CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just getting caught up on he Cratos scandal.

This simply highlights to me how infantile eSports still are today. It seems to me that the rules as stated were followed by ESL and that the ruling is "fair" from that perspective.

One of the problems with eSports is that the teams are so small that in order to improve, new combinations form frequently. Its not fair to organizations for them to be top 3 one event and then their whole team dissolves. The manager rule does help give the orgs  a modicum of power, but the roster turned in should be signed by each player prior to formal submital. Anything short of that should be considered invalid.

This has to be an oversight by ESL not an intended functional rule. ESL may have thought that integrity would prevent this type of thing or just completely missed that this could even happen. I don't think that a manager should ever have the authority to sign players up for a team without their consent.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo is one of the few games that is known just as much for its multiplayer as it is for its singleplayer/story. Too bad H4 and H5 completely butchered everything that made the original trilogy story great and have ruined the multiplayer gameplay with autos and spartan abilities.

how could you forget about Reach? there was a whole marketing campaign dedicated to making us remember 

Looks like the entire Optic team will be moving into the scuf house soon curious to see how this impacts there scrim results with Royal 2 playing on decent internet for once and maybe we will finally get a 14-0 stream again. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

So are all the teams now locked until Worlds Qualifiers/HWC? Or are there going to be transfer windows?

So are all the teams now locked until Worlds Qualifiers/HWC? Or are there going to be transfer windows?

There's a transfer window after St. Louis and before Las Vegas.  1 Change only.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vivi posted that there's another transfer period after this event so teams should get at least one switch before qualifiers.

I can totally see Naded jumping ship after this event he was carrying his team in last nights scrim.

Damn ninja'd by Audley. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if any of the top 3 teams will make last minute changes?

Just getting caught up on he Cratos scandal.

This simply highlights to me how infantile eSports still are today. It seems to me that the rules as stated were followed by ESL and that the ruling is "fair" from that perspective.

One of the problems with eSports is that the teams are so small that in order to improve, new combinations form frequently. Its not fair to organizations for them to be top 3 one event and then their whole team dissolves. The manager rule does help give the orgs a modicum of power, but the roster turned in should be signed by each player prior to formal submital. Anything short of that should be considered invalid.

This has to be an oversight by ESL not an intended functional rule. ESL may have thought that integrity would prevent this type of thing or just completely missed that this could even happen. I don't think that a manager should ever have the authority to sign players up for a team without their consent.

The only reason to have a manager is to have a single point of contact between the team and the league.

The manager isn't really needed to give the Org power over the seed. All the Org has to do is make sure two players have a contract that extends beyond the roster lock.

I don't buy the 'oversight' excuse, as always, rules are open to interpretation, and THIS particular interpretation is different from what EVERYONE ELSE came away with. They've interpreted their own rules incorrectly.

Not only that, but the rules give ESL the power to change the rules AT ANY TIME, in the interest of maintaining the integrity of the league. They wrote that clause FOR THE PURPOSE of responding to unforeseen issues with the rules as written. So there was no need for ESL to assume that integrity from managers/teams would prevent this - ESLs own integrity could have prevented this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Until we find a loophole that the team and the team manager can each have their own team change :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 5

The only reason to have a manager is to have a single point of contact between the team and the league.

The manager isn't really needed to give the Org power over the seed. All the Org has to do is make sure two players have a contract that extends beyond the roster lock.

I don't buy the 'oversight' excuse, as always, rules are open to interpretation, and THIS particular interpretation is different from what EVERYONE ELSE came away with. They've interpreted their own rules incorrectly.

Not only that, but the rules give ESL the power to change the rules AT ANY TIME, in the interest of maintaining the integrity of the league. They wrote that clause FOR THE PURPOSE of responding to unforeseen issues with the rules as written. So there was no need for ESL to assume that integrity from managers/teams would prevent this - ESLs own integrity could have prevented this.

To me the bottom line is that managers currently can submit rosters WITHOUT consent from the players, which should not be the case at all, and I don't even know how it could be enforced legally.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Phil Spencer just said on Twitter that games in 2017 will not be lead by Gears or Halo so that means no H6 or H3A... Honestly, if they don't do H3A and have it as a launch title for Scorpio I don't even know at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

To me the bottom line is that managers currently can submit rosters WITHOUT consent from the players, which should be totally unenforceable.

You would that's common sense, right? 

Phil Spencer just said on Twitter that games in 2017 will not be lead by Gears or Halo so that means no H6 or H3A... Honestly, if they don't do H3A and have it as a launch title for Scorpio I don't even know at this point.

If H3A is real, it wouldn't be a lead title. No remake is ever a lead title.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dear "player"

You are currently listed as a member or "roster." Please confirm that this is correct.

ESL

that took me all of 10 seconds to write. with 8 pro teams and up to 5 people on each team if they want to confirm coaches, that would be a max of 40 replies to read. that shouldnt take more than a day to go through and confirm everything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do we really want a H3A without an MLG playlist ?. I can already see 343 forcing on us to play default Halo3

do h3 assault rifles even have silencers? thats not a world i want to live in

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah, the org that released its roster is paying ESL to help its former roster out. Great thinking, detective.

I have proof

• Downvote (-1) 3

Do we really want a H3A without an MLG playlist ?. I can already see 343 forcing on us to play default Halo3

They'll put it in 9 months later after collecting lots and lots of data/when it's dead. 

• Upvote (+1) 3