-wrinkled pants
-odd shoes
-dirty hair
-weird looking shadow
-suspicious pants bulge

2/10 would not bang

thats UK fashion mate

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anywhere we can see the results of the seeding tourney? Been out of loop for past week cause of family things...

Also, how did Ryanoob's team do?

It's not there yet but it's going to be massive. They're forcing the Orgs present to be buffed by proper sports teams, interesting to follow.

https://www.over.gg/2633/miami-heat-invest-in-misfits

Overwatch is going to be massive, but I honestly think it's a terrible game within the context of eSports. There's too much stuff going on at all times and the spectator view is incapable of catching all the action going on. I enjoy playing the game and I enjoy watching the game from a single person's perspective, but spectator mode is really hard to follow when it jumps from one player to another within like 5 seconds. I'm also not a huge fan of how hard Blizzard was forcing it as an eSport before it even came out. All other eSports, as far as I know, became eSports organically and not because their publishing company was pushing it as an eSport. But that's just a personal aside.

• Upvote (+1) 7

People severely underestimate how big Overwatch already is and how big it's going to become. Well deserved because it's one of the most competitive and balanced games out right now. The developer support and communication from Blizzard is something I can only dream about Halo having. :/

They have some of the dev support in the industry, no doubt. I have been interested in the fact that some prominent players like Summit seem to be getting frustrated with the game though (He recently said he thinks Paladins is more skill based.) Very interested to watch its development though. 

Also, since Hearthstone is tier one, I would argue that he forgot to add online Poker and Blackjack to the list as well.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

FYI guys, the businessman who does the yearly eSorts games tier list has updated the list with 2016 data. The Halo franchise has maintained its position as a tier 2 eSport, ranking in the same tier as CoD, Smite, SC2 and more. It should be noted that OW is listed as T2 due to prize pool but should probably be considered a T1 game with what tournament organizers have planned for 2017. Here's the link to the full article where the author gives a couple explanations of the results. I am a little concerned that SFV isn't on the list at all, I can only imagine that the low online MAU is what kept it off (which may not be fair given how much of the playerbase plays offline and how big a prize pool and streaming presence the game has). This obviously isn't a perfect way to rank eSport popularity and there can be big gaps between games that are within the same tiers, but it's statistical approach does provide nice food for thought for those who are consistently comparing Halo to other titles.

I came to say I had you beat by a week but will hold my tongue in that regard. 

I was surprised that Rainbow Six didn't make it on the Tier 3 list because I'm sure it has 500K MAU across PS4/Xbox/PC and it fulfills the prize pool requirement. 

SFV is smaller than Smash Bros and streaming isn't that great. It's never in the top tier of Twitch that I see at least. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They have some of the dev support in the industry, no doubt. I have been interested in the fact that some prominent players like Summit seem to be getting frustrated with the game though (He recently said he thinks Paladins is more skill based.) Very interested to watch its development though. 

Also, since Hearthstone is tier one, I would argue that he forgot to add online Poker and Blackjack to the list as well.  :simms:

Firstly, I went to quote your post and hit the neg button because I haven't had my coffee yet.  Sorry. :(

Second, Summit pretty much gets frustrated with anything so I wouldn't use that as a barometer. :P  That said, Overwatch is much more reliant on team play and abilities than actual aim.  It may not require as much micro skill as a game like CS at the top end but communication and game sense are very important.

Edit:  This is an excellent video on the different pillars of skill in Overwatch, if you're interested. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

thats UK fashion mate

My shoes aren't odd you cheeky shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Edit:  This is an excellent video on the different pillars of skill in Overwatch, literally every competitive team game if you're interested. 

Fixed that for you.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What are some tier 2 sports IRL for comparison? 

Hard to make a direct comparison, since most professional sports earnings is salary/endorsements as opposed to prize money.

Id say hockey. Its very popular but it could never beat football in terms of ratings

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fixed that for you.

I know that correcting people is kind of your self-appointed job around here but maybe I posted this video because it uses specific examples from Overwatch and relates them to these pillars of skill?  

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

tier 1 - football / basketball

tier 2 - hockey / baseball

tier 3  - MMA / Golf / soccer 

(NA)

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats a damn good question...

In the U.S. soccer would be Tier 2, even though in the rest of the world its clearly Tier 1.

So Tier 1: American Football, Basketball, Baseball, Golf and Hockey.

Tier 2: Soccer, Canadian Football

I know that correcting people is kind of your self-appointed job around here but maybe I posted this video because it uses specific examples from Overwatch and relates them to these pillars of skill?  

The point is that the examples he's using are great to take note of regardless of your team game of choice.

Most people pay attention to Micro (Aiming, Mechanical Execution) skill and ignore Macro (Immediate Game Sense, Positioning) and Meta (understanding your role at any given time, understanding how people generally play)...and then adds on an additional layer many people don't even acknowledge exists: Management (Shotcalling and Composure.)

Really no need for you to get defensive over my post.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

tier 1 - football / basketball

tier 2 - hockey / baseball

tier 3  - MMA / Golf / soccer 

(NA)

I think you have to think of Football as an outlier.  It smashes every other sport in terms of ratings but Hockey and baseball are still huge sports.  Baseball easily has the biggest contracts.  And golf i think is tier 1.  There aren't as many total players because its not a team game, but there are a lot of tournaments that have huge purses plus endorsement deals.

I forgot about MMA though. I would put that Tier 2.

Tier 3 to me are sports like Lacrosse.  Sports where the professionals in them still have to have other jobs outside the sport.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The point is that the examples he's using are great to take note of regardless of your team game of choice.

Most people pay attention to Micro (Aiming) skill and ignore Macro (Immediate Game Sense, Positioning) and Meta (understanding your role at any given time, understanding how people generally play)...and then adds on an additional layer most people ignore: Management (Shotcalling and Composure.)

Really no need for you to get defensive over my post.

Nice save. 

• Downvote (-1) 1