CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

doing what cratos did would keep anyone from teaming with you ever again. if i'm good enough and a good team player, i have a better chance of getting on a new team if i need it

How long has he been the mosted hated pro? And how has that stopped him from getting a team?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You're not reading carefully enough. It's not bubu's contract that gave E6 the spot. It's the fact that E6 happened to control bubu AND Cratos. Two players who were on the same pro league team. By giving up bubu, they're giving up the seed. But there's nothing in his contract that specifically gives E6 the seed. This is the important phrase:

That's not a typo. E6 has two players' rights to THEIR right to have a pro league spot. The pro league spot belongs to bubu dubu, so long as he's teaming with another member of the former E6 team. Since they also happened to have Cratos under contract, E6 held the pro league spot. But it's only in happenstance. It's not because of anything in the contract itself.

There is NOTHING bubu dubu and Shooter could have done to prevent this, contract or no. Whatever Showtime submitted is the E6 roster. He could have submitted Shooter and Suspector- the two players not under E6 contract- and those two would hold the E6 seed. The manager- not the org, not the players- has 100% control over any and all team changes. If the manager happens to be employed by the org, then yes, the org effectively controls the team changes, but if the manager goes rogue, if the manager disobeys whatever his org tells him to submit, ESL isn't going to listen to the org. They're going to listen to the manager, because that's what the rules state.

That being said, you are correct in saying that E6 just wanted to sell "their" spot for money. I'm not disputing that. But bubu dubu wasn't screwed over because of E6 and his contract, he was screwed over because of Showtime.

We will have to agree to disagree. I fully understand why e6 held the spot with bubu being part of the e6 roster (I'm saying there were ways for him to officially be removed without all this happening just that he couldn't do it and the p who could didn't because they are trash humans). But he said;

"he had given E6 the right to his right to the league spot in his contract"

And this is not even close to the first time someone involved has brought up the importance of the contract so clearly it does matter (ALG owner just brought it up again!). I hope someone at ESL will come here and tell us both what would have happened if e6 dropped the team before roster submission. I suspect there would have been a bunch of other things set in motion of that had happened and the outcome would have made a lot more sense.

What cratos did was wrong but I like how all of you are so high and mighty to not do the same thing if given the chance.

No, I can make money without being a bottom feeding scumbag. Bubu was supposed to be his friend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk what I can say that would fix anything or make anything right. I didn't join this team for a pro seed, and I really wouldn't care if we had one or not, i'm just happy to finally have a good team to work towards Worlds with. Obviously I don't wan't want to benefit from someone else's expense, especially if I didn't earn it myself, but I'm not sure what to do. If I left this team my Halo career would basically be over because all the other pros think I'm some sort of scumbag degenerate at this point, so I would have no shot of working my way onto another pro team in the future. I guess everyone can hate me if you want, but I feel like I need to ride it out with this team regardless of how the community feels towards us.

I swear there is some sick social study going on here... Just picturing some guys in labs coats, lets see what type of price these kids will pay for a pro league spot. Teaming with Cratos? Impossible. Oh my look at the justifications they have for their actions. None. Interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How long has he been the mosted hated pro? And how has that stopped him from getting a team?

huge difference from being a trash talker and dick to being someone who will actively steal your pro league spot and lie to you about it

• Upvote (+1) 1

No we've deffo talked about it, ive sat down and looked at how this came to be/had it explained to me and it did work out this way, every rule in each set of events were abided by which got us to this point. I can fully appreciate both sides of the coin here as I see all povs on the situation from a neutral ground.

I've not been as vocal with you guys on this topic personally as i was not directly involved in it. I didn't see the steps and the process's taken from start to finish and wasnt involved with the players so it would be unethical for me to pass comment on what happened and how.

I have a couple of recommendations moving forward based on Shooter's post:

• The team manager confirmation (before & after the season) is a MUST. The means of verifying this is up to the league, but every member of the team needs to vote on the team's manager. I'm only mentioning this because it seemed like Suspector abstained from this process & it was therefore left unchanged. 
  • Communication on roster disputes needs to involve all parties in a TIMELY manner. The fact that Cratos can discuss a loophole with league representatives without Shooter & bubu dubu present is a blatant red flag. All parties should be present in an important conversation like that to establish an informative line of communication regarding the matter. Also, bubu dubu and Shooter not being contacted & informed by league representatives until 11 days after(approximately) & one day before the roster lock is just a fatal error of communication.

It is super unfortunate that a situation like this could occur but i hope that there will be a proper set of rules that can protect players from being blindsided. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Idk what I can say that would fix anything or make anything right. I didn't join this team for a pro seed, and I really wouldn't care if we had one or not, i'm just happy to finally have a good team to work towards Worlds with. Obviously I don't wan't want to benefit from someone else's expense, especially if I didn't earn it myself, but I'm not sure what to do. If I left this team my Halo career would basically be over because all the other pros think I'm some sort of scumbag degenerate at this point, so I would have no shot of working my way onto another pro team in the future. I guess everyone can hate me if you want, but I feel like I need to ride it out with this team regardless of how the community feels towards us.

