CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so the last input of mine on all this:

1) being unhappy about a change we've been wanting since day 1 not happening is not toxic. we are allowed to disagree and be upset about what we don't like. if changes are never asked for, they will never happen.

2) liking the weapon and other settings changes doesn't mean we have to overlook radar. i love what ghost has been able to do, but damn if i dont hate the crouch/uncrouch power walk (or tea bag walk as i like to call it) we've seen pros use. radar forces a slow down in a really heavy-handed way. @@TheSimms i think you may be right about why there isnt a radar change at this point. hopefully it can be tested enough to where we see it for summer league

3) autos are over powered. it feels like the first person to get a shot off wins battles. in a 1v1 standing completely still at mid range, ARs have the ability to kill faster than the pistol. a lot of the skill is washed in the race for the best auto. ghost has done a lot to mitigate this with the settings changes and i am happy about that, but if autos have to stay i do with that we could get rid of smgs and nerf ARs to only make them effective at close range. making the storm rifle a t2 weapon was a great change.

4) i'm still excited for 2017. the format changes are amazing. we have meaningful lans! we are getting settings worked on. we are making progress. its much slower than what we wanted, but its happening. this is going to be a great year for competitive halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as I appreciate the downvote, I was not arguing against this I was just stating that I think they won't bring it into testing with it only been weeks away.

dont worry i got you

66928-James-Gandolfini-upvote-gif-VSta.g

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm surprised people are surprised about this radar 'revelation'. There was never any indication that radar would be apart of any near term settings changes.

The man in charge believes free information is a good thing. That's why we have radar, grenade hit markers, and power weapon waypoints.

And realistically, most halo players probably appreciate and enjoy this free information- which underscores the importance killing the universal settings idea. That's the true enemy. These settings aren't just for HCS, they are for everyone who uses the playlist- most of whom couldnt care less about HCS.

Without having to be concerned with how core halo player will respond to changes made for HCS, 343 could be SO MUCH more responsive to the needs and wants of both communities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Universal settings is bullshit if swat has no radar HCS can have it off too.

The best thing ever said by you my friend, that was beautiful  :tear:  

Why?

Rig TS is the one that's imbalanced af lately :)

Oh for sure, I probably just have a personal Vendetta against Eden. I wouldn't mind both getting major reworks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just dont get it. We have been playing competitive halo for years and years. Out of all places team beyond knows competitive integrity. Listen to the halo vets, who dedicated their lives to this game. They know what needs to be done.

Can everyone please stop this toxicity real quick these forums are depressing me thank you

ok see this toxicity is why.

I will now talk about how you've insulted me and made me disappointed in the state of these forums.

In this next paragraph, I will continue with the same sentiment. Finally, I mention that this is the reason I don't come to these forums as often.

I have used the word toxic in one of the two paragraphs.

giphy.gif

The gravity hammer hate never makes sense to me. How are people ok with a sword that gives you a speed boost for no reason, with ridiculous lunges but can hate a weapon where you have to be close to your enemy for it to kill them?

The saw isnt there on strongholds. Neither are the lifts, which is why I wonder if ghost will add jump ups from bottom to the streets

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have a lot of pages to catch up on, but I am surprised that people talk so highly of contra/devon - they are ok, but not championship-winning level. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Leading up to worlds:

"Well they can't remove radar now because it's too close to Worlds."

Leading up to Summer Finals:

"Well they can't remove radar now because the new season starts soon."

Leading up to new Worlds season:

"Well they can't remove radar now because Worlds is about to start."

10138759.gif

#NoRadar2017

#Soon2017

• Upvote (+1) 3

hopefully it can be tested enough to where we see it for summer league

We've heard that one before and it just never happens :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have a lot of pages to catch up on, but I am surprised that people talk so highly of contra/devon - they are ok, but not championship-winning level. 

Dunno, personally a big fan of these two. They do need a solid team to work with tho, that Denial roster at worlds pretty sick!

https://youtu.be/gayaNzBA97g?t=630

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think with the new test settings I disagree with the final part in bold, I still find Halo 5 both an absolute pleasure and a treat to both watch and cast at the highest level and will do even more so with these new settings, however - no radar (needs spartan charge turning off imo to avoid free kills), weapon tweaks, removal of splinters, and the possibility to test turning off nade hit marker and this game has every possibility imo to have the best competitive settings we have ever had. Halo 5 at its core is an amazing game.

I guess i'll just have to agree to disagree. Especially with the part about it having potential to be the best competitive settings ever.

But I still love you  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dunno, personally a big fan of these two. They do need a solid team to work with tho, that Denial roster at worlds pretty sick!

https://youtu.be/gayaNzBA97g?t=630

They are good players, but I don't see the passion or thirst. 

Big fan of yours, though  :simms:

• Downvote (-1) 1