CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How exactly does Worlds qualifications work? Do teams that are in pro league have an easier road to Worlds?

How exactly does Worlds qualifications work? Do teams that are in pro league have an easier road to Worlds?

Pro League teams do not have to go through the open bracket and their seed is determined by pro points via qualifiers and lan placings.

Back on topic now people. We have more than enough to talk about right now with all of the scrims and roster drama.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2gre's Daycare tied (or close) with Randa's team tonight. Losing Shotzzy really hurt them.

7-6 Randa

If it helps Randa went up 2-0 vs inconceivable in the seeding tourney. They're not scrubs

Back on topic now people. We have more than enough to talk about right now with all of the scrims and roster drama.

Like who Lethul's real dad is and how his inner struggle with his own personal cummies led to the conception of his son

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like who Lethul's real dad is and how his inner struggle with his own personal cummies led to the conception of his son

5u69LPe.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys, just uploaded a game from our scrims today against Str8 Rippin', I thought it was a pretty sick comeback so check it out }

Hey, that's pretty good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like Pnda is gonna regret picking up that team. I doubt they'll place well, and they'll get "bullied" like E6 did because of the actions of the players.

• Upvote (+1) 6

i've been tuning in and out of here every 2 weeks or so, for the past 2 months. I barely know what's going on, but it seems...things have happened.

Whether it's good or bad, i'm just glad that actual stuff have been happening to my favourite gaming series. :) 

Few questions

What happened to spartan? 

honestly, if someone were to make a video explaining what happened since worlds last season, i would watch the shit outta that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't drink that, don't drink that racist coffee.

Wow. Talk about an obscure reference.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What bothers me most is we have to watch a pro league now where, the 8 teams playing arnt the 8 best teams. Both ALG and Bubus team are better then Panda..

I mean, if were being 100% transparent, they're probably both better than/close to as good as Str8 Rippin, LG, & LG.

I think the tiers go:

Tier 1

Optic

NV

-------

Tier 2

Liquid

-------

Tier 3

-------

EG

Str8

LG

ALG*

Inconcievable*

PndaGaming

• Optic and EnVyUs are obvious.
  • TL in a tier by themselves, because I think they have the most talent of the remaining teams, and Penguin and Rayne have familiarity teaming with each other.

Tier 3 will probably dissolve into two tiers as the season progresses as all these teams have serious question marks going into the new pro season.

• EG has the chemistry of two tandems, but both have serious ? marks (RoyBox  with consistency, and PreDevContra with their commitment to online playing)
  • Str8 replaced Eco with Renegade, but until proven otherwise, that appears to be a downgrade.
  • ALG has probably the most talented roster of Tier 3, but they are also probably the most inconsistent. They will beat Optic and NV as much as they lose to every other team in Tier 3.
  • LG is very similar to ALG in that they are wildly inconsistent. If Trippey and Ninja can rein it in, this team has a very high ceiling. Based on that, they also have a very low floor.
  • Inconceivable has the talent, but a lot of it is unproven. Bubu & Shooter were half a very talented e6 team (with Huke), Falcated was an unknown who proved he belonged in Pro League last season with ALG, and Shotzzy is a seriously ridiculous up and comer. They'll have to gel, and obviously there will be growing pains, but their 50-23 win on Rig vs. Randa's team just kinda shows what this team is capable of, while dialed in.
  • PndaGaming - As much as I want to see this team fail (can't lie) they still have 3 pro players (Cratos, Naded & Str8 Sick) and a player in Nem who always seems to find himself on top AM teams. I don't think this team will gel and succeed, but I also won't be shocked if they do. I do think their ceiling is a Top 4, unless their chemistry blows my expectations out of the water.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Few questions

What happened to spartan? 

honestly, if someone were to make a video explaining what happened since worlds last season, i would watch the shit outta that. 

• Optic stayed the same
  • NV stayed the same
  • TL replaced Spartan and Commonly w/ StelluR & Eco
  • Str8 replaced Eco with Renegade
  • LG replaced Naded & Danoxide with Ninja and Trippey (top AM player)
  • EG replaced StelluR & Ninja with PreDevon & Contra
  • Falcated is teaming with Bubu Dubu, Shotzzy (up and coming AM player) and Shooter, dissolving the ALG seed. (they are playing through AM)
  • Spartan, Commonly, Danoxide & Suspector are teaming, under the team ALG (But not the seed, they are playing through AM)
  • Cratos pulled some questionable shady shit to keep the e6 seed and take it from Bubu & Shooter and is teaming with Naded, Str8 Sick & Nem (Top AM player) under the PndaGaming Banner.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You can do something that is 100% legal, and have it still be a little shady.

There were some people who gave CLG (at the time) flack for dropping 2gre days before roster locks, leaving him & EG scrambling to figure out what to do.

Does that even compare to the slimey thing that Cratos did? Absolutely not, but it illustrates that there is a gray area.

CLG dipped into it.

Cratos and crew are swimming in it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snip

Without a contract bubu couldnt have been held on a roster before roster lock! He could have just split, unless bound by contract (E6). I guess one also needs to agree to be traded or sold (to pnda), which bubu most likely would have refused before roster lock in order to open up that pro league spot.

So for this disaster to make sense E6 must have stuck around till roster lock (to legally submit the roster including bubu) and then selling the team and spot to pnda. Pnda then released bubu to not look bad.

E6 made more money by selling an actual spot in the pro league and bubu got srewed!

Sad...

Without a contract bubu couldnt have been held on a roster before roster lock! He could have just split, unless bound by contract (E6). I guess one also needs to agree to be traded or sold (to pnda), which bubu most likely would have refused before roster lock in order to open up that pro league spot.

So for this disaster to make sense E6 must have stuck around till roster lock (to legally submit the roster including bubu) and then selling the team and spot to pnda. Pnda then released bubu to not look bad.

E6 made more money by selling an actual spot in the pro league and bubu got srewed!

Sad...

And not only will they not get punished. They say "well technically he didn't break any rules"..