CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The only reason managers can submit rosters without concent, is because ESL deemed this is the case, with this ruling.

There was nothing stopping ESL from saying something like:

"Based on conversations with all parties and evidence presented to us, it's clear that Bubu Dubu had no intention, or contractual obligation to team with Cratos prior to roster lock so we are declining Showtimes roster submission.

Furthermore, we realize that the wording in the official rulebook can be interpreted to imply that managers can claim players without consent from the player or the organization representing the player. This is not the case and was never the intention. Wording will be adjusted in future to make this more clear.

Given the confusion surrounding the "Teams" section of the rulebook and our interest in maintaining the integrity of HCS and HWC, we have decided not to award a Pro League seed to either party. Instead we'll .... yadada"

ESL has all the power at the end of the day. And they just made a stupid ruling.

Right.  You would think that as soon as ESL heard that plan they would go "wow, that is shitty of them.  Do we have any recourse to prevent this from happening?"  But apparently that never happened, because they do, but they didn't.

okay the show us

"i can't. it's not my business"

then why did you bring it up?

Fil1iOZ.png

Yeahhh... no.  An org that knows they are about to leave the scene pays off ESL to let Cratos keep a seed?  That like some watergate-level shit right there.

There has to be something they are not telling us, because with all the information we have and the "integrity of the game" clause in the rules that ALLOWS THEM TO BASICALLY CHANGE THE RULES WHENEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT that ruling doesn't make any sense and there is no reason why they couldn't change it even now.

Anyway....  Is tonight going to be the last day of scrims for a lot of these teams or tomorrow? Can't wait for this lan

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just trying to figure out what H3A would even look like since H3 already looks better in some ways than H5.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Do we even know WHERE the St.Louis event is yet?

NavG123 not now man I am trying to get some info we can post memes later

• Upvote (+1) 9

Has Liquid beat NV or have their scrims been close or anything? They looked really good last night vs Optic.

I filtered by "envyus" on the scrims tab on halodatahive.com

@Bad Dub don't you run this? Thank you, if so.

The recent results I saw were as follows:

1/16/2017-   nV 10:3 Liquid

1/09/2017-   nv:  9:4 Liquid

I think there was an nV 8:5 Liquid scrim before that as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would you rather have it be decided online? 

No, but unless 343/ESL is going to fund teams from all over the world to attend World's just to compete in the open bracket, all this does is ensure one extra NA team qualifies because nobody else can afford to. I don't agree with only 7 NA pro teams in World's, but removing a spot from EU and making the final spot only available through a LAN in the US is a stupid as shit idea. No Halo team is going to pay thousands for flights to get their team across the world for a qualifier.

"Post memes later"

I'm disgusted by what this thread has become

eca.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Our products won't be there....or anywhere really.

-Str8 Rippin Gear

giphy.gif

we're gonna give @@Tsquared a heart attack

this is my new favorite account

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you think there will be classic Halo title that will bring back the glory days and take over esports and all ppls hearts, you are delusional. H3a literally does not make any sense right now.

I don't think anybody here expects H3A to be the new Halo esports title if it releases that's unrealistic most of us just want a classic Halo game that we can play and the people who enjoy 343's vision for Halo can play halo 5/6/7.

I'd love to get a H2A-esque campaign remaster for H3. I'm not a big fan of H3's gameplay but I think I would take it over H5 at this point. You'd think Projectile BR would work better online in 2017, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Our products won't be there....or anywhere really.

-Str8 Rippin Gear

This is the best and worst account on here, slightly edging out PlasmaCastrPapi, while still slightly behind DonaldTrump.

• Upvote (+1) 8

1/16/2017- nV 10:3 Liquid

1/09/2017- nv: 9:4 Liquid

For future reference, you can type "liq env" and it will show you just Liquid/Envy matchups. I used this a lot during last season of Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 1

do h3 assault rifles even have silencers? thats not a world i want to live in

Even more importantly:

How do they expect us do play without sprint? It'll destroy my immersion  :wutface:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

If 343 would be smart and just remove spartan abilities and bring back the gameplay that had huge success for ten years it would bring in more fans. There are definitely more potential old school Halo fans to be brought back than there are new fans to be brought in as seen by Halo 5. As for PC players I absolutely hate Halo 5's gameplay on PC. too many actions you need hotkeyed and it plays way less smooth than on a controller. Removing all the unneeded movement options would make the game play better on PC.

Trying to change core gameplay is almost always a bad idea and 343 needs to understand that. Halo 1-3 all played very different from each other but stuck to the fundamentals. Trying to change that has hurt the game.

In all fairness, Halo started to decline in the latter half of H3 in terms of viewership. It's a much different market now than it was then.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone have a list of the pro teams attending St. Louis?

I don't know of any that aren't going yet. TL and nV are the only ones I cant think of that havent indicated they would but I don't think either have willingly missed a LAN.

NV beat them 10-3 on Monday I believe, not sure about before

1/16/2017-   nV 10:3 Liquid

1/09/2017-   nv:  9:4 Liquid

Thanks guys!