CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So long as Trump and Bernie were eligible players, yes. 

Thank you for answering this question, and I appreciate all the work you and ESL do to make Halo a successful esport.

Nonetheless, I have to say, this is a straight-up dumbass rule, and it should never have been allowed to exist in the first place. It should be on you and your organisation's shoulders that rosters are checked properly before approval ​with the players listed on the roster, because as you have clearly stated the manager is the only one who can submit a roster. And given that there's only 8 teams in the PL anyway, it shouldn't be that hard to just quickly run the submitted rosters by the players via email or something.

I really don't find it acceptable that the ruling that was reached is being allowed to stand, but regardless of that, the fact that you're saying that anyone on the goddamn planet who's eligible to play can be listed on a roster sheet without so much as a raised eyebrow from ESL is a bit fucking stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 9

My question out of this whole fiasco is, when did we decide that we need "team managers" to make these kind of decisions? Whatever happened to the days where whoever bought the team pass, was the team captain and the players had to be added through the system through their own electronic signature. That would've completely dissolved this whole drama. 

Having points tied to player on an event by event basis has always made more sense than this team points thing they have; which is just yet another reason I wish Halo would go back to MLG. Literally nothing about their structure makes any sense, but hell, what do I know lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So long as Trump and Bernie were eligible players, yes.

This is so funny, that's it's not even funny.

I can't help but look at the Rules and see that the intent was for seeds to go to duo's (who actually want to play together)

But then I have to consider the fact that ESL had no system in place for players to confirm the team they want to play for.

Honestly, prior to this ruling, I feel like if any org looked at the rule book and walked away with the idea that managers could make ANY player an official part of their roster without consent, they wouldn't participate in the league.

I want to say this is a massive oversight, but really it's a gross misinterpretation of the intention of the rules. It has to be. There's NO WAY that the intent was for managers to be able to claim/keep players against their will. Off season Team Changes being the responsibility of the manager should refer to players being replaced/added to the team, not players leaving.

My question out of this whole fiasco is, when did we decide that we need "team managers" to make these kind of decisions? Whatever happened to the days where whoever bought the team pass, was the team captain and the players had to be added through the system through their own electronic signature. That would've completely dissolved this whole drama.

Having points tied to player on an event by event basis has always made more sense than this team points thing they have.; which is just yet another reason I wish Halo would go back to MLG. Literally nothing about their structure makes any sense, but hell, what do I know lol.

It probably works in the bigger Esports where everything is more established and orgs make public statements about their rosters way before roster lock.

Hell Liquid hasn't confirmed their roster yet or am I wrong??

Remember when ESL added in the rule of "after 4 full replays, the 5th one will be a sudden death", MID-TOURNAMENT?

But apparently ESL only likes to alter the rulebook at their choosing.

League is actually becoming a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It probably works in the bigger Esports where everything is more established and orgs make public statements about their rosters way before roster lock.

And that makes sense, I get that. But it becomes a problem when team managers come involved to the point to where they're screwing over teams. I couldn't imagine the reaction on something like this in bigger games like CSGO.

What's the tiebreaker then? Whoever submits their team first?

What's to stop Cratos (or any pro) submitting a roster of themselves, royal 2,bubudubu (to hold the seed) and huke?

Would that screw over optic, nv and the players involved?

This was going to be something I was going to mention as well. I'm not seeing how league officials can clear a team manager submitting a roster they know to be incorrect, and still circumvent the penalty for doing so. So based on the rules, anyone on the forums can submit two top pros on their team, and immediately take a top 4 seed. And then on top of that, it was also mentioned the bubu dubu could potentially be penalized further if [i forget the circumstances that was mentioned to be penalized for future seeding but Vivi mentioned it in his statement]. 

The League hadn't come to a final ruling until roughly an hour before the email was sent to Shooter, Bubu and all parties on the 11th.

Ok, how about a little insight into why the league came to it's ruling? Wasn't it blatantly obvious showtime was submitting a false roster? Once Bubu voiced his concern was that just thrown out the window?

I'm just confused on what planet you could decide scum showtime and scum cratos deserved that seed when not only did they do something that questioned the integrity of your league but also something so shady and underhanded. 

Please understand that when shit like this is allowed to fly it makes supporters question a lot. Like why do I care about this? Why should I get invested when the people in charge clearly don't give a shit?

When ESL was entrusted with pro league a lot of the community was happy, we thought ESL knew how to run a pro league and it would be the best thing for Halo at the time. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case but there's always time to make things better.

I'm not going to beg you to do the right thing, shouldn't have to. All I would ask is to look at this situation logically and tell us what you think should happen to showtime, cratos, and that seed.

I'm just waiting for some random poster to mention an MLG issue in 2004 that has nothing to do with this ESL situation in 2017, but thinks it will help and lessen the blow of this.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Liquid just hasn't made any official announcements.

Eco and Stellur are signed to Team Liquid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just waiting for some random poster to mention an MLG issue in 2004 that has nothing to do with this ESL situation in 2017, but thinks it will help and lessen the blow of this.

Didn't somebody already do that talking about two players buying their way onto XiT Woundz then stealing the pro seed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't somebody already do that talking about two players buying their way onto XiT Woundz then stealing the pro seed?

Bonfire + It Was Luck were the original suddoths and XiT was the original reality check. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think towards the end of a season or whatever they called, it a lot of players would team mostly for what their combined point totals were.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably, we can all hold ours breath for the Totz compassion next.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Liquid just hasn't made any official announcements.

Eco and Stellur are signed to Team Liquid.

The Season has already started and a major Org hasn't confirmed a roster. Do you think this makes the scene look good?? That Liquid roster could consist of Eco,Stellur and Bernie/Trump as far as we know.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

So based on the rules, anyone on the forums can submit two top pros on their team, and immediately take a top 4 seed.

I think you have to be a manager for a team currently holding a Pro seed to submit a roster. So not necessarily anyone can submit one, but the managers (Symbolic, Towey, Elumnite, Royal1, etc) could do some pretty crazy shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3