CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What do you guys think of the needler in place of the song of peace?

• Downvote (-1) 1

343 really needs to fix its garbage servers

I think most of the blame goes to Microsoft because I'm sure its their servers. 343 still gets some blame because their game relies so much on good servers. Like is their another gaming where aim feels bad on crappy servers? Why is that? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Both pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nope, but I have some roybox t-shirts if you want? Only 50 bucks.

rxlWj7L.png

I'm pretty sure I would burst into flames if I put that shirt on

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm pretty sure I would burst into flames if I put that shirt on

Why?

Because it's that fucking lit? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Amazing. It's saving Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Both pointless.

Interesting. What do you think that in combination with silenced ARs says about 343's mindset when designing settings?

Interesting. What do you that in combination with silenced ARs says about 343's mindset when designing settings?

meh

I think most of the blame goes to Microsoft because I'm sure its their servers. 343 still gets some blame because their game relies so much on good servers. Like is their another gaming where aim feels bad on crappy servers? Why is that?

I dont think the problem is actually the servers themselves. Titan Fall 1 uses the same servers and has always been reliable and fast. Other MS games like Forza, Gears and Killer Instint are also much more reliable using the same servers. Not only that but countless companies rely on MS servers for more important tasks daily.

This issue is 343s netcode.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What I don't understand is why the game feels so much different on a good server vs a bad one. on a bad server the reticle seems slower, the shots don't reg, the AR seems to shred faster, I feel like I get stuck on walls more. Maybe I'm headcasing but has anyone else noticed this? Am I crazy?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Horrible. Needlers can't get kills unless someone is standing still.

I want the boltshot there

• Downvote (-1) 2

I don't want the boltshot anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Needlers get kills if the person isn't looking at you when you start firing.

It's a shitty weapon, but don't undersell it THAT hard.

I dont think the problem is actually the servers themselves. Titan Fall 1 uses the same servers and has always been reliable and fast. Other MS games like Forza, Gears and Killer Instint are also much more reliable using the same servers. Not only that but countless companies rely on MS servers for more important tasks daily.

This issue is 343s netcode.

I can go into plenty of detail but the short of it is that you are right.  The issue is not with the servers.  I have a netduma router and can limit my matchmaking selection of servers to the closest azure datacenter to myself (virginia) where I ping about 30 ms on average.  In 10 games, and even on a crispy ass server like this, every game the aiming feels different (heavy, normal, super responsive).  This also goes hand in hand with the strange fact that playing on the PC feels 10000% better than it does on the console and it feels like this on any server - good or bad.  The issue is NOT connection driven but is either entirely how the H5 netcode is written for the console or is due to the dynamic resolution scaling/shitty vsync quality OR maybe a combination of both.  I've spent countless hours tinkering with about every setting I know...which is part of the reason I dropped $200 on a router just for H5 and its awful ass aiming issues on the console.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This thread .... can we go back to shitting on Cratos ???

tumblr_inline_n00bb6Rg7y1rgzq2t.gif

• Downvote (-1) 1

Needlers get kills if the person isn't looking at you when you start firing.

It's a shitty weapon, but don't undersell it THAT hard.

Lmao that's an even worse sell