CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EhUwOzG.jpg

Homina homina!!!  <3

:wutface: 

Aherm, anyway been a busy day at work today so I can't watch the series.  

Did EG look terrible and tilty against OG yesterday, or were a bunch of the games more closely contested than the scrim scores show? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Emma Watson

WTF is this? I literally spent a solid minute trying to figure out if I knew who it was. Honestly thought it was a meth head if I'm honest.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

also, why are the twins using a folding chair instead of that perfectly good gaming chair?  Excellent Maxnomic NeedForSeat chair I am totally thinking about buying because it looks awesome!

Folding Chairs don't trap heat.

There were several instances at Regionals or XGames, I think, where pros requested folding chairs in place of the trash DXRacers provided.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you check your ping/download/upload to H5/Xbox servers?

Go to network settings and go to detailed network settings.

How can you check your ping/download/upload to H5/Xbox servers?

That only pings the server in Redmond (if you're in the US). Not the closest one.

This site is probably more accurate:  http://www.azurespeed.com/  but its really just an assumption that the H5 servers are running on/in the same datacenters as the Azure system.  I don't think that anybody has specifically stated that to be true, however its a pretty good guess since it seems foolish for a 1st party microsoft studio not to leverage a gigantic network of microsoft ran datacenters.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This site is probably more accurate:  http://www.azurespeed.com/  but its really just an assumption that the H5 servers are running on/in the same datacenters as the Azure system.  I don't think that anybody has specifically stated that to be true, however its a pretty good guess since it seems foolish for a 1st party microsoft studio not to leverage a gigantic network of microsoft ran datacenters.

My lowest ping to any of those servers was still over 50ms, no wonder the game sucks for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That only pings the server in Redmond (if you're in the US). Not the closest one.

Thanks guys.

FYI guys, the businessman who does the yearly eSorts games tier list has updated the list with 2016 data. The Halo franchise has maintained its position as a tier 2 eSport, ranking in the same tier as CoD, Smite, SC2 and more. It should be noted that OW is listed as T2 due to prize pool but should probably be considered a T1 game with what tournament organizers have planned for 2017. Here's the link to the full article where the author gives a couple explanations of the results. I am a little concerned that SFV isn't on the list at all, I can only imagine that the low online MAU is what kept it off (which may not be fair given how much of the playerbase plays offline and how big a prize pool and streaming presence the game has). This obviously isn't a perfect way to rank eSport popularity and there can be big gaps between games that are within the same tiers, but it's statistical approach does provide nice food for thought for those who are consistently comparing Halo to other titles.

Kinda odd to see Halo 5 have enough MAUs to fit there, but it -has- to be inflated by customs, GrifBall, Infection, and Warzone players... And only 4.53 million copies sold.

Still nice to see we're in a tier above Rocket League and Fifa 17

My lowest is 140 ms.

Stop headcasing.  The game is fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FYI guys, the businessman who does the yearly eSorts games tier list has updated the list with 2016 data. The Halo franchise has maintained its position as a tier 2 eSport, ranking in the same tier as CoD, Smite, SC2 and more. It should be noted that OW is listed as T2 due to prize pool but should probably be considered a T1 game with what tournament organizers have planned for 2017. Here's the link to the full article where the author gives a couple explanations of the results. I am a little concerned that SFV isn't on the list at all, I can only imagine that the low online MAU is what kept it off (which may not be fair given how much of the playerbase plays offline and how big a prize pool and streaming presence the game has). This obviously isn't a perfect way to rank eSport popularity and there can be big gaps between games that are within the same tiers, but it's statistical approach does provide nice food for thought for those who are consistently comparing Halo to other titles.

GameTiers_Jan17_Hilgers.jpg

Tier 9 - Penn and Teller: Desert Bus 

Tier 10 - Shadowrun, Halo CE, Viva Pinata.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People severely underestimate how big Overwatch already is and how big it's going to become. Well deserved because it's one of the most competitive and balanced games out right now. The developer support and communication from Blizzard is something I can only dream about Halo having. :/
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What about Conker: Live and Reloaded?  That's the competitive game where BossNasti got his start.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What about Conker: Live and Reloaded?  That's the competitive game where BossNasti got his start.

That scrub isn't even on the leaderboards in either Chapters or Story Mode category.

He better start studying the strats from the world record that got set five months ago.

That scrub isn't even on the leaderboards in either Chapters or Story Mode category.

He better start studying the strats from the world record that got set five months ago.

I'm seeing a lot of accusations..

but can you prove it?

there's such a massive gap between t1 and t2, and the main thing i notice is that the 1 games are all pc. im not sure any console game could get there at this point. it is nice to see those hours watched being so high. im hoping that worlds and dreamhack can push our exposure higher!

Tier 10 is where I wanna be.

Viva Pinata was awesome. No sarcasm.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where does Doritos Crash Course rank on that list?

• Upvote (+1) 1

People severely underestimate how big Overwatch already is and how big it's going to become. Well deserved because it's one of the most competitive and balanced games out right now. The developer support and communication from Blizzard is something I can only dream about Halo having. :/

It's not there yet but it's going to be massive. They're forcing the Orgs present to be buffed by proper sports teams, interesting to follow.

https://www.over.gg/2633/miami-heat-invest-in-misfits

We Are Number One Except Every One is a @@Danoxide Noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bexvUd9IN7A

Best thing I've seen in ages. Dude sounds like he's having a lot of fun, I'm guilty of doing the random ass sounds too.

• Upvote (+1) 4