is screwed then and multiple players are receiving penalties for the "player leaving" team clause or whatever it was called. Obviously @@Towey would never do this because he's not a douchebag, but you get the idea of what could be done. 

I'm not sure what is so difficult about enacting the "integrity" clause and saying this wasn't what was meant by this rule and fixing the problem. Literally an extremely easy fix after the wording from the contract was posted in this thread.

They don't care enough, that's the problem. This could have easily been resolved. 

Isn't there a rule about not having duplicate accounts here???  I know you know who that is.

They must have found a loophole....

:kappa:

E6 paying off Team Beyond confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So if @@Towey was quick enough, could he submit a roster in the coming weeks at the open roster time and poach @@LethuL from Optic? As long as he submits the roster before Royal 1 does, wouldn't LethuL then have to leave EG and then be ineligible to play?

Again, disclaimer, I know Towey would never do this. But hypothetically, ESL would have to enforce it since they "had" to enforce the E6 roster?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In all fairness, Halo started to decline in the latter half of H3 in terms of viewership. It's a much different market now than it was then.

CoD was getting big and streaming wasn't as big a thing back then. CoD is on the decline and Halo could be getting some huge stream exposure with people like Summit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What are the forums and @@Shooter complaining about in regards to the pro seed?  Gross negligence by ESL and 343 staff allowed it to take place, but @@Cratos was SMART and used a LEGAL loophole in the roster system.

I know this is a few pages back but holy shit its almost scary how perfect your posts are.

Why not?

I get that people hated having to buy IW just to get remastered but people still bought it.

343i and MS are still a business so its a great way to increase sales and it allows the HCS to continue with H6, and people would finally get H3A.

Realistically speaking its probably the only way it would happen bcs as others have stated going from H5 to H3A and then to H6 just wouldnt work.

Unless they plan to make H6 play like old school Halo which I think we all know the chances of that are slim.

That's the root of the problem isn't it.

Guess what, if IW had just been a good game that people wanted to play and enjoyed, they wouldn't have had to put MWR behind a pay wall just to increase its sales.

"They're a business that sells video games" instead of a group of artists who are passionate about the quality of their product.  

As a consumer please don't accept this "Buy our crappy new game at an even higher price than normal so that you can play the remastered version of a game that you actually want"  

H3a would be nothing like h3c especially since you know they'd change the br spread. Let's just save the complaining now, and understand it's not happening. That's why they made mcc

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3a would be nothing like h3c especially since you know they'd change the br spread. Let's just save the complaining now, and understand it's not happening. That's why they made mcc

Skipping out on making an anniversary edition of their most popular game by a long ways would be nothing short of idiotic on their part. MCC was only made to try and keep people interested in halo until halo 5 came out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So if @@Towey was quick enough, could he submit a roster in the coming weeks at the open roster time and poach @@LethuL from Optic? As long as he submits the roster before Royal 1 does, wouldn't LethuL then have to leave EG and then be ineligible to play?

Again, disclaimer, I know Towey would never do this. But hypothetically, ESL would have to enforce it since they "had" to enforce the E6 roster?

@@Vivi said it would be okay to even put Trump as a player lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On topic: Love to see how strong LBX is looking in each scrim. His consistency in-game has never been an issue in my mind. Glad to see him putting in his all.

Off topic: Old school MLG Halo 2 Semipro coLeK doing dirty things. @@Ace said it's the best Halo 5 montage he's seen so far!

<3 thanks Knighty for sharing it with everyone!

• Upvote (+1) 7

@@Vivi said it would be okay to even put Trump as a player lol. 

Why put Trump when you can ruin one of the top 2 teams? (like he ruined their team back when H5 came out  :mj: )

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol, are we just automatically assuming they'd make the BR spread worse now?

I mean, I'm not blaming or judging. I always assumed they'd do the same.

I miss the interactive brackets that went around on the MLG forums before each event, where you would click which teams you felt would advance out of each match and then it showed you the placings based on your predictions.

I would be super appreciative if someone took the time to make those again. It was fun for everyone to compare brackets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think this would work because Optic is already a team... But.. wait a minute, do teams that are not making any changes need to re-submit their roster at every transfer period? Are they considered "open" until that happens?  Or is it if they dont submit anything then their roster is considered to be the same? 

I still don't think this would work because Lethul is already represented by another manager and has never been represented by showtime like Bubu was, and is under contract with Optic.  Unless neither of those variables matter.  We know that according to Vivi contracts were never discussed during the bubu situation.  Sooo.. that doesn't matter?  Which it might not... which is doubly fucked up.

Is it that any manager can pick any player regardless of their current/former representation or they can only put down the names without consent of players that they previously managed or never had any management to begin with?  I guess that couldnt be the case since then you wouldn't be able to submit correct rosters with the names or pros that had previous managers unless ESL was made aware that they were released prior-to.

Holy crap my head is down the rabbit hole.

This is f'd up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would like to enter my HCS team as Frosty, Huke, Royal 2, and Lethul.

Thanks, see you at StL everyone.

- Manager

Hold up, I couldn't let this pass. Dropping Snakebite?  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think this is Batchford on his new team? Could be fake  :uncledrew:

EDIT: Removing because its fake.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because it reeks of desperation, will split the playerbase, will likely do the same shitty bundle Activision did costing 80 bucks.

And of course, they'd bring in shitty old Certain Affinity who care more about the lore of a map than its gameplay and stability.

I'd rather they just fix MCC.

Fwiw I like shrine and warlord over their predecessors