CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

we've all been playing checkers but he's been playing chess for years

Yo I just died
  • Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 56

Simms, I know there's nothing you can really do, but have there been any rumblings at all of some sort of punishment for Cratos? There HAS to be something, this can't be justified to any sane person.

It's already been confirmed by Vivi that this was all done in discussions with the league. As unethical and terrible as it is, it was done within the current rules of the league, and they communicated with the league to make sure they were doing it correctly. In what possible world can Cratos or anyone else on his side be punished?

This gives ESL/343 a huge black eye and makes them look really bad for having a rule set that could allow this to happen, but there is zero grounds for punishing those that did it. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Amazing storyline tbh

I will certainly watch all E6 games now with the hope that they get 100-0'd on Rig Strongholds.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Although he's an asshole, I am genuinely impressed by the creative solutions Cratos finds to problems. Although the Stellur thing didn't work exactly the way he thought, the idea itself was neat. Same with this one.

It's surprisingly easy to not have any problems when you have zero regard for anyone else in the world.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I never really understood why people thought contracts were involved at all.

Probably because it has been said multiple times that bubu's contract gabe control of his spot to e6 and their "voted on manager representative". No contract and they PROBABLY could have fought against the roster submitted with more validity.

And once again I still say e6 could have just released players before roster lock and walked away, but clearly it was about money or they wouldn't have been "shopping player contracts and pro seed to ALG for purchase at a high cost". The info posted shows me they knew what was happening. They might not have done the act but sure sounds like they were an accomplice.

The manager thing reminds me a bit of discussion during this election where ppl told representatives to vote contrary to what the majority of their constituents votes for and they were supposed to represent because "technically" they are allowed to. But most ppl agree that would be wrong and not in the spirit of our Democratic system.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's already been confirmed by Vivi that this was all done in discussions with the league. As unethical and terrible as it is, it was done within the current rules of the league, and they communicated with the league to make sure they were doing it correctly. In what possible world can Cratos or anyone else on his side be punished?

This gives ESL/343 a huge black eye and makes them look really bad for having a rule set that could allow this to happen, but there is zero grounds for punishing those that did it.

The fact that this was done with the help of the league makes it that much worse. They knowingly helped screw a legitimate team of 2 out of a pro league spot. They showed them how to manipulate the league rules. It is Beyond(wink) messed up and further illustrates the lack of integrity among the staff in charge of this "professional" league.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 things: always been shady of Naded, and I feel this establishes a better reason for it

and @@Shooter I think you are meaning to use the word "owned" instead of "honed"

you hone a skill, you own up to something

• Upvote (+1) 3

Funny that I've heard multiple times Cratos talk about all he cares about is playing with friends and it's not about the money. Then he goes and does this shit to his friends(probably ex now). Yourself first I guess?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably because it has been said multiple times that bubu's contract gabe control of his spot to e6 and their "voted on manager representative". No contract and they PROBABLY could have fought against the roster submitted with more validity.

And once again I still say e6 could have just released players before roster lock and walked away, but clearly it was about money or they wouldn't have been "shopping player contracts and pro seed to ALG for purchase at a high cost". The info posted shows me they knew what was happening. They might not have done the act but sure sounds like they were an accomplice.

The manager thing reminds me a bit of discussion during this election where ppl told representatives to vote contrary to what the majority of their constituents votes for and they were supposed to represent because "technically" they are allowed to. But most ppl agree that would be wrong and not in the spirit of our Democratic system.

I never saw anything about bubu's contract, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. And I'm not sure why you think the org could have done anything. The rules state that the manager has control over "any and all team changes." If the manager goes rogue and submits some bullshit roster, the org can punish the manager themselves if he's employed by them (and he doesn't have to be- the manager can be anyone that isn't a player), but ESL is going to listen to the manager. Not the org. Because the org doesn't hold the pro league spot, the players and the manager do.