CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel you @Shooter and Bubu, this is beyond bullshit.

I like how 343 and ESL are not able to respond to this situation. I'm sure their previous statement will hold no matter what happens with the rest of this situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldnt hold my breath for any kind of clarification or even acknowledgment of how completely ridiculous and backwards this is. They only come here to keep up appearances and offer bullspit platitudes. Not a single 343 or esl employee has ever said anything of substance or truth here. I am so fed up with the lack of accountability, integrity and transparency. I have lost all respect for everyone involved with running this farce of a pro league. My high school intramural laser tag league had more integrity and competitive merit than the HCS.

What about Simms?

Edit: Simms himself beat me to it.

Wait...I'm totally confused now.  Vivi said that contracts weren't a factor in this.  If that's true, then this doesn't make much sense to me...

Does a 'league spot' literally belong to the manager, and not to the players that earned it?  That can't be true either, or Bubu's name wouldn't have been required for the league spot because Showtime would've had it no matter what.  I assume that this actually WAS possible because Bubu's contract hasn't been transferred, and that the previous comment about contracts not being a factor was a misstatement?  Can we get some clarification?  @@Vivi

I never really understood why people thought contracts were involved at all.

The league spot belongs to the players, but the manager is 100% responsible for any and all team changes. You're "required" to keep two players from your original roster if you want to retain your pro league spot. So, Showtime submitted a roster of Cratos, bubu dubu, and two other players. This means that this roster kept E6's pro league spot/seed. Bubu dubu has no say in it. He's on this team. However, since bubu dubu submitted a different roster, this counts as bubu dubu leaving the E6 roster and joining this new team. 

When a player leaves a team, that team is allowed to replace the player at no penalty to themselves. So, since bubu dubu was technically on the E6 team and he has now technically left that team to join his team with Shooter, Cratos was able to replace bubu dubu with his new fourth player, and he completely got around the rule requiring you to have two original team members in order to keep your spot. 

EDIT: Also, there are rules that require a player to be penalized if they leave a team when rosters are locked, so bubu dubu will also face some form of penalty for doing absolutely nothing except associating with Cratos at some point in his life.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great post @@Shooter. Cannot imagine how ESL is ok with this garbage. 

Come on ESL, we know that you have the power to do the RIGHT thing. Though I doubt anything will happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not going to lie, i quoted this while catching up in my hotel room on mobile not realising Ryan had posted this so my reply came without seeing his post. Apologise if this looked ignorant or inconsiderate.

Simms, I know there's nothing you can really do, but have there been any rumblings at all of some sort of punishment for Cratos? There HAS to be something, this can't be justified to any sane person.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never really understood why people thought contracts were involved at all.

The league spot belongs to the players, but the manager is 100% responsible for any and all team changes. You're "required" to keep two players from your original roster if you want to retain your pro league spot. So, Showtime submitted a roster of Cratos, bubu dubu, and two other players. This means that this roster kept E6's pro league spot/seed. Bubu dubu has no say in it. He's on this team. However, since bubu dubu submitted a different roster, this counts as bubu dubu leaving the E6 roster and joining this new team. 

When a player leaves a team, that team is allowed to replace the player at no penalty to themselves. So, since bubu dubu was technically on the E6 team and he has now technically left that team to join his team with Shooter, Cratos was able to replace bubu dubu with his new fourth player, and he completely got around the rule requiring you to have two original team members in order to keep your spot. 

EDIT: Also, there are rules that require a player to be penalized if they leave a team when rosters are locked, so bubu dubu will also face some form of penalty for doing absolutely nothing except associating with Cratos at some point in his life.

The problem with this is that it makes literally no sense why the system would be set up this way. In this situation, ESL is saying Showtime could submit a roster of Cratos, Bubu, Shooter, and Suspector and they'd all be forced to play on that team, even though three of them have no interest in it. You're apparently not allowed to leave a team, even when you have no contract, unless your manager says you can. A manager that nobody knew had any power whatsoever before this situation. This means that unless Cratos' team gets relegated, it is literally not possible for the other 3 players on his team to drop him because the team manager will not agree to it. So unless they vote to change the team manager (which nobody knew was necessary before now), they're fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not going to lie, i quoted this while catching up in my hotel room on mobile not realising Ryan had posted this so my reply came without seeing his post. Apologise if this looked ignorant or inconsiderate.

It's OK @@TheSimms, we love you

Simms, I know there's nothing you can really do, but have there been any rumblings at all of some sort of punishment for Cratos? There HAS to be something, this can't be justified to any sane person.

I am just curious if this has come up again in the office or if this is something that they are trying to sweep under the rug and pretend never happened. The community won't let that happen, but it has turned into quite the mess overall. (Nothing against Simms because he is bae)

Wow, that Shooter post is beyond everything. Thank you so much for taking the time writing this.

And Naded....I am so disappointed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How hard was it to have some foresight and require an electronic signature with the manager's roster submission?

• Upvote (+1) 8

We are all just pawns living in Cratos' world 

:apg:  :wutface:  then I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Upvote (+1) 1

Addressing the whole situation about our pro seed:

- Shooter

Great post. I love to see this kind of transparency. Sucks that you guys got screwed over like that. 

"own it" is the phrase you were looking for btw.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 8