Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

tier 1 - football / basketball

tier 2 - hockey / baseball

tier 3  - MMA / Golf / soccer 

(NA)

Where's NASCAR?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nice save. 

lol dude relax.  "fixed that for you" is the most innocuous way of changing something someone else said and is usually used in a joking manner.

Besides, everything on the internet is fake. don't you know that?

I know that correcting people is kind of your self-appointed job around here but maybe I posted this video because it uses specific examples from Overwatch and relates them to these pillars of skill?  

Holy defensive!

(NA)

Those would be the tiers of the very top tier. 

Tier 2: would be something like volleyball or boxing. 

Tier 3: Pool, water polo etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

lol no problem, its all good.  Tibby can be blunt and detailed, but he's not generally a straight up dick.

And has the dryest humor of any human that has every lived. :simms:

Dry humor is my kryptonite because I miss the subtlety of it.  :P  

I think you have to think of Football as an outlier.  It smashes every other sport in terms of ratings but Hockey and baseball are still huge sports.  Baseball easily has the biggest contracts.  And golf i think is tier 1.  There aren't as many total players because its not a team game, but there are a lot of tournaments that have huge purses plus endorsement deals.

I forgot about MMA though. I would put that Tier 2.

Tier 3 to me are sports like Lacrosse.  Sports where the professionals in them still have to have other jobs outside the sport.

i would put hockey and golf in a tier below football/basketball/baseball. you could go anywhere in the us and talk to someone about football. most everyone knows the game/has a team they follow. i dont think you can have the same level of awareness with hockey. living in dc we have every major sport, and caps fans really love their team, but the beginning of hockey season does not have the same effect as the beginning of the redskins season or opening day for the nats. soccer would be tier 3 since most people forget about dc united and they play in a crappier stadium and such.

you make a good point about the money though. most of these sports still make millionaires out of its stars. i wish halo would do single player endorsements (like red bull with walsh and enable) it would allow sponsors to get their name out while letting rostermania live on

(NA)

Soccer teir 3? You trying to catch a beating? Ever see soccer fans riot?  :kappa:

Tier 1- Soccer

Tier-3 - Everything else

y4sJHjc.gif

I'm American but I can't help myself. I find American Football bored as fuck and I can't watch Basketball more then 5 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think you have to think of Football as an outlier.  It smashes every other sport in terms of ratings but Hockey and baseball are still huge sports.  Baseball easily has the biggest contracts.  And golf i think is tier 1.  There aren't as many total players because its not a team game, but there are a lot of tournaments that have huge purses plus endorsement deals.

I forgot about MMA though. I would put that Tier 2.

Tier 3 to me are sports like Lacrosse.  Sports where the professionals in them still have to have other jobs outside the sport.

Golf might have a lot of money per person but viewership wise its not even close. Plus a lot of kids play baseball/football/basketball growing up (that would be the equivalent to MAU IMO) but not a lot play golf. 

I'd say

Tier 1: NFL NBA MLB

Tier 2: NHL NCAAF

Tier 3: MLS NCAAB PGA 

Tier 4: WNBA esports

• Upvote (+1) 1

ITT  Americans trying to argue which sports are tier 1  :kappa:

Serious: All you have listed is Tier 1.. Soccer, Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey .

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry, I got defensive. Pls forgive  :mj: NotLikeThis I'm bad at foruming.

It's all good.

Admittedly, my tone isn't the easiest to read on forums if you're not used to it, but I was complimenting the video, not attacking you.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ITT  Americans trying to argue which sports are tier 1  :kappa:

Serious: All you have listed is Tier 1.. Soccer, Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey .

Lol, Soccer in america is not Tier 1.  Not even close.  If you say to anybody in the country "name all the professional sports leagues you can name off the top of your head" 90% of people will go, "NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL".  I bet the vast majority would leave MLS off the list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol, Soccer in america is not Tier 1.  Not even close.  If you say to anybody in the country "name all the professional sports leagues you can name off the top of your head" 90% of people will go, "NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL".  I bet the vast majority would leave MLS off the list.

yeah but the world does not consist of only America.. and technically America being NA+ SA it would be tier 1 ( Though I also meant the US in my post ofc)

The esport list was worldwide aswell wasn't it? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I came to say I had you beat by a week but will hold my tongue in that regard. 

I was surprised that Rainbow Six didn't make it on the Tier 3 list because I'm sure it has 500K MAU across PS4/Xbox/PC and it fulfills the prize pool requirement. 

SFV is smaller than Smash Bros and streaming isn't that great. It's never in the top tier of Twitch that I see at least. 

SFV is not smaller than Smash Bros, they had 5k entrants at Evo last year and the Capcom Tour alone is proof enough of how globalized SF is.

something something HWC seeds, IRL sports tier rankings, and discussion thread

did I do that right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah but the world does not consist of only America.. and technically America being NA+ SA it would be tier 1 ( Though I also meant the US in my post ofc)

The esport list was worldwide aswell wasn't it? 

This is true.  Planet wide, soccer dwarfs pretty much everything else. I'm just sticking to NA since i'm a New Englander (Go Pats!) and its pretty much all my uncultured ass knows lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is true.  Planet wide, soccer dwarfs pretty much everything else. I'm just sticking to NA since i'm a New Englander (Go Pats!) and its pretty much all my uncultured ass knows lol.

in fairness the pats, are probably one of the most globally recognized brands in the nfl. 

I can only think of a few others.

The rest are not marketable outside of the us, something the nfl is drastically trying to change by holding games internationally.