CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My question is, and forgive me if I missed such a post, has @Vivi or any other ESL representative actually admitted that they screwed the pooch yet?

The rules regarding seed retention were put in place in order to provide incentive for teams/players to stick together. In the end, the way they set the rules up allowed a manager to make an absolute mockery of the system. It's odd to me that an organization can get worked by someone this hard and still double down on the very ruling they were embarrassed with. This is made worse by the fact that they designed the system to work in the exact opposite way.

"We want players to stick together to keep their Pro League seed."

*Lets one player keep Pro League seed and strips seed from a duo*

"Everyone did the right thing"

I'm confused.

ESL forgot about ignored the INTENT of their own rules.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's get back on topic. I pay 840 a month (including utilities) to split a 2 bedroom in cap hill in Denver. This is about 30 min from our favorite pro cratos

• Upvote (+1) 5

Let's get back on topic. I pay 840 a month (including utilities) to split a 2 bedroom in cap hill in Denver. This is about 30 min from our favorite pro cratos

Oh god. Not this again...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean at this point, do we really want Cratos's team out of the Pro League? How fucking epic of a grudge match will that be against Bubu's team?

It wouldn't be an epic grudge match. Naded doesn't want to be on the team, Nemassist is an AM, Str8 sick was the worst player on his last two nearly-relegated squads, and Cratos is a good glue player when he has slayers around him... which he doesn't.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It wouldn't be an epic grudge match. Naded doesn't want to be on the team, Nemassist is an AM, Str8 sick was the worst player on his last two nearly-relegated squads, and Cratos is a good glue player when he has slayers around him... which he doesn't.

Str8 sick was the second best on optic. Clearly.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

gamurs halo content makes my head hurt

i'm glad that the people involved are contributing to the scene but i have never not regretted reading one of their articles

edit: why did those posts get deleted... lol

I'm all for Halo content, but this is just drive-by clickbait articles with very little substance and terrible writing from I've briefly seen. Please stop feeding them numbers.

I wish there was more editorial content but it's whatever, always liked the ESPN stuff though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am going to make one last stab at this.

The anger is misplaced. ESL's incompetence was a mistake. A genuine one, there is nothing they can do if a player has found a way to exploit one of their rules. They must abide by their own rules. They cannot just turn around and say no.

Yes the rule is stupid, yes the rule needs to be changed, and I am fairly sure it will be but for legal reasons I am not sure if ESL can simply abolish the rule just because they recognize that someone has intentionally and maliciously beaten the system. There hands are more than likely  tied.

The anger/disgust should be directed at cratos. Not ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The anger is misplaced. ESL's incompetence was a mistake. A genuine one, there is nothing they can do if a player has found a way to exploit one of their rules. They must abide by their own rules. They cannot just turn around and say no.

Yes the rule is stupid, yes the rule needs to be changed, and I am fairly sure it will be but for legal reasons I am not sure if ESL can simply abolish the rule just because they recognize that someone has intentionally and maliciously beaten the system. There hands are more than likely tied.

I think the biggest complaint is that ESL has fumbled around their own rules for years now, now they have a chance to make things right and 95% of the community is ok with* and they won't. They even admitted Trump could be a player on the squad to top it off lol.

*Stat pulled out of my ass, but I bet it's high.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You think Halo has the monthly hours watched -AND- MAUs? That's a stretch.

(Clarification: It's obvious it has the money for the prize pools for Tier 2. I said I was surprised it has the MAUs/the MAUs are from Warzone and you assumed I meant it had all 3. I really doubt it has the monthly hours watched with its low position on Twitch.)

Maybe you need to ask 343 why does it ping everyone of your smurfs on the xbox whenever there is an update to inflate the MAUs

Analysts in 2017 LUL

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I just want ESL to admit they fucked up. Quit the mental gymnastics that in anyway justifies this terrible ruling.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes the rule is stupid, yes the rule needs to be changed, and I am fairly sure it will be but for legal reasons I am not sure if ESL can simply abolish the rule just because they recognize that someone has intentionally and maliciously beaten the system. There hands are more than likely  tied.

Who is stopping them?

Based on the information we have, it seems like that would have been the logical action, along with handing out a punishment for misconduct to the offending team manager that knowingly submitted a falsified roster. "Problem solved, nice try kids, that's strike two, etc."

Honestly though, I get the sense we're either not getting a proper explanation or don't have all the information (also possible I'm just an idiot because none of this makes any sense) so I'm going to bow out from commenting on this any further.

Please grow up soon, Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes the rule is stupid, yes the rule needs to be changed, and I am fairly sure it will be but for legal reasons I am not sure if ESL can simply abolish the rule just because they recognize that someone has intentionally and maliciously beaten the system. There hands are more than likely tied.

