CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has there ever been a controversy like this before in the world of Halo? I feel like this has burned a lot of people, pretty bad in an already "fragile" state of the game. 

I am not gonna lie. I haven't watched much Halo in the past 4-5 months. But after hearing about the Cratos event, I am more hyped than ever for the LAN this weekend. This is the type of drama / bullshit that makes the event intriguing to me. I mostly just want to see Cratos get stomped on and I will enjoy it thoroughly. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Another update on UGC. 39 AM teams have registered. I know a few teams such as Red velvet and Randas team and Primal that have not registered but are going. So total number of teams has reached 46 with pro teams

Who would have thought that a centrally (Midwest) located Halo event would have a better turn out than west coast events. 

You'd have to be crazy to travel from anywhere outside of NA for an Open LAN just to attempt to qualify for Worlds. Especially with the way LANs have been run in the HCS so far. The only way this makes sense for any international teams is if they somehow found an org crazy enough to fund them, or if somehow the only quality team outside of NA (fabe) managed not to qualify before that.

Would you rather have it be decided online? 

How?

Lets remake this game from 2007 to suddenly try and get people interested in Halo 6 which is going to be nothing like it?

Now you are being delusional,

The MCC fiasco did irreversable damage to the image of 343 in classic halo players minds. (inparticular those focused on the multiplayer side)

This on top of halo 4 has sealed 343's faith (and ultimately halo's)

They will never recapture their faith, They are lost. Gone,

Halo 5 sales numbers are an indication of this.

nostalgia sells. and yeah they fucked up bad with mcc and b/c of that, i am legitimately surprised that h5 sold anywhere near as well as it did. reskinning h3 would be easy money. by not fucking it up, they show they are able to not fuck up. they're 0/3 right now. the need some form of a success before hoping to get people buy h6. personally, im not getting h6 until i see its functional, but if h3a comes out and works, then maybe i get h6 on day 1

i know h6 would be nothing like h3, but again its a simpler task of reskin and release for a quick buck and proof they can undergo a project without any major issues with the game or servers

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh man it would be awesome if they took away an EU spot ( i think 3 is to many) and make the last Qualification spot be decided at worlds with a winner take all Open Lan with the winner taking the last spot. Anyone from any region would be eligible.

Nah, but they should expand to 16 teams though

• Upvote (+1) 1

How?

Lets remake this game from 2007 to suddenly try and get people interested in Halo 6 which is going to be nothing like it?

Three years ago, 343 tried to remake a game from 2004 to suddenly try and get people interested in Halo 5 which would be nothing like it.

They're resetting themselves, only this time they have the foreknowledge of not giving out different jobs to outside sources which had ended up in a mish-mosh of broken code. We can only hope they use this hindsight correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If H3A were to be made it could be bundled with H6 and used to move copies similar to how Activision did with IW and MW:R.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If 343 would be smart and just remove spartan abilities and bring back the gameplay that had huge success for ten years it would bring in more fans. There are definitely more potential old school Halo fans to be brought back than there are new fans to be brought in as seen by Halo 5. As for PC players I absolutely hate Halo 5's gameplay on PC. too many actions you need hotkeyed and it plays way less smooth than on a controller. Removing all the unneeded movement options would make the game play better on PC.

Trying to change core gameplay is almost always a bad idea and 343 needs to understand that. Halo 1-3 all played very different from each other but stuck to the fundamentals. Trying to change that has hurt the game.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't imagine a Halo game not releasing this year. Exactly how do they expect H5 to survive another 2 years?

• Upvote (+1) 3

What did the Liquid Optic scrim end up being? I left it at 6-6. Liquid looking prettay prettay strong.

Game 13 was Fathom Flag, Optic were up 2-0. Then Penguin remembered what a Light Rifle was and Liquid won the game 3-2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't imagine a Halo game not releasing this year. Exactly how do they expect H5 to survive another 2 years?

Releasing the HCS weapon skins at a painfully slow rate  seems to be  there plan, 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like Halo 5 is surviving just fine, especially with actual new features like the Customs browser.

It's jut a matter of selling more XBones

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pull a Halo CEA and put Halo 3 maps as DLC in Halo 5 and release the campaign with new graphics and whatnot.

This is my nightmare scenario for H3A.

If H3A were to be made it could be bundled with H6 and used to move copies similar to how Activision did with IW and MW:R.

Yeah, don't do that. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My thoughts exactly. Thinking about playing Halo 5 another two years makes me sad.

No bullshit-my controller's left stick's ability to be pressed down is giving out because of how much crouching/tapcrouchwalking Halo 5 makes me do. I can't take this game for another 2 years. The only people in our scene who can are the ones who can make money off it.

My thoughts exactly. Thinking about playing Halo 5 another two years makes me sad.

No bullshit-my controller's left stick's ability to be pressed down is giving out because of how much crouching/tapcrouchwalking Halo 5 makes me do. I can't take this game for another 2 years. The only people in our scene who can are the ones who can make money off it.

Forget that, the gameplay aspect is manageable, but i can't imagine playing on these god awful maps for another 2 years. 

Give me decent maps and then maybe you have a chance or retaining your already small audience, but they can't continue with just releasing polished forge maps.

I unistalled h5 bc i dont have fun playing it. Unless they magically pull out an incredibly good game from h5's ashes, i dont want to go 2 years not playing halo

• Upvote (+1) 2

I could easily play H5 for another year. The thing is, the servers and UI keep getting worse. They need to do major updates to keep the game from getting unplayable.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Has Liquid beat NV or have their scrims been close or anything? They looked really good last night vs Optic.

I feel like Halo 5 is surviving just fine, especially with actual new features like the Customs browser.

It's jut a matter of selling more XBones

The xbox is selling just fine and most console trackers have it outperforming the ps4 for the last few months. That isnt halo's issue. The problem is 343's watered down interpretation of halo
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Has Liquid beat NV or have their scrims been close or anything? They looked really good last night vs Optic.

NV beat them 10-3 on Monday I believe, not sure about before

• Upvote (+1) 1