CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can we focus on the fact that only 7 NA teams are going to Worlds?? Can ESL change this please.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's been said quite a few times, but any roster submitted by a manager should have 100% confirmation from the players being submitted as being accurate.

I agree but I also think that this process should take into consideration player contracts. If a player says "I'm not confirming that I'm on that roster" because he wants to "hold out" for the season it doesn't mean he should be allowed to break his contract or that ESL should supersede a legal contract. As of right now it sounds like that is not the case, contracts don't even matter, and if I'm an org owner I want nothing to do with all of this. So it goes both ways; manager/org should be able to just put any player on a roster they want and players should be able to say they aren't on a roster when they have a legal contract in place.

i dont think we need to expand the number of pro teams tbh. i think we just need to make it easier for am teams to break into the top 8. i hate to keep banging the mlg drum. but constant open lans that let anyone try their hand at getting to the championship bracket was awesome and really grew the scene. adding 2 more spots to the pro league wont mean much if there's no way for other teams to try and make their way in outside of a once per season relegation

as much as i love watching weekly matches, id much prefer to have a season consisting of open lans and a final. maybe two 5 month seasons, an open lan every 3-4 weeks and a month break between.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i dont think we need to expand the number of pro teams tbh. i think we just need to make it easier for am teams to break into the top 8. i hate to keep banging the mlg drum. but constant open lans that let anyone try their hand at getting to the championship bracket was awesome and really grew the scene. adding 2 more spots to the pro league wont mean much if there's no way for other teams to try and make their way in outside of a once per season relegation

as much as i love watching weekly matches, id much prefer to have a season consisting of open lans and a final. maybe two 5 month seasons, an open lan every 3-4 weeks and a month break between.

You don't understand. We need a league.

Can we focus on the fact that only 7 NA teams are going to Worlds?? Can ESL change this please.

Seriously. Most of the time with Halo, we have so much bullshit thrown at us that we don't even get to address all of it, this being an example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't understand. We need a league.

Are you just gonna believe everything youve been told. Next youll tell me that russia hacked esl to give cratos a seed

I agree but I also think that this process should take into consideration player contracts. If a player says "I'm not confirming that I'm on that roster" because he wants to "hold out" for the season it doesn't mean he should be allowed to break his contract or that ESL should supersede a legal contract. As of right now it sounds like that is not the case, contracts don't even matter, and if I'm an org owner I want nothing to do with all of this. So it goes both ways; manager/org should be able to just put any player on a roster they want and players should be able to say they aren't on a roster when they have a legal contract in place.

Simple, if a player is under contract, that contact IS the confirmation. If the player isn't under contract, they confirm individually.

The only players that would be able to hold out are those who are needed for a seed and up for contact renegotiation. Which would be a way for elite players to leverage their performance.

Seriously. Most of the time with Halo, we have so much bullshit thrown at us that we don't even get to address all of it, this being an example.

I think we should make a thread listing all of this game's problems and separate them by category.

I will only take the responsibility of making and updating this thread provided I can relate every point to silenced assault rifles in some way.

Are you just gonna believe everything youve been told. Next youll tell me that russia hacked esl to give cratos a seed

Also, yes. Think about it. How could we have a pro league without a league?

I remember back in the day as a kid I had the dream of breaking out in the scene and becoming a pro halo player.

These days, I dream of being a team manager. Think of all that power!

kanye-power.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

They had to downsize the amount of invited teams to make up for the shortened prize pool, so that all teams in attendance still get a decent chunk of money and Worlds maintains its automatic payday stigma.

Is it really that much of a tragedy that only one of LG, Pnda and Str8 will make it? (Assuming OG, NV, TL, ALG, Inc. and EG are locks) The best 4 teams in the world are still going to be the ones going home with 100k+.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we should make a thread listing all of this game's problems and separate them by category.

I will only take the responsibility of making and updating this thread provided I can relate every point to silenced assault rifles in some way.

Also, yes. Think about it. How could we have a pro league without a league?

I would honestly prefer a pro circuit. An online league is not ideal for this game

Interesting pickup. Although I heard he is a strong advocate for the prize pool to be evenly distributed between all teams that are in the tournament. 

Bernie's HWC Prize pool payouts:

1.) 83,000

2.) 83,000

3.) 83,000

4.) 83,000

5.) 83,000

6.) 83,000

7.) 83,000

8.) 83,000

9.) 83,000

10.) 83,000

11.) 83,000

12.) 83,000

It should be interesting to see how this affects competition. 

You forgot the part where that event is completely crowdfunded, never ends up happening, and all of the money ends up going towards armor ability research for Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So basically every team manager is a little Roger Goodell?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But that's not a league.

Also, that period was not italicized.

If you arent going to even take the time to italicize your periods then theres no point talking to you

• Upvote (+1) 6

You forgot the part where that event is completely crowdfunded, never ends up happening, and all of the money ends up going towards armor ability research for Halo 6.

The event only didn't happen because 343 decided to put one of their own Pro Team members on E6 instead.

• Upvote (+1) 2

-snip-

Continue to serve as the gasoline to the bonfire of this 'toxic' halo community, you're providing some quality satire.

I've been slowly growing a file on my computer for memes. I will soon rise and become a legendary meme lord to rule them all!

Also I understand that that ESL is only having 7 teams for Worlds because of prize money, but I still think 8 from NA is the bare minimum as they are the most fun teams to watch.

Since pro league is spearate from worlds, Devon and contra would still hold their spot until they officially dissolve when pro league begins rightdank @@Vivi

I could be wrong but haven't their scrim scores looked worse the more they play?

Yeah and it doesn't help ninja shits all over everyone else's plays after every loss.
  • Downvote (-1) 1