Scrim Results

ALG 8-5 SR

OG 14-3 EG

NV 10-3 TL

Inconceivable 12-1 LG

Inconceivable is Falcated, Shotzzy, Shooter, & Bubu Dubu

16-3 for optic

Classic naded

And what's funny is he said he couldve still teamed with str8 if he wanted after ace left for his grandma, but decided on cratos team.

Definitely weird to not see him on Str8 now that you mention it...

16-3 for optic

Nah it was only 14-3, confirmed by both Halo5Arena.com & my eyes by watching Lethul's stream  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah it was only 14-3, confirmed by both Halo5Arena.com & my eyes by watching Lethul's stream :simms:

You're right. I'm adding their wins to the total number of games in the scrim by mistake
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The reason you get so many bs lunges is because the melee will magnetise onto someone just as they thrust away so the melee will just chase them after they have thrusted.

• Upvote (+1) 4

so do yall think the lan environment will benefit some of the more inconsistent online teams like eg and lg?

also i saw road signs on my way to work advising me not to drive on the 20th due to the inauguration. fuck dc

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's insane that thrusting away from a melee does nothing, it just allows them to lunge even further.

It's online though. On his screen, he started the melee and likely connected before the other guy thrusted in real time. There's only 2 scenarios that could happen from the netcode. Either player 1 melees someone and it does no damage because the other guy already thrusted on his screen, or someome appears to lung further because of what I mentioned before. Halo 3s melee system was a constant trade for that reason. What you see on your screen is different than what your opponent sees on his. So they made it "fair" and made the melee trade system. In Halo 2, melee winners were people who had the better connection.

Internet takes time to get places.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's insane that thrusting away from a melee does nothing, it just allows them to lunge even further.

From my experience, the lunging, much like the aiming (still to a less severe yet noticeable degree) is latency based. If I'm on a server where I'm pinging long ~100ms, my lunge is forever but I can't melee trade. Every once in blue moon I'll be on a server where my ping is ~45ms, or lower, and I get barely any lunge at all, yet my melees trade every time. Its my belief that a lot of the mechanics in this game are based on latency. Your character model blends input from your own Xbox and from the server, so how ever long it takes to ping to the server your, Spartan won't respond on your screen until it gets the "go-ahead" from the server. There are times where my sprint doesn't respond and it's always on servers where I'm pinging high. Idk how to explain it, or how it would even be coded.

Also, if anyone is wondering how I know what my ping is to a server, I have a NetDuma. And it's amazing. 10/10 would recommend if you have the disposable income.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's online though. On his screen, he started the melee and likely connected before the other guy thrusted in real time. There's only 2 scenarios that could happen from the netcode. Either player 1 melees someone and it does no damage because the other guy already thrusted on his screen, or someome appears to lung further because of what I mentioned before. Halo 3s melee system was a constant trade for that reason. What you see on your screen is different than what your opponent sees on his. So they made it "fair" and made the melee trade system. In Halo 2, melee winners were people who had the better connection.

Internet takes time to get places.

It happens on LAN too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

its 343. lets not expect much from mechanical depth

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bubu was destroying in the LG scrim today. No scoping everything and putting LG in tilt.

Never seen a team tilt more honestly. If the tourney wasn't this week I'd swear they'd break up.

Ninjas rant shit talking after was funny though

• Upvote (+1) 1