CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Replace Stasis with Mercy Extraction. Could you imagine? This is technically possible btw.

Extraction is possible? Through forge? You sir have my complete and full attention.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been thinking a lot about that lately. I understand the reasons for it considering the movement, but I just feel like the frag blast radius is more like a tactical nuke than a grenade. Paired with the hit markers is unnecessary. There was absolutely no reason to have hit markers in Halo to begin with. Absolutely 0. You can justify sprint, radar and hell, loadouts more than hit markers.

Agreed, I've always seen H5's nades as a throwable extension of the radar. It is more hand-holding for the player. Crucial information gifted and not earned.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I like a lot of these changes and feel that they are a step in the right direction, but radar absolutely needs to be removed. Honestly, there's no meaningful argument towards keeping it other than 343 couldn't possibly remove it, and that's a terrible reason to not make a push for something so necessary.

Other main issues are too many autos still and too many rifles available in place of the pistol on maps.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Agreed, I've always seen H5's nades as a throwable extension of the radar. It is more hand-holding for the player. Crucial information gifted and not earned.

Free information?

Wait...

It's almost like...

There's a pattern...

41293_shocked-sudden-realization-glasses

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wait..... Silenced ARs all over the place. What if Radar is only when firing/sprinting/Spartan ability. Silenced ARs would then actually make sense. All hope is not lost. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

90% sure it has a slower TTK than the AR

It has solid range though. I think it would be good on maps with Snipers as a descoping tool (if only no scopes weren't so easy).

Just got done playing 8s with Spartan on the new settings. The GL is OK but needs less ammo. Regret is AWESOME now (I've always liked it though). Como on Empire SH doesn't feel right. Truth is a lot better. The Rig is still my least favorite map for Slayer but it's less annoying now.

All and all, good changes, I want to see them at a pro level before I get too excited though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I said the Veto system needed to be tweaked since the beginning. You shouldn't be able to just veto every single gametype you don't like. In a best of 7, give each team 2 vetoes and 2 picks. That leaves 3 random gametypes at the end. I'm sure there's other ways to do it as well, and haven't really thought about if that would work well or not, but it's just an idea. Could be tweaked. 

I just don't think you should be able to eliminate just about everything. Two many repeat gametypes and then repeat maps in one series. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looking to get some answers on why NV(other teams too) wouldn't scrim Optic in the weeks before season finals? I have a few speculations of my own but want others to comment on the topic. Wondering if this will continue into next season as well.

I'm not buying the idea that preserving some "narratives" are a sufficient reason for stifling the competitive potential of the game.

Fair enough. I think between the potential narratives, and also changing the way gametypes will be played (potentially having them played in a manner that 343 isn't wanting), one could make an argument for why 343 doesn't want to change it. I'm not necessarily here to say radar or no radar is better, but I'm offering reasons as to why ripping it out may not be as easy as we think it is.

again false equivalence. this only works if you outright ignore that most of the guys on these teams have ever played without radar, and we have years of evidence to the contrary. snip3down, pistola, royal 2, snakebite, lethul and mikwen didn't start playing comp halo with h5. most of their playstyles (especially ola) thrive without it. never mind that these two teams consist of some the same guys from top teams of the last no radar comp halo title, h2a. hell reach had no radar with sprint so dont give me the "halo 5 plays different without radar" argument. 

I feel like this conversation is over, if you're arguing that there's no way the narrative could potentially be different by not having radar then we are never going to agree. Especially when all you have done is cherry pick my posts and try to dismiss them instead of making an actual argument that refutes the point which is "Narrative is a potential reason as to why we can't just rip out radar".

By the way, Halo 5 without radar is completely different, I will gladly make that argument any day of the week.

Although I would be very disappointed if there is no adjustment to Radar/Autos, I did a walk through of most of the new maps and the new weapon placement is great. Making the storm rifle a tier 2 weapon is a really good idea imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not really all that shocked that radar is still in because 343 is still trying to push for unified settings garbage which clearly doesn't work.

So we're stuck with automatics, radar, 8 second respawn times for a long time.

I'm not really all that shocked that radar is still in because 343 is still trying to push for unified settings garbage which clearly doesn't work.

So we're stuck with automatics, radar, 8 second respawn times for a long time.

I woudn't be so sure. I think the silenced AR might be a signal that Radar may be adjusted now, we only know the maps right now anyways. Any changes to Radar or Autos would have to come in new gametypes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looking to get some answers on why NV(other teams too) wouldn't scrim Optic in the weeks before season finals? I have a few speculations of my own but want others to comment on the topic. Wondering if this will continue into next season as well.

Think of it as teams being strategic and minimising pre tournament information (tendencies, opening strats, rotations, flag routes, buddy systems) that leaking could be detrimental. Teams should always minimise risk whilst trying to gain advantages over their rivals. As far as practising against your primary opponent/obstacle it's probably better just to scrim other teams and work on traits that can't necessarily be countered (comms, smalltalking, decluttering callouts, morale recovery, play calls etc) and surprise your opponents come tournament time. 

It occurs in all forms of competition; less predictability and more knowledge of opponents is always ideal, and NV has executed it twice now.  The importance of coaches can't be understated enough. The team's mindset would be how much can we gain by scrimmaging this team versus how much will they gain from us? It's probably why NV scrimmed  str8 so much: str8 wants to improve, and NV doesn't want to give away too much game knowledge to Liquid/OG, which have proven what they can do to them already on lan. It's also why teamss avoid scrimming one another during pro league weeks when they compete.

Hope I helped answer your question. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fair enough. I think between the potential narratives, and also changing the way gametypes will be played (potentially having them played in a manner that 343 isn't wanting), one could make an argument for why 343 doesn't want to change it. I'm not necessarily here to say radar or no radar is better, but I'm offering reasons as to why ripping it out may not be as easy as we think it is.

I feel like this conversation is over, if you're arguing that there's no way the narrative could potentially be different by not having radar then we are never going to agree. Especially when all you have done is cherry pick my posts and try to dismiss them instead of making an actual argument that refutes the point which is "Narrative is a potential reason as to why we can't just rip out radar".

By the way, Halo 5 without radar is completely different, I will gladly make that argument any day of the week.

i'm fine with agreeing to disagree but i will point this out since apparently comp halo pre halo 5 is not enough of an argument against 'preserving the narrative';

when the crux of your whole post relies on a fallacy, it's not cherrypicking to focus on that one point. what is cherrypicking is entertaining the idea that guys like eric and tj have any probability of losing their thumbs should radar be taken out without taking into account that they made a name for themselves while radar was off.

by all means, go ahead and make the no radar h5 is different argument. i'll just refer you to the nv v lg no radar game that pretty much debunked all the "radar balances out spartan abilities" rhetoric. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you enter a match on Halo 5 and forget if it's HCS or social slayer.  :apg:

You were just so immersed you couldn't tell.  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You were just so immersed you couldn't tell.  :holmes:

WovenBowl242314 crouching around with shotgun and plasma rifle really just put me into the action you know? I really felt like a spartan being able to sprint around the map and really punish my enemies with these cool spartan abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

WovenBowl242314 crouching around with shotgun and plasma rifle really just put me into the action you know? I really felt like a spartan being able to sprint around the map and really punish my enemies with these cool spartan abilities.

Still sucks, we need black undersuits before anything else  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still sucks, we need black undersuits before anything else  :kappa:

The only thing that needs tweaked is the hunters. They make the campaign too hard and need nerfed. Also we should be able to be a 5star general after 5 arena games. thanks

• Upvote (+1) 2