CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I do love how LANs are growing in importance in H5.hopefully they completely overtake pro league in that regard, eventually.

That said i do like the idea of having a proleague to supplement the experience. It's a cheap way to provide strictly scheduled, high level gameplay on a frequent basis and fuel storylines between LANs.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Since pro league is spearate from worlds, Devon and contra would still hold their spot until they officially dissolve when pro league begins right [email protected]@Vivi

Yeah and it doesn't help ninja shits all over everyone else's plays after every loss.

Yeah the first week when they looked pretty good he was complimenting Trippey and Victory and joking around before and after games. Team chemistry is huge.

I do love how LANs are growing in importance in H5.hopefully they completely overtake pro league in that regard, eventually.

That said i do like the idea of having a proleague to supplement the experience. It's a cheap way to provide strictly scheduled, high level gameplay on a frequent basis and fuel storylines between LANs.

Yeah. There is a place for an online pro league. The best change is that all 8 teams plus AMs will be able to play on LAN after each season. Dreamhack Atlanta and Denver are going to be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 2

While we're on the topic of rulings...

Do they plan on announcing the rules and settings for St. Louis before the event? We've got three days, and the rules/settings page on UGC just says "TBA". https://www.ugcevents.com/events/ugc-hcs-50000-qualifier#tab-6

inb4TeamFiestaFinals

But seriously. What? Whose in charge of that?

oGm5SON.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do they plan on announcing the rules and settings for St. Louis before the event? We've got three days, and the rules/settings page on UGC just says "TBA". https://www.ugcevents.com/events/ugc-hcs-50000-qualifier#tab-6

inb4TeamFiestaFinals

On the bright side, i count 38 teams on the team page which doesn't include any pro teams and there are always a few last minute stragglers.  If we get 50 teams that would be an improvement.

On the bright side, i count 38 teams on the team page which doesn't include any pro teams and there are always a few last minute stragglers.  If we get 50 teams that would be an improvement.

Now if only those teams knew the rules, settings, and game types. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

inb4TeamFiestaFinals

i used to be able to get in touch with the millennial esports guys but i haven't heard from them in a while

idk what is going on with that company since they bought out PGL...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just waiting for some random poster to mention an MLG issue in 2004 that has nothing to do with this ESL situation in 2017, but thinks it will help and lessen the blow of this.

I found the post I was referencing

Remember back in 09(?) when Frisky and Sasquatch essentially bought pro status by paying their way onto Xit Woundz(?) and  then keeping the seed with just themselves and having pro status for the next event and got smashed?

This is a billion times worse and I can't even express how much I hope E6 (fuck off going to use it anyway, pray for my family) fails miserably and dont make a fucking dime from Halo ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now if only those teams knew the rules, settings, and game types.

In an effort to out do esl, 343 will inform one team (Pnda) of the official rules ahead of time. Everyone else will find out at the door.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I bet Vegas will be even bigger like last time.

In fact what is the point of going to St Louis other than for prize money. You can only qualify for Worlds at Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still better than Orion

Stasis would be a good map if they just evened out the geometry.  IDK if it would be HCS appropriate, but would be a good map at that point IMO.

All stasis all the time

We'd just veto the tournament at this point and ask for the next one, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bet Vegas will be even bigger like last time.

In fact what is the point of going to St Louis other than for prize money. You can only qualify for Worlds at Vegas.

Your placement at st Louis should help your bracket position in Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In fact what is the point of going to St Louis other than for prize money.

Seeding Points. Same thing for the online portion of this HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your placement at st Louis should help your bracket position in Vegas.

Seeding Points. Same thing for the online portion of this HWC.

But don't the online cups do that too?

In an effort to out do esl, 343 will inform one team (Pnda) of the official rules ahead of time. Everyone else will find out at the door.

Good. They'll need all the help they can get. 

gamurs halo content makes my head hurt

i'm glad that the people involved are contributing to the scene but i have never not regretted reading one of their articles 

edit: why did those posts get deleted... lol

FREE COOPER

• Upvote (+1) 8

So next transfer period what's to stop a team manager to just randomly say people are on his team who arnt just to screw other people over?

My question is, and forgive me if I missed such a post, has @Vivi or any other ESL representative actually admitted that they screwed the pooch yet?

The rules regarding seed retention were put in place in order to provide incentive for teams/players to stick together. In the end, the way they set the rules up allowed a manager to make an absolute mockery of the system. It's odd to me that an organization can get worked by someone this hard and still double down on the very ruling they were embarrassed with. This is made worse by the fact that they designed the system to work in the exact opposite way.

"We want players to stick together to keep their Pro League seed."

*Lets one player keep Pro League seed and strips seed from a duo*

"Everyone did the right thing"

I'm confused. Why can't someone say "wow guys, you know what? You're right. We handled this terribly. We're working to make sure this sort of thing can never happen again. It was a huge oversight by us."

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1