CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You've probably heard this before but it's called Worlds. I know NA is the best and I want to see more NA teams, but it's about the halo talent all over the globe. Also (the only thing I can compare it to), if the same logic was applied to League of Legends their should be more South Korean teams, but that's not the case. If anything, were lucky to have NA being the majority of the places for worlds.

Yeah No, it's different the 7th place Korean team would get smashed by the best EU, NA or Chinese Team.

In Halo the rest of the world can't even compete with the worst ProLeague team.

@ ESL you need to read up on your own rules!!!

First of all your rule book states:

"1. Definitions:

The Manager: The person who is responsible for the COMMUNICATION between the Team and HCS Pro League Administration. This person is also responsible for any and all roster changes, during the Regular Season or between seasons. Section 2.2 has more information regarding Team Managers.

2.2: This Manager is responsible for SUBMITTING any and all roster changes to the HCS Pro League."

-it doesnt state the manager gets to decide. He's responsible that ESL gets the info of any TEAM decisions but your rule book does NOT say, that he can decide by himself!

Furthermore your rule book states:

"2.4 Roster Changes:

Any team or roster announcements made prior to ESL approval for the new roster are not considered official or final until final the roster is confirmed by ESL. For any roster change, it must be clearly communicated to the League whether the roster change was initiated by the player or the team."

- Well.... since you stated that this whole team matter was discussed, you clearly must have known there was a disagreement between the manager and one of the players(bubu) that the manager falsely wanted to submit on his roster. At NO point does your rule book state that the manager can make any decision (just responsible for team changes a.k.a. tell ESL whats going on with the team) but at a 2/2 split. The 2/2 split is the ONLY part in your rule book, where the manager gets to decide something (who is going to keep the spot in pro league).

It wasnt a 2/2 split and therefor the falsely submitted roster by the manager should have NEVER ever gotten any approval from ESL side, since you knew how all parties felt (because you talked to them

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@Vivi @Timo what do you guys think about this? It's pretty obvious to literally everyone that you have the power to fix this.

They had the power, they already gave Cratos the seed
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah No, it's different the 7th place Korean team would get smashed by the best EU, NA or Chinese Team.

In Halo the rest of the world can't even compete with the worst ProLeague team.

Ok. Sorry. I really don't watch other esports other that halo

Based on the H2-3 era designs. Top comment is a quote from H2. I'm not sure what anyone is underestimating. Halo was huge in its prime.

The thing is, most casual players are going to remember the rich story and lore that comes with Halo. That's what made it popular during that time because no other game offered that. When the competitive scene blew up in Halo 2-3, That made it huge and every kid (including myself) wanted to be the best player in the world. Plus the custom games and forge in h3 was top notch too. I hope to see Halo back in that state again with 343i. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We had 6,800 or so competitors in 2016, a handful (less than 5) were waiting on delayed physical product prizing. 

The bulk of the delays were caused by ASTRO products being out of stock, due to sales and the Holiday season. Beyond never has the physical products, they are shipped direct from the ASTRO warehouse. 

We contacted all impacted players last week to rectify any delays :)

Perfect response. Thanks! Just wanted to understand what it was, and I definitely was under the impression it was much more widespread. 

They had the power, they already gave Cratos the seed

I think they still *have* the power.

"ESL reserves the right to make rulings outside of this rule set in order to preserve the tournament’s INTEGRITY."

To me, it sounds they have an integrity clause that allows them to make whatever kind of decision they want. They are not locked into it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think they still *have* the power.

"ESL reserves the right to make rulings outside of this rule set in order to preserve the tournament’s INTEGRITY."

To me, it sounds they have an integrity clause that allows them to make whatever kind of decision they want. They are not locked into it.

You may be on to something
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding the bold:

We ran 50+ free to enter Halo tournaments and broadcast in 2016, as someone that was apart of all of them with @@Saucey @@Clicked and @@Infinity. It sucks to see that could be an impression to some within the community, we pride ourselves on helping the community here and growing the Halo community (especially the Halo eSports side). I know we don't tweet out motivation stuff about haters, but it's kinda funny how some go out of their ways to cause drama regarding us instead of focusing on their own stuff. Anyways, we are excited for 2017 and the future here :)

I'll forgive it if you hook me up with one of those snazzy scout backpacks tbh.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Regarding the bold:

We ran 50+ free to enter Halo tournaments and broadcast in 2016, as someone that was apart of all of them with @@Saucey @@Clicked and @@Infinity. It sucks to see that could be an impression to some within the community, we pride ourselves on helping the community here and growing the Halo community (especially the Halo eSports side). I know we don't tweet out motivation stuff about haters, but it's kinda funny how some go out of their ways to cause drama regarding us instead of focusing on their own stuff. Anyways, we are excited for 2017 and the future here :)

Yall are amazing for all you do!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll forgive it if you hook me up with one of those snazzy scout backpacks tbh.  :lxthul:

Just recently used mine to travel, was amazing. Highly recommend :prayers: 

Speaking of dropping, I had to do what was best for me, Meme Team. Hope there's no hard feelings.

Announcing the return of Soul eSports, I am excited to carry on the torch!

-meme snip-

Traitor!

Speaking of dropping, I had to do what was best for me, Meme Team. Hope there's no hard feelings.

4n6Wf32.png

This is next level
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4n6Wf32.png

God damnit do I respect you.

In my head I went "Man, he should have said "Official Call of Duty Roster at HWC" and then double taked and saw the Overwatch joke. Well fucking played. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

4n6Wf32.png

Who's your manager?  You'll need him to keep the spot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Perfect response. Thanks! Just wanted to understand what it was, and I definitely was under the impression it was much more widespread.

Yeah, some people just crave drama, they don't have much else going on. That's okay though, we are pretty used to that type of childish behavior for years at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 6

lol this tweet is not about halo, but thanks for following me :)

For a moment I thought ESL was gonna shade Cratos out of ProLeague hahahaha
  • Upvote (+1) 4

lol this tweet is not about halo, but thanks for following me :)

I see you. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, some people just crave drama, they don't have much else going on. That's okay though, we are pretty used to that type of childish behavior for years at this point.

voc0RQZ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4