CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So do I have these team rosters for worlds correct?

• Team EnVyUs - Mikwen, iGotUrPistola, Snipedown, Huke 
  • OpTic Gaming - Lethul, Royal 2, Snakebite, Frosty 
  • Liquid - Penguin, Rayne, Stellur, Eco 
  • Str8 Rippin - Ace, aPG, Heinz, Renegade 
  • Luminosity Gaming - Ninja, TriPPPeY, eL Town, Victory X
  • Evil Geniuses - Roy, Lunchbox, Contra, PreDevonator 
  • Allegiance – Commonly, Spartan, Suspector, Danoxide
  • Pnda - Cratos, Naded, Nemassist, Str8 Sick
  • ??? – Bubu dubu, Shooter, Shotzzy, Falcated
  • ??? - Ogre2, Articc, Saiyan, cClaim
  • ??? – Cloud, Gabriel, Brainstorm, V t3ct9
  • ??? – BabyJ, Dastroyed, Prototype, Ryanoob
  • ??? – Randa, Arkamnum, TireIron, Juziro

you forgot my team

ScamCashGG - Paradise, Common, Dork, Sama

• Upvote (+1) 5

I mean at this point, do we really want Cratos's team out of the Pro League? How fucking epic of a grudge match will that be against Bubu's team?

This is the summary of Bubu's grudge match against Carlos.

source.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

<p>

• ??? - Ogre2, Articc, Saiyan, cClaim

I thought Prototype was retiring/taking some time off.

Ok, so I find this funny. I don't any of you in real life, but I can guarantee you would do exactly what @@Cratos did if you had the opportunity. To say that you would just "give up the chance at 100s of thousands of dollars because your a nice person" is total bullshit. I hate to break it to you, if you don't do what it takes to succeed in life you're going to be flipping burgers at McD's for the rest of your life. It might not be the most "honest" thing, it unfortunately if you "or your group or team" doesn't do it, someone's going to do it to you, and that's a promise. This is a business decision by people making money, these orgs have a lot of money on the line and I don't think they much care for basic politics and one players feelings. This is a business, and business is cut throat, that's the nature of the beast.

Also, all the hate being directed at Cratos' team, mainly @@Naded, is pathetic. All of you, including myself have no first hand experience of what happened, and he literally joined the team a day or two before roster lock, so him not knowing the inner workings of the duplicitous actions taking place is very possible. The same people here are the people saying "Cratos is washed", in comparison to who? Players on Nv and OpTiC? he's still better than 99.9% of the people on this forum and people playing the game, i'm not a huge fan, but I can appreciate his gameplay and where he's landed. Personally for e, I suck at this game, I find the streams fun to watch, and enjoyable while ill play the games im good at, I find this type of drama funny, and it brings a new dynamic to a dull league. A lot of you say "oh god he's scumbag, he's such a piece of shit", I mean, to be fair, a lot of you probably watch pro sports, which tends to be rampant with players who rape people, murder people, beat their wives, and yet you still cheer for them? If you cant handle Cratos in a video game pro league, I feel pretty bad for you in real life. I might work in the "8-5" world, something someone earlier in this thread threw shade at, but working with financial and capital markets has earned more money in a year than most of the people on this thread will make in the next 10 (im 26), and you know why? because I did what I needed to do to succeed in my life, granted i didn't have to shit on anyone to do it, but I wouldn't hesitate to do what I needed to survive, so get off your high horses.

Which brings me to my final point on this, how did this happen? well, unfortunately, its the halo community as a whole, most people have an extremely elitist toxic attitude that runs off players and viewers. Most of the pros cant keep a team together for more than a couple of months, do you blame E6 and ALG for what they did? I certainly don't, do you expect people to invest that much money into a team that's going to dissolve in a couple of months? absolutely not, most of these players jump ship and shit on their teammates on stream after one mistake or loss. Most other eSports don't have anything close to that type of raging. Granted I personally find that kind of rage pretty amusing, but its pretty toxic for the scene, and that goes for everyone, not just Pnda Gaming.

So long story short, don't be sheeple, and don't bitch when other people do what it takes to succeed, and grow up.

LMAO

• ??? - Ogre2, Articc, Saiyan, cClaim

You misspelled Arkanum

dumbass

• Upvote (+1) 9

I am going to make one last stab at this.

The anger is misplaced. ESL's incompetence was a mistake. A genuine one, there is nothing they can do if a player has found a way to exploit one of their rules. They must abide by their own rules. They cannot just turn around and say no.

Yes the rule is stupid, yes the rule needs to be changed, and I am fairly sure it will be but for legal reasons I am not sure if ESL can simply abolish the rule just because they recognize that someone has intentionally and maliciously beaten the system. There hands are more than likely  tied.

The anger/disgust should be directed at cratos. Not ESL.

I disagree. I think it's perfectly justified to be angry at both.

Cratos because he's a prick, doesn't take much of an explanation.

ESL because they have ignored their own rules, and refused to protect the competitive spirit of the league as a whole (I base this on the information we have, not on the idea that other variables may be at play. Even if there are other factors, ESL has either not yet told us, or will not tell us, both of which are bad.)

<p>

• ??? - Ogre2, Articc, Saiyan, cClaim
  • ??? – Randa, Arkanum, TireIron, Juziro
Cloud and V t3ct9 played with Randa and TireIron according to the seeding cup. A lot of rosters are on millenniums site.

This right here,

Like others have pointed out, the ruling kinda defies obvious logic, therefore something has to have been there to sort of force their hand, they have been publically made a fool of, and of course can't just come out and say we messed up guy's sorry, that just not how businesses function, hell 343 viewed halo 4 as a massive success, they made their bed and are now living with the consequences, they can't come out and publicly go against their own ruling or admit to wrong doing.

There has to be something else in play, as like you pointed out it just doesn't make any sense.

They can't do anything, PNDA gaming can sue them for breaking a rule. There is money involved, they cannot simply give the seed to Bubu and co. They would literally have to make Pro League a 10 team League.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They can't do anything, PNDA gaming can sue them for breaking a rule. 

according to nasty's post, apparently the rulebook says they're allowed to not give them the pro seed. sooo, yeah. legally they're fine.

• Upvote (+1) 3

according to nasty's post, apparently the rulebook says they're allowed to not give them the pro seed. sooo, yeah. legally they're fine.

Welcome to HCS where the rules are made up and good settings dont matter

• Upvote (+1) 5

I quoted everything right out of the rulebook! Everything that happened was basically not stated in their rule book, stated differently or poorly covered. Nonetheless the integrity pragraph gives ESL free reign if needed. They chose not to follow their rules and violated them (at least by not taking care of the integrity).

Rule book: https://gfx.esl.eu/gfx/media/play/halo/HCSProLeague/ProLeagueRules-Fall2016.pdf

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah they could have done that, but they didn't they made the roster oficial with the pro league seed. Now they are a fucked, well we are fucked since we are the one watching a shitty team in pro League.