CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

as long as they stick together and keep practicing, i think they'll be much better come vegas

I could be wrong but haven't their scrim scores looked worse the more they play?

Thats a really long way to say "sweeping it under the rug".

If that was the case I wouldn't respond at all on the matter, but it's not.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I could be wrong but haven't their scrim scores looked worse the more they play?

i would imagine that theyre putting a lot of pressure on themselves with st louis coming up plus getting used to fis as their coach

If that was the case I wouldn't respond at all on the matter, but it's not.

Did Simms just confirm ESL is taking action?

Or are we being thrown for a loop by the ever so clever red beard of EU?

44fO8sN.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Did Simms just confirm ESL is taking action?

Just confirming that it's not been ignored and we will be addressing this moving forward as we look at ways to improve overall player/team communication and to avoid instances like this ever happening again both from players feeling misinformed and teams forming under the current circumstances. If people are wondering if this will be overturned, me personally - I cannot see it happening.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just confirming that it's not been ignored and we will be addressing this moving forward as we look at ways we improve overall player/team communication and to avoid instances like this ever happening again both from players feeling misinformed and teams forming under the current circumstances. If people are wondering if this will be overturned, me personally - I cannot see it happening.

This makes me so stressed.  :stressed:

I didn't want them to get away with it 

Ok, so I find this funny. I don't any of you in real life, but I can guarantee you would do exactly what @@Cratos did if you had the opportunity. To say that you would just "give up the chance at 100s of thousands of dollars because your a nice person" is total bullshit. I hate to break it to you, if you don't do what it takes to succeed in life you're going to be flipping burgers at McD's for the rest of your life. It might not be the most "honest" thing, it unfortunately if you "or your group or team" doesn't do it, someone's going to do it to you, and that's a promise. This is a business decision by people making money, these orgs have a lot of money on the line and I don't think they much care for basic politics and one players feelings. This is a business, and business is cut throat, that's the nature of the beast.

Also, all the hate being directed at Cratos' team, mainly @@Naded, is pathetic. All of you, including myself have no first hand experience of what happened, and he literally joined the team a day or two before roster lock, so him not knowing the inner workings of the duplicitous actions taking place is very possible. The same people here are the people saying "Cratos is washed", in comparison to who? Players on Nv and OpTiC? he's still better than 99.9% of the people on this forum and people playing the game, i'm not a huge fan, but I can appreciate his gameplay and where he's landed. Personally for e, I suck at this game, I find the streams fun to watch, and enjoyable while ill play the games im good at, I find this type of drama funny, and it brings a new dynamic to a dull league. A lot of you say "oh god he's scumbag, he's such a piece of shit", I mean, to be fair, a lot of you probably watch pro sports, which tends to be rampant with players who rape people, murder people, beat their wives, and yet you still cheer for them? If you cant handle Cratos in a video game pro league, I feel pretty bad for you in real life. I might work in the "8-5" world, something someone earlier in this thread threw shade at, but working with financial and capital markets has earned more money in a year than most of the people on this thread will make in the next 10 (im 26), and you know why? because I did what I needed to do to succeed in my life, granted i didn't have to shit on anyone to do it, but I wouldn't hesitate to do what I needed to survive, so get off your high horses.

Which brings me to my final point on this, how did this happen? well, unfortunately, its the halo community as a whole, most people have an extremely elitist toxic attitude that runs off players and viewers. Most of the pros cant keep a team together for more than a couple of months, do you blame E6 and ALG for what they did? I certainly don't, do you expect people to invest that much money into a team that's going to dissolve in a couple of months? absolutely not, most of these players jump ship and shit on their teammates on stream after one mistake or loss. Most other eSports don't have anything close to that type of raging. Granted I personally find that kind of rage pretty amusing, but its pretty toxic for the scene, and that goes for everyone, not just Pnda Gaming.

So long story short, don't be sheeple, and don't bitch when other people do what it takes to succeed, and grow up.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 66

Only need to full fill two of the columns. Analyst LUL

You think Halo has the monthly hours watched -AND- MAUs?  That's a stretch.

(Clarification: It's obvious it has the money for the prize pools for Tier 2.  I said I was surprised it has the MAUs/the MAUs are from Warzone and you assumed I meant it had all 3.  I really doubt it has the monthly hours watched with its low position on Twitch.)

Ok, so I find this funny. I don't any of you in real life, but I can guarantee you would do exactly what @@Cratos did if you had the opportunity. To say that you would just "give up the chance at 100s of thousands of dollars because your a nice person" is total bullshit. I hate to break it to you, if you don't do what it takes to succeed in life you're going to be flipping burgers at McD's for the rest of your life. It might not be the most "honest" thing, it unfortunately if you "or your group or team" doesn't do it, someone's going to do it to you, and that's a promise. This is a business decision by people making money, these orgs have a lot of money on the line and I don't think they much care for basic politics and one players feelings. This is a business, and business is cut throat, that's the nature of the beast.

Also, all the hate being directed at Cratos' team, mainly @@Naded, is pathetic. All of you, including myself have no first hand experience of what happened, and he literally joined the team a day or two before roster lock, so him not knowing the inner workings of the duplicitous actions taking place is very possible. The same people here are the people saying "Cratos is washed", in comparison to who? Players on Nv and OpTiC? he's still better than 99.9% of the people on this forum and people playing the game, i'm not a huge fan, but I can appreciate his gameplay and where he's landed. Personally for e, I suck at this game, I find the streams fun to watch, and enjoyable while ill play the games im good at, I find this type of drama funny, and it brings a new dynamic to a dull league. A lot of you say "oh god he's scumbag, he's such a piece of shit", I mean, to be fair, a lot of you probably watch pro sports, which tends to be rampant with players who rape people, murder people, beat their wives, and yet you still cheer for them? If you cant handle Cratos in a video game pro league, I feel pretty bad for you in real life. I might work in the "8-5" world, something someone earlier in this thread threw shade at, but working with financial and capital markets has earned more money in a year than most of the people on this thread will make in the next 10 (im 26), and you know why? because I did what I needed to do to succeed in my life, granted i didn't have to shit on anyone to do it, but I wouldn't hesitate to do what I needed to survive, so get off your high horses.

Which brings me to my final point on this, how did this happen? well, unfortunately, its the halo community as a whole, most people have an extremely elitist toxic attitude that runs off players and viewers. Most of the pros cant keep a team together for more than a couple of months, do you blame E6 and ALG for what they did? I certainly don't, do you expect people to invest that much money into a team that's going to dissolve in a couple of months? absolutely not, most of these players jump ship and shit on their teammates on stream after one mistake or loss. Most other eSports don't have anything close to that type of raging. Granted I personally find that kind of rage pretty amusing, but its pretty toxic for the scene, and that goes for everyone, not just Pnda Gaming.

So long story short, don't be sheeple, and don't bitch when other people do what it takes to succeed, and grow up.

there actions did nothing to guarantee them money, only an easier time at ugc. i wouldnt play my hand like that b/c 1) im not a terrible person and 2) that team does not look built for success. i want to be able to get other players after worlds or get on a better team as an f/a and now none of them will have an easy time doing that if they can do it at all. this shit is like plagerism. it may be easy, but nothing will get you kicked out of school easier

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

It's false dichotomy you create by juxtaposing "doing what it takes to succeed in life" with "flipping burgers at McDonald's." One, it's totally possible to call flipping burgers for the rest of your life a success, depending on your life philosophy. I mean, look at Spongebob. Dude lives the IDEAL life.

But seriously, you don't need to be cutthroat in life to succeed. Sure, it can make things easier for you, but I've noticed in the long run that empathy and cooperation >>> selfishness and cutthroatness. By saying you either do what it takes or you're screwed, you're predisposing yourself to the position that you must screw others over to attain success for yourself. That's just not true.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i love beyond <3

Active posts: 3

Shoutout to Cratos for taking the time to make all these new accounts.  Really boosts the activity on the forums.  True MVP.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

If people are wondering if this will be overturned, me personally - I cannot see it happening.

Of course it wont be

The mental gymnastics to justify shitty actions.

Don't be surprised when Karma catches up to you.

This deserves more upvotes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you are just trying to compete with my neg rep,

Don't even bother trying to deny it, I am onto you.

You are jealous of that sexy full red bar.

There is no other explanation for this post.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok, so I find this funny.

I agree, your post is funny. 

How many alt accounts does Cratos have? (l8 on this but whateves)   :kappa:

Just confirming that it's not been ignored and we will be addressing this moving forward as we look at ways to improve overall player/team communication and to avoid instances like this ever happening again both from players feeling misinformed and teams forming under the current circumstances. If people are wondering if this will be overturned, me personally - I cannot see it happening.

At this point I'm just hoping Bubu doesn't get a penalty for no reason. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love all these people calling us toxic then adding to the toxicity with large numbers of insults.

Fact is, whether anyone would do what Cratos did (personally I wouldn't, not only is it a stupid decision long term but it's highly unethical) it was the wrong thing to do. Dude screwed over former friends and teammates, people who he should have respected enough to not go behind their back and use a stupid loophole to get what was right for him.

People can argue the legality of it all they want. They can say 'you'd do the same thing' or 'don't blame this person they didn't know' or even 'I've seen worse so it's fine'. It doesn't matter. It was shady and a shitty way to treat fellow humans.

he's regretting it already

O CAPTAIN!

My CAPTAIN!

Seriously, how is he captain of a team. lul

• Upvote (+1) 1