Well, I don't know what you can do NOW as I'm not aware of the current rules. But I think the 3 of you should have formed a team without cratos and showtime, leave the pro spot to dissolve, pick up a decent 4th and competed through AM.

I know you've worked hard to make a name in the league. I think you've done a commendable job of it to this point and you seems to be talented. But continuing down this path, I personally feel will hurt all of your careers moving forward and is short sighted. Showing some integrity and backbone would have most likely elevated your future prospects in the Halo pro scene.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can I ask why you think teaming with Cratos gives you a better chance of continuing (kind of starting at this point) a pro career in any legitimate capacity (let's be real- your Pro League berth does not count, illegitimate and poorly-earned as it is), rather than admitting that the situation is bullshit and you'd rather wait and team with players who have actual backbones?

Your choice is leaving you with one, maybe two pro choices in Cratos and Str8 Sick.

You and Brett are taking the same approach. "Uh it was really hands off for me so uh... I didn't make the decision myself but uh I'd still like to reap the rewards born from someone else's undeserved suffering." That logic is so irrational it's not even funny. It's sad that Problem Solvers and Inconceivable, two squads full of actual pro players, are playing through the open bracket while an AM, two bottom-feeders and a guy who openly admits he doesn't want to play on the team get a free pass.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That is a tough position.

You're not reading carefully enough. It's not bubu's contract that gave E6 the spot. It's the fact that E6 happened to control bubu AND Cratos. Two players who were on the same pro league team. By giving up bubu, they're giving up the seed. But there's nothing in his contract that specifically gives E6 the seed. This is the important phrase:

That's not a typo. E6 has two players' rights to THEIR right to have a pro league spot. The pro league spot belongs to bubu dubu, so long as he's teaming with another member of the former E6 team. Since they also happened to have Cratos under contract, E6 held the pro league spot. But it's only in happenstance. It's not because of anything in the contract itself.

There is NOTHING bubu dubu and Shooter could have done to prevent this, contract or no. Whatever Showtime submitted is the E6 roster. He could have submitted Shooter and Suspector- the two players not under E6 contract- and those two would hold the E6 seed. The manager- not the org, not the players- has 100% control over any and all team changes. If the manager happens to be employed by the org, then yes, the org effectively controls the team changes, but if the manager goes rogue, if the manager disobeys whatever his org tells him to submit, ESL isn't going to listen to the org. They're going to listen to the manager, because that's what the rules state.

That being said, you are correct in saying that E6 just wanted to sell "their" spot for money. I'm not disputing that. But bubu dubu wasn't screwed over because of E6 and his contract, he was screwed over because of Showtime.

I think the part you are missing in this is that without e6s ownership, Showtimes position as manager would not have been safe. The only reason he couldn't be voted out was because the owners could veto it.

Of course, no one knew that voting him out would be neccisary since the rules appear to imply that the manage only comes into play when two TO2's are claiming the seed. And Bubu and Shooter were the only TO2 remaining from the e6 squad and would LOGICALLY get the seed by default.

Has ESL been as cooperative with Shooter and Bubu as they were with Cratos, earlier in the process, then this crisis could have been avoided. It would have taken help from Suspector (who didn't seem interested, But knowledge that Cratos could royally dick someone without his vote might have swayed him a bit.

What are the forums and @@Shooter complaining about in regards to the pro seed?  Gross negligence by ESL and 343 staff allowed it to take place, but @@Cratos was SMART and used a LEGAL loophole in the roster system.

Are you going to keep ESL jobs in America or are you going to keep letting them go over to Europe!

• Upvote (+1) 4

What are the forums and @@Shooter complaining about in regards to the pro seed?  Gross negligence by ESL and 343 staff allowed it to take place, but @@Cratos was SMART and used a LEGAL loophole in the roster system.

this whole situation has been a big loss for the fans who might have to watch an inferior team in PL/HWC & the am players who now have to compete with pro teams

this is only good for cratos and is bad for the scene overall

i'm not mad at cratos though, i'm mad that this was allowed to happen

https://twitter.com/PndaGaming/status/821184014690041856

• Upvote (+1) 7

I plan on pumping out new episodes Beyond Rewind and The Gauntlet sometime after St. Louis. My only concern is that I don't want these videos to be "outdated" so quickly because of roster changes. Are the current HCS rosters locked in until worlds or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Excited for this season. Hopefully Naded and crew do well and create more hate/drama. Also, str8 top1.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 27

LOL i am a little to old for Safe spaces.  I guess i knew coming on here with mostly young youth wouldnt serve a purpose.  I probably had your state of mind 10 years ago.

Excited for this season. Hopefully Naded and crew do well and create more hate/drama. Also, str8 top1.

So mature :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1