FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I didn't make my account to downvote you. I've been lurking for quite sometime now and I decided that I should be more involved with the competitive halo community now that I'm an org owner.

What org?

I've been getting to know Brett (Naded) ever since his departure from Winterfox a little over a year ago today. I believe brett is an honest man with a high degree of integrity. With all of this team changing after fall finals things became very chaotic. As the dust settle Brett was left with few options unfortunately

and he had made the decision to team with this new Pnda Gaming lineup and he's going to make the best of it as he always does with every team he works with.

As for the pro seed loophole while unethical it was determined to be completely legal. While this certainly deserves some outrage from the community it also provides us with an insight to the reality of the cut throat competitive scene of the HCS. Since this issue has come to light I think it would force the hand of ESL to make neccesary changes that will benefit the Halo scene overall and ensure that such a thing could not take place again.

I keep hearing that their was no choice. But there was a choice and folks chose the wrong one.

If Integrity was a driving factor, then, at the very least, Cratos and Showtime would have allowed the seed to dissolve, and he and his new team could have played for it.

If Integrity were a driving factor for Naded, then he would have left once he understood that the entire situation was unethical.

It's pretty clear that integrity has nothing to do with anyone's decisions here. It was all about personal gain.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That's why you have a red-bar.

Also, people are literally making accounts just to downvote my posts and then leave.

If I've really become that much of a nuisance, then just one person say the word, and I'll leave.

w5fvWo9.png

leave

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Cooper > AirKick

And thanks @@Naded for explaining your side. Will always be a fan of your streams and gameplay.

Thanks my friend! 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I always thought shady and unethical went hand in hand

????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't know, for me it seemed like Carlos had a choice to keep a seed within the rules and he did, I do not see anything wrong with that from a business standpoint, obviously he could of been nice and gave them the seed but not very many people are nice when it comes to teams and things like that. Trust me I would know, I have been screwed over more than anyone with teams.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I would love to see a video from you talking about the Boss Nasti days/your time with him. Very confusing times

definitely! I have talked about it on stream before but I will be happy to make a video explaining any topics people from the Halo community that people would like to see

• Upvote (+1) 7

Getting too old to care for any negativity in my life ;)

This is what people say when they can't face reality

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Winter is coming... (on mobile, cant provide a pic but check out bubu's/shotzzy's/falcated's emblem)

Winter is coming... (on mobile, cant provide a pic but check out bubu's/shotzzy's/falcated's emblem)

You may be on to something, but Shotzzy has had that emblem since forever.

Forget about the downvote man, I was just kidding with you. No hard feelings.

Also this is totally unrelated, but I have a 2.3 KDA while playing at a Platinum 5 level.

I smurfed and got a 18.9 KDA. I got ranked Gold II.

Halo 5's ranks are perfect  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

What cratos did was wrong but I like how all of you are so high and mighty to not do the same thing if given the chance.

What makes it hard to know that you wouldn't do the same thing?

Really sucks that Team Bubu are in this position (and the AM teams that go up against them). Only team with enough raw talent (besides Liquid) that might be able to beat nV/OG come Worlds time in my opinion. 

Generic naded talk about lets all be positive and if I smile all is forgotten

Honestly you talking about making all this bad ass content is equvilant to 343 getting on here and saying H5 radar, AR's and servers will be tested and fixed for 2017.

In reality we'll get a req drop, and Naded will retire again after freaking out and then citing personal issues but he's too positive to let the haters bring him down.

Btw love the streams when you do them Naded, no one quite has you're touch and personality, unfortunately history has made me skeptical about how long they'll last.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're not reading carefully enough. It's not bubu's contract that gave E6 the spot. It's the fact that E6 happened to control bubu AND Cratos. Two players who were on the same pro league team. By giving up bubu, they're giving up the seed. But there's nothing in his contract that specifically gives E6 the seed. This is the important phrase:

That's not a typo. E6 has two players' rights to THEIR right to have a pro league spot. The pro league spot belongs to bubu dubu, so long as he's teaming with another member of the former E6 team. Since they also happened to have Cratos under contract, E6 held the pro league spot. But it's only in happenstance. It's not because of anything in the contract itself. 

There is NOTHING bubu dubu and Shooter could have done to prevent this, contract or no. Whatever Showtime submitted is the E6 roster. He could have submitted Shooter and Suspector- the two players not under E6 contract- and those two would hold the E6 seed. The manager- not the org, not the players- has 100% control over any and all team changes. If the manager happens to be employed by the org, then yes, the org effectively controls the team changes, but if the manager goes rogue, if the manager disobeys whatever his org tells him to submit, ESL isn't going to listen to the org. They're going to listen to the manager, because that's what the rules state.

That being said, you are correct in saying that E6 just wanted to sell "their" spot for money. I'm not disputing that. But bubu dubu wasn't screwed over because of E6 and his contract, he was screwed over because of Showtime.

They have those rights BECAUSE of Bubu's contract.  Without the contract they don't have the spot.  Which doesn't align with ESL's statement that it has nothing to do with contracts.  If contracts truly weren't part of the issue, that would mean that the same thing could've happened even if Bubu had never signed a contract.  I don't think that's the case.  I was just trying to get some clarification since their statement about contracts is being contradicted by basically everyone involved in the situation that's chosen to talk about it.

If it had been said from the beginning that Bubu was/is still under contract with E6 (or whoever that contract has since passed to), and therefore they have the right to list him on their roster, I would've thought it was stupid, but understandable.  I've just been trying to understand the situation considering the explanation given by Vivi, and the most logical conclusion I can come to is that he lied regarding contracts (which I highly doubt), he misspoke, or I completely misunderstood his meaning (but I can't see how that would be the case since it was a very black and white statement).

• Upvote (+1) 4