They aren't abiding by their own rules. The language in the rule book was open for interpretation because it was poorly written.

That shouldn't matter because The INTENT of the rule was clear, (player majorities control seeds, manager is final vote on 2-2 splits) . they simply ignored the intent and spirit of their own rule. They had no system in place to enforce the rule as it was intended (a player-roster verification system), and because of that decided to make a ruling against their own interests.

The logical thing to do was to acknowledge that evidence suggested that Bubu did not intend to play with Cratos BUT there was no system in place for Bubu and Shooter to legitimately report themselves as 1/2 of a roster. Then, they should have dissolved the seed, and updated the rules so that duos can report themselves as such in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright, who can give the best summary of the most recent drama in one post?  I sadly just don't have the time to read through the last couple days of pages.  It would be much appreciated.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

gamurs halo content makes my head hurt

i'm glad that the people involved are contributing to the scene but i have never not regretted reading one of their articles 

edit: why did those posts get deleted... lol

FREE COOPER

Unfortunately Halo doesn't sell in terms of esports coverage which is why only GAMURS and ESPN Esports covers events. I'd try and cover Halo news but I'm leading the RealSport CS:GO coverage so a bit too busy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who is stopping them?

Honestly though, I get the sense we're either not getting a proper explanation or don't have all the information

This right here,

Like others have pointed out, the ruling kinda defies obvious logic, therefore something has to have been there to sort of force their hand, they have been publically made a fool of, and of course can't just come out and say we messed up guy's sorry, that just not how businesses function, hell 343 viewed halo 4 as a massive success, they made their bed and are now living with the consequences, they can't come out and publicly go against their own ruling or admit to wrong doing. 

There has to be something else in play, as like you pointed out it just doesn't make any sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright, who can give the best summary of the most recent drama in one post?  I sadly just don't have the time to read through the last couple days of pages.  It would be much appreciated.  

-Bubu and Shooter thought they had a pro seed as a TO2

-Showtime submits 'E6' roster with Bubu and Cratos

-Because of this, ESL 'rules' state that the pro seed goes to 'E6' per the TO2 of Bubu and Cratos

-Bubu leaves that false roster, but Cratos keeps the seed as when it was submitted they 'technically' had 2+ the manager

-ESL comes in and clarifies that any manager could submit blatantly false rosters without verification and ESL will allow it per their rules

Think thats about it. Looks ridiculous in this format. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This right here,

Like others have pointed out, the ruling kinda defies obvious logic, therefore something has to have been there to sort of force their hand, they have been publically made a fool of, and of course can't just come out and say we messed up guy's sorry, that just not how businesses function, hell 343 viewed halo 4 as a massive success, they made their bed and are now living with the consequences, they can't come out and publicly go against their own ruling or admit to wrong doing.

There has to be something else in play, as like you pointed out it just doesn't make any sense.

I too think something else is afoot because there's no logical reason that an interpretation of the language and spirit of the rule book alone would have lead ESL to this conclusion.

There had to have been pressure from else where to make this one time ruling, for which a single party benefits, but only announce the proceeding when is to late for anyone else to abuse it. This ruling sets a precedent with terrible ramifications, but a new rule book will likely close the loop hole before it can strike again and they'll hope we forget about it.

If any org thought for one second that any opposing manager could have officially claimed their players during a transition period, they would never have participated.

Is it really that much of a tragedy that only one of LG, Pnda and Str8 will make it? (Assuming OG, NV, TL, ALG, Inc. and EG are locks) The best 4 teams in the world are still going to be the ones going home with 100k+.

Yes it is. 12 teams is just weird. More teams, more Halo to watch, more fun.

So do I have these team rosters for worlds correct?

• Team EnVyUs - Mikwen, iGotUrPistola, Snipedown, Huke 
  • OpTic Gaming - Lethul, Royal 2, Snakebite, Frosty 
  • Liquid - Penguin, Rayne, Stellur, Eco 
  • Str8 Rippin - Ace, aPG, Heinz, Renegade 
  • Luminosity Gaming - Ninja, TriPPPeY, eL Town, Victory X
  • Evil Geniuses - Roy, Lunchbox, Contra, PreDevonator 
  • Allegiance – Commonly, Spartan, Suspector, Danoxide
  • Pnda - Cratos, Naded, Nemassist, Str8 Sick
  • ??? – Bubu dubu, Shooter, Shotzzy, Falcated
  • ??? - Ogre2, Articc, Saiyan, cClaim
  • ??? – Cloud, Gabriel, Brainstorm, V t3ct9
  • ??? – BabyJ, Dastroyed, Prototype, Ryanoob