CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did anyone on Optic or Liquid stream scrims?

I'm really happy Liquid is doing well. I'm a fan of the org and every player on that team. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would like to enter my HCS team as Frosty, Huke, Royal 2, and Lethul.

Thanks, see you at StL everyone.

- Manager

• Upvote (+1) 9

I have been completely out of the loop for at least a month and am finding it crazy hard to catch up on things.  I have a good idea how some teams are shaping up but does can anyone tell me what the teams are outside of TL, OG, NV and EG?  Also are all of the teams going to St Louis?  

Its been far too long since i have watched competitive halo.  The excitement is almost too much!

Also could someone link me to a place i can understand what the whole cratos situation is about?

Its good to be back!

The only reason managers can submit rosters without concent, is because ESL deemed this is the case, with this ruling.

There was nothing stopping ESL from saying something like:

"Based on conversations with all parties and evidence presented to us, it's clear that Bubu Dubu had no intention, or contractual obligation to team with Cratos prior to roster lock so we are declining Showtimes roster submission.

Furthermore, we realize that the wording in the official rulebook can be interpreted to imply that managers can claim players without consent from the player or the organization representing the player. This is not the case and was never the intention. Wording will be adjusted in future to make this more clear.

Given the confusion surrounding the "Teams" section of the rulebook and our interest in maintaining the integrity of HCS and HWC, we have decided not to award a Pro League seed to either party. Instead we'll .... yadada"

ESL has all the power at the end of the day. And they just made a stupid ruling.

ESL DGAF - that's all there is. 

Until we find a loophole that the team and the team manager can each have their own team change :flip:

Technically it's still there.

Managers can make 1 ethical change. But then, the rulebook hasnt changed yet; so the same thing can happen again.

- Submit a roster with only the '1 change' (but let's say 2 players left).

- Claim the other non-ethical team change player refuses to play with your team and is requesting a team leave.

- Team is allowed to replace that player in addition to the normal team change.

System is broken af.

*Edit* And technically again, this can be done for all the players. The manager can keep the pro seed (and the St. Louis points) while losing all 4 of the players heading into Vegas. It is a JOKE of a rulebook.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only reason managers can submit rosters without concent, is because ESL deemed this is the case, with this ruling.

There was nothing stopping ESL from saying something like:

"Based on conversations with all parties and evidence presented to us, it's clear that Bubu Dubu had no intention, or contractual obligation to team with Cratos prior to roster lock so we are declining Showtimes roster submission.

Furthermore, we realize that the wording in the official rulebook can be interpreted to imply that managers can claim players without consent from the player or the organization representing the player. This is not the case and was never the intention. Wording will be adjusted in future to make this more clear.

Given the confusion surrounding the "Teams" section of the rulebook and our interest in maintaining the integrity of HCS and HWC, we have decided not to award a Pro League seed to either party. Instead we'll .... yadada"

ESL has all the power at the end of the day. And they just made a stupid ruling.

100% agree!

The only way it makes sense for the manager to submit a roster without all players' consent would be if a player specifically signed his playing rights to an organization and a representative separate from the manager signed off on the roster in place of the player.

Otherwise in my opinion no roster should be valid until all parties(Manger, Org, and all players) have signed the roster. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If H3A is real, it wouldn't be a lead title. No remake is ever a lead title.

H2A was a/THE lead title for Microsoft. Even if you don't count that as a remake, it's absolutely a remake.

Did anyone on Optic or Liquid stream scrims?

I'm really happy Liquid is doing well. I'm a fan of the org and every player on that team. 

To answer my own question Frosty did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you think there will be classic Halo title that will bring back the glory days and take over esports and all ppls hearts, you are delusional. H3a literally does not make any sense right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you think there will be classic Halo title that will bring back the glory days and take over esports and all ppls hearts, you are delusional. H3a literally does not make any sense right now.

You're not wrong, but the current form of Halo definitely ain't doing shit.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I won't disagree with the first statement.. but H3A makes a lot of sense for Microsoft. 

If they created a high quality remaster to launch hand in hand with the Scorpio it would go a long way in igniting interest as well as helping brush off recent cancellations and an overall lackluster exclusive lineup next Fall. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

as a pure remake, it would make sense from a sales standpoint and to renew people's faith in 343i

Oh man it would be awesome if they took away an EU spot ( i think 3 is to many) and make the last Qualification spot be decided at worlds with a winner take all Open Lan with the winner taking the last spot. Anyone from any region would be eligible. 

Has there ever been a controversy like this before in the world of Halo? I feel like this has burned a lot of people, pretty bad in an already "fragile" state of the game. 

as a pure remake, it would make sense from a sales standpoint and to renew people's faith in 343i

How?

Lets remake this game from 2007 to suddenly try and get people interested in Halo 6 which is going to be nothing like it?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Now you are being delusional,

The MCC fiasco did irreversable damage to the image of 343 in classic halo players minds. (inparticular those focused on the multiplayer side)

This on top of halo 4 has sealed 343's faith (and ultimately halo's)

They will never recapture their faith, They are lost. Gone,

Halo 5 sales numbers are an indication of this.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

After watching a few of his videos...Cratos strikes me as the kind of guy to go to the movies and tell the ticket office and concessions clerk he's a pro Halo player. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do we really want a H3A without an MLG playlist ?. I can already see 343 forcing on us to play default Halo3

Worse yet, I can imagine some people here defending it.

"We need universal settings"

"ARs take skill too"

"The limited weapons in MLG are too boring"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry, ain't gonna quote, I am on phone.

While 343 did a lot of missteps (both the game and esports side of thing), they delivered solid game and they definitely should build on that. Rolling back to classic would be step back.

Also its too soon to have h3a after having hd remaster with classic multiplayer ( kind of working now).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh man it would be awesome if they took away an EU spot ( i think 3 is to many) and make the last Qualification spot be decided at worlds with a winner take all Open Lan with the winner taking the last spot. Anyone from any region would be eligible.

You'd have to be crazy to travel from anywhere outside of NA for an Open LAN just to attempt to qualify for Worlds. Especially with the way LANs have been run in the HCS so far. The only way this makes sense for any international teams is if they somehow found an org crazy enough to fund them, or if somehow the only quality team outside of NA (fabe) managed not to qualify before that.

Towey with some dank content: 

Was just about to post this. Incredible video. I love Towey's content so much. Puts in a lot of effort.

• Upvote (+1) 1