CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

my two favorite tages are walshy 2 & ogres wwl. both feature great rock songs

im a huge fan of all genres of music (yes even country lawl) - and i feel like rock best suits fragvids

Couldnt agree more. I work at a music venue so i appreciate all music(where the gamertag came from) but rock music in a halo montage just feels right

Your favourite team Crowd Pleasers has been updated to Pnda Gaming. I really like the logo tbh.

u9xw6Mq.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am begining to think that the age limit on HCS might be a good thing for Halo. And thats awful to say. These young kids need to be really carful...

Make sure you read and understand everything before signing young bucks...

I'm pretty sure their parents would have to co-sign, so you'd hope they at least give it a good read.

I feel bad of Pnda gaming - their name will be dragged through the mud. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel bad of Pnda gaming - their name will be dragged through the mud. 

Indirectly it is likely to damage them slightly (for the short term anyway)

although I would hope people can distinguish between an individuals actions and an org's actions.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So guys, $100.00 on ESL announcing at Worlds that Pro League is now 10 teams. What you say? I'm taking all bets.

This is what they should do now so they doesn't look all terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is what they should do now so they doesn't look all terrible

We don't really have 10 teams though we have 9, and then a sacrificial lamb

Name the 10th squad other than the 8 pro teams and bubu's squad.

Edit:

By all means let 9 teams be in the pro league but if that is the case make relegation automatic. None of this play off shit, make it actually interesting and meaningful, because,  if we increase the the pro league, we then inherently reduce the talent in the am scene meaning the quality of teams is reduced, therefore, it becomes harder for them to break through thus only compounding the problems already present within the hcs structure.

(Just to clarify the first seeded am team should automatically trade places with the pro team who finishes 9th) then you could possibly have the second best am team battle it out with the 8th place pro team.) This provides real incentitive to the am's whilst also providing actual punishment to teams not taking the league seriously. 

No team has made it into the pro league yet from relegation yet, and every season the second team has been dam near white washed. I think a better solution would be to add prize money into the amateur scene to give them something to play for and make it  not such a gigantic waste of time.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why? They knew the story / drama and the players that followed and still kept it. Or if you like Clerks..

clerks will always get  +rep

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly believe that the best solution to the problem that E6 created regarding pro seeds is to dissolve all pro league seeds that do not qualify for worlds, and have a qualifier for the last however many sports before summer pro league starts. Even if all of this shady stuff didn't happen, I would still like this idea, because it would keep the league fresh and would insure the teams in pro league are in fact the best teams out there. Obviously it's a bit late now to instate this rule, but I think its the best compromise considering everything that's happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we really need pro points back. if each player is given points for their placings, then no one person can hold a pro seed hostage nor can an org try to sell it. with pro points there is no loophole

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm really afraid LG won't make it to Worlds which makes me scared that Ninja will leave Halo.  My only hope is that since they have taken 3-6 games from every team if they get a lucky match up they can beat any team. Also with Cratos team being in the champ bracket they have a much better chance of beating them and getting to World as their side of the bracket might be easier.

Indirectly it is likely to damage them slightly (for the short term anyway)

although I would hope people can distinguish between an individuals actions and an org's actions.

You know how the internet works lol. 

Why? They knew the story / drama and the players that followed and still kept it. Or if you like Clerks..

See, I am not 100% on board with that. 

I'm really afraid LG won't make it to Worlds which makes me scared that Ninja will leave Halo.  My only hope is that since they have taken 3-6 games from every team if they get a lucky match up they can beat any team. Also with Cratos team being in the champ bracket they have a much better chance of beating them and getting to World as their side of the bracket might be easier.

as long as they stick together and keep practicing, i think they'll be much better come vegas

No we've deffo talked about it, ive sat down and looked at how this came to be/had it explained to me and it did work out this way, every rule in each set of events were abided by which got us to this point. I can fully appreciate both sides of the coin here as I see all povs on the situation from a neutral ground.

I've not been as vocal with you guys on this topic personally as i was not directly involved in it. I didn't see the steps and the process's taken from start to finish and wasnt involved with the players so it would be unethical for me to pass comment on what happened and how.

Thats a really long way to say "sweeping it under the rug".

• Upvote (+1) 3

Idk what I can say that would fix anything or make anything right. I didn't join this team for a pro seed, and I really wouldn't care if we had one or not, i'm just happy to finally have a good team to work towards Worlds with. Obviously I don't wan't want to benefit from someone else's expense, especially if I didn't earn it myself, but I'm not sure what to do. If I left this team my Halo career would basically be over because all the other pros think I'm some sort of scumbag degenerate at this point, so I would have no shot of working my way onto another pro team in the future. I guess everyone can hate me if you want, but I feel like I need to ride it out with this team regardless of how the community feels towards us.

Please dont change this guy's username to green. Not qualified.